IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

8 hours ago, deKay said:

I think Phantasy Star might be my GOTY.

It holds up after all this time? I might give it a try.

I wish Pinball FX3 had better tables. It feels so good playing with the flipgrip in portrait but most of the tables just suck hard (Doom is pretty good though)

53 minutes ago, Flub said:

It holds up after all this time? I might give it a try.

I wish Pinball FX3 had better tables. It feels so good playing with the flipgrip in portrait but most of the tables just suck hard (Doom is pretty good though)

Medieval madness is brilliant, have you tried it?

55 minutes ago, g wings said:

Medieval madness is brilliant, have you tried it?

Indeed, it’s one of the greatest pinners of all time, and plays lovely on Switch..

I think they’ve also released Attack from Mars by the same designers, also one of the greatest pinners of all time (or it’s out soon).

27 minutes ago, Popo said:

If we’re doing that then I’ll have 2017’s Hollow Knight, released this year on Switch, as my GOTY. 

You can use this very reasoning to vote for it in the GOTY awards here. None of the self imposed misery nonsense of the Computer Game Show here!

Banner SaGa Trilogy for £25 at Game in store and online seems a great deal. Has been on my steam wishlist since the first one... More likely to play as a portable. 

Edit:

Just saw the Korg gadget has an upadte to allow song export... Via ios app(export as qa code, add to ios app, export). 

I am tempted now... Has it ever been on sale? And for how much? 

2 hours ago, shynra said:

Banner SaGa Trilogy for £25 at Game in store and online seems a great deal. Has been on my steam wishlist since the first one... More likely to play as a portable. 

Edit:

Just saw the Korg gadget has an upadte to allow song export... Via ios app(export as qa code, add to ios app, export). 

I am tempted now... Has it ever been on sale? And for how much? 

Amazon have price matched too, cheers.

7 hours ago, Flub said:

I shall give it a go.

Does anyone know which Skyforce game is the newest? Anniversary or Reloaded?

Reloaded. If you like that kind of game and if Anniversary is at a good price then buy and finish that and if you’ve enjoyed it then go for Reloaded. It’s got all the same levels (and some extra ones) but has also had enough tweaks to it to make it feel fresh all over again. I played them to death on iOS where they both play brilliantly. 

2 minutes ago, womble9 said:

Reloaded. If you like that kind of game and if Anniversary is at a good price then buy and finish that and if you’ve enjoyed it then go for Reloaded. It’s got all the same levels (and some extra ones) but has also had enough tweaks to it to make it feel fresh all over again. I played them to death on iOS where they both play brilliantly. 

Cheers. It's reloaded I have. I just wasn't sure.

This looks a good dock

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/jumpgate-a-versatile-dock-for-switch-smart-device--2?utm_term=#/

2 hours ago, Osito said:

Amazon have price matched too, cheers.

Got a link to where Amazon have Banner Saga Trilogy on Switch for £25? Can’t find it.

EDIT: Think I found it. On back order till mid-January, but I can wait. Got plenty to play.

Anyone ever had problems with the Switch screen flickering in handheld mode? Mine was fine until this morning. It's really noticeable if you press the sleep button. And in any lighter games. Seriously annoying especially as my son has 2 switch games for Xmas so can't be sending it off for repair! 

Random question: I was thinking of getting the 8bitdo SF30 pro controller to use with my Raspberry Pi, but was wondering what the triggers were like to use - they look a bit small from the photos. Are they comfortable to use? I’m planning on using it for PS1 games, so would need to use the triggers a fair bit. 

4 minutes ago, Kazit said:

What’s the recommended sd card now to get for a switch? Asking on behalf of a mate

Take your pick...

32GB https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JWXGNT/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544779412&sr=8-1&keywords=micro%2Bsd%2B64gb&th=1

64GB https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JYVKNX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544779412&sr=8-1&keywords=micro%2Bsd%2B64gb&th=1

128GB https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JYC4XM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544779412&sr=8-1&keywords=micro%2Bsd%2B64gb&th=1

6 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Sue this has been asked, but my left joycon occasionally drifts up. What is the best way to clean it to see if I can stop it happening? No way I can afford £70 for a new set right now. 

<Passing on the arcane ways of yore>

You need to get a little nozzle you can blow through, e.g. a nozzle for an air pump to blow up footballs.

There's a rubber 'skirt' at the base of the joystick. It's hard to see, as it clings to the ball part of the stick. Poke the nozzle under that and blow, to clear any dust that's got under and is affecting drift.

1 minute ago, Twinbee said:

<Passing on the arcane ways of yore>

You need to get a little nozzle you can blow through, e.g. a nozzle for an air pump to blow up footballs.

There's a rubber 'skirt' at the base of the joystick. It's hard to see, as it clings to the ball part of the stick. Poke the nozzle under that and blow, to clear any dust that's got under and is affecting drift.

Awesome thanks.