Nintendo Switch

deKay

Just caught up with the direct and my word, so many games but Snes confirms this as the greatest console ever made! I have just spent 20 mins looking for my damn switch to find out one of the kids has it with them, if the Snes games were out today I would not have been pleased....

I now have to look into the game sharing stuff properly and possibly get a few duplicate games as my youngest wants a Switch at Christmas - am I right in thinking I need to transfer her profile from my console to her new one? If so I take it all her saves will be on the new console but not on mine?

Just catching up on the Direct news now, some absolute Gold, can't wait for portable SNES and finally making progress in Deadly Premonition ( have bought many times in the past :))

Edit : Forgot to say about Jedi Knight 2 : Jedi Outcast..absolutely fucking yes!!!!

1 hour ago, smac said:

I'm so pleased I renewed my online sub yesterday!

I bought my first sub this morning. I would have happily paid £18 for just one of Zelda ALTTP or Super Metroid, so now it feels like a bargain.

I never played Xenoblade Chronicles, though I was tempted when the sequel had a price cut because of the positive buzz surrounding it, though I ultimately decided against it as i had tonne of other Switch games to play at that time & i left it on my Wish List for later.

Is the first one considered superior then?  Is that the one I should start with if i want to jump into the series?

5 minutes ago, deKay said:

What?

Just download them from the US eShop then.

Will it even be any sooner? I’m guessing midnight over here, evening in the US.

In other news, Nintendo says further games will now be added to the library on an ‘irregular basis’. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Colonel Panic said:

I can't believe Nintendo have normalised re-releasing the same SNES games over and over.

Breath of Fire, Demon’s Crest, Puyo Puyo 2 and non-GBA Yoshi’s Island are something new, at least. :) 

(Anyone know what the Super Famicom releases are for the Japanese Switch online, service BTW?)

3 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

Will it even be any sooner? I’m guessing midnight over here, evening in the US.

In other news, Nintendo says further games will now be added to the library on an ‘irregular basis’. :ph34r:

So just like the NES Online then.  Which wasn't too bad a schedule, but I do wonder what with the recent releases of SNES games as part of collections on behalf of Konami & Square-Enix, maybe the SNES Online wont' have as much third-party support as the NES Online did as they would much rather sell collections instead.

10 minutes ago, Jarik said:

I never played Xenoblade Chronicles, though I was tempted when the sequel had a price cut because of the positive buzz surrounding it, though I ultimately decided against it as i had tonne of other Switch games to play at that time & i left it on my Wish List for later.

Is the first one considered superior then?  Is that the one I should start with if i want to jump into the series?

Personally, I think its the greatest JRPG ever. I enjoyed 2 (not really a fan of X), but the first has better characters and story. 

And the music :wub:

10 minutes ago, Omizzay said:

Phoenix Wright, Pac Man CE and Sonic 2 were the only ones that I spotted that are on the Switch.

Spelunky and Super Monkey Ball have updated versions also coming.

Pac Man CE 2 is on the Switch, CE isn't, is it?

Monkey Ball is the utter shite Banana Blitz, not Super Monkey Ball.

Going through the eshop this morning adding things to my Wish List & downloading Demo's, I found that a HD Remake of Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, with the Plague Lord Expansion plus an additional expansion is coming on September 9th.

This game consumed my life back when I played it on DS.  What with all the other Match-3 Puzzlers that have come since then like Candy Crush it probably won't have the same impact, & the fact that Touchscreen is definitely the preferred way to play, but i'm still up for a return to this world.

1 minute ago, Jarik said:

Going through the eshop this morning adding things to my Wish List & downloading Demo's, I found that a HD Remake of Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, with the Plague Lord Expansion plus an additional expansion is coming on September 9th.

This game consumed my life back when I played it on DS.  What with all the other Match-3 Puzzlers that have come since then like Candy Crush it probably won't have the same impact, & the fact that Touchscreen is definitely the preferred way to play, but i'm still up for a return to this world.

Totally up for this. Great game