rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

Big Ant announced the new ashes cricket is also being released for the Switch this summer. Test Cricket on the go is gonna be sweet.

If it's anything like their Big Bash game steer well clear mate. I won't go near a Big Ant game again. The worst game i've purchased on the Switch and i'm a big cricket fan.

2 minutes ago, PyramidFace said:

Gold coins are registered automatically for downloaded games.

Yeah, just noticed that when looking through the eShop and noticing I already had some prior to registering the physical ones. 

On 27/02/2019 at 15:15, ZOK said:

Okay, a mixed bag then! I’ll give it another hour or so at the weekend and see if it’s worth persevering.

It's a quiet, eccentric little game that is really charming in a one-man-band sort of way. Somehow it's become unfathomably popular - sometimes to its detriment - but it deserves to be taken for what it actually is. Accept that it's just walking and peeking into cabinets and meeting fleetingly joyful characters and you should have a rum old time that is rather unique, too.

6 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

It's a quiet, eccentric little game that is really charming in a one-man-band sort of way. Somehow it's become unfathomably popular - sometimes to its detriment - but it deserves to be taken for what it actually is. Accept that it's just walking and peeking into cabinets and meeting fleetingly joyful characters and you should have a rum old time that is rather unique, too.

Okay, accepted! I’ll give it more time to feed me joy.

2 minutes ago, Nequests said:

Have they actually announced that, or just more rumours?

Rumours, but from what I can make out, from the same guy who first mentioned Joker in Smash and P5R.

Ah, makes sense that they'll bring it over anyway. I have it on PS4 but can't bring myself to put a million hours into it, knowing I might be able to have it handheld on Switch at some point.

Re: Resident Evil price, there's definitely a Switch Tax at play, and there are plenty of games I haven't bought because of it. However, it's also a pretty good test of quality, as anything suspiciously cheap is genuine shit.

Okami, Katamari, Starred, Onimusha  - all should be recognised for their cheap prices to good quality ratio. They're exceptions though, I agree.

On yeah, I agree. £15 only becomes very cheap comparatively due to the crazy prices. 

Valkyrie Chronicles is another one worth peoples' time! I mention it because the shop is so bloated that gems get easily buried and forgotten.

33 minutes ago, therearerules said:

I'm talking about really cheap. The stuff @deKay tells everyone to buy in the e-shop thread.

So what cheap games have I suggested people buy *haven't* been decent?

I don't expect Breath of the Wild for a quid, but cheap games (and more expensive games on sale for under a fiver) like SubaraCity, Membrane, Kamiko, Slime-san, Subsurface Circular (on sale under a fiver again now!), Bulb Boy, Blaster Master Zero, etc. are definitely worth getting.

Just this morning I stopped played the tedium that was The Way (re'mastered'). Plus Kamiko, Slime-san and Subsurface Circular are all sitting on my 'meh' list, I wouldn't say they're worth playing, they're just cheap. I don't blame you for it though, I blame myself for never learning.

3 minutes ago, therearerules said:

Just this morning I stopped played the tedium that was The Way (re'mastered'). Plus Kamiko, Slime-san and Subsurface Circular are all sitting on my 'meh' list, I wouldn't say they're worth playing, they're just cheap. I don't blame you for it though, I blame myself for never learning.

Yeah, The way is very very slow isn't it. I've also been playing The Messenger alongside it, which is a mistake, as the movement in The Messenger is very smooth and slick.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jonnycash said:

Just  a quick question does anyone else insert there game card s and 2 in ten times the card isnt readable ?

Not all the time, but my copy of Mario & Rabbids would never ever work first time when inserting the cartridge.

I always took it out, and gave it a quick blow. Maybe its intentional to remind people of the SNES days.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, cohen205 said:

Yeah, The way is very very slow isn't it. I've also been playing The Messenger alongside it, which is a mistake, as the movement in The Messenger is very smooth and slick.

Yeah, I just came to it from Dead Cells and Mario Oddysey, which is just painful.

30 minutes ago, therearerules said:

I never recommended The Way, I asked if it was worth it for 79p or whatever it was. The other three, you're dead inside[1]

[1] Or don't like those sorts of games I suppose.

• Upvote 1

I've found with the eshop that I'm buying a lot of stuff which gets good, but not great, reviews just because they're in the sale and because they're on the Switch, when I would normally not bother with them on other consoles. I then play them and they're either just ok or I end up abandoning them. I'm going to be more discriminate with my eshop purchases, I think. I was going to pick up Gorogoa, for example, just because it's £6 rather than £12, until I realised I can play it for peanuts on my equally portable tablet.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

17 minutes ago, psycho_fox said:

Which one, Reloaded or Anniversary? Not that I know the difference...

They're both great, although I slightly prefer Reloaded.  I have them both on the XBox and I'm severely tempted to double dip in the Switch versions.