rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

21 hours ago, CBT said:

The 'pro controller' arrived today. Ridiculously pleased with the whole process and the unit - took 10 days to arrive, and it's nice and weighty. Decals(?) on the translucent part of the controller are nice and sharp, although not entirely sure they'll the official drawings. I got the Splatoon one. 

Paired instantly, and as a nice touch, the Switch recognised it was the controller with the green and pink handles :)

if you had any reservations, go for it, great value. Seriously tempted to get another one just for when people come over - the SSBU edition one has my eye...

Was it this one?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33014839979.html?

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

For those with Civ VI:

Need to get back to Civ. Got Res evil 4 on the go though. What a console this is.

On 23/07/2019 at 09:05, Shimmyhill said:

You need to lift up a little rubber skirt with some tweezers or small screwdriver and spray the contact cleaner in there.

Where did you get these from? I’ve seen loads on amazon/eBay but thinking back to changing PS4 sticks etc the quality varied quite a lot.

Just get Nintendo to fix them? It's free.

6 minutes ago, deKay said:

Just get Nintendo to fix them? It's free.

Ive seen it is in the US and refunds for people who have paid, mine are over two years old so until Nintendo in the UK follow it’s not free if you make an enquiry over it.

46 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Ive seen it is in the US and refunds for people who have paid, mine are over two years old so until Nintendo in the UK follow it’s not free if you make an enquiry over it.

Press release mentions contacting via http://support.nintendo.com - which covers all countries.

Have emailed them asking for refunds on the two (!)  repairs I had done on my neon blue right joycon, which still acts up. Then I’ll send a load more in for repair.

Its good that they have now realised that there is a problem, and are going to fix it for free..... but its such a ballache sending controllers back, as you cant play the damn switch!!

18 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Its good that they have now realised that there is a problem, and are going to fix it for free..... but its such a ballache sending controllers back, as you cant play the damn switch!!

Of course it's odd they didn't realise there was an issue for the last two years (when so many people were sending them in for repair but have now that the threat of a class action looms!

Please understand...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cohen205 said:

It’s why you buy another set when you send the faulty set off, genius marketing I’m sure - bloody Wario colours come out as they announce free repairs for all your faulty ones!

It’s also an opportunity for grey Joycon owners to see the light, live a little and throw them away join the cool kids with some colour in their life 8-)

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, therearerules said:

Is there any joycon with quieter buttons, or a way to stop them clicking?

There must be - mine don’t click.

Ok, I know it has been discussed more than once in this thread, but to save me trawling through trying to find the answer, if there now a safe, cheaper alternative to the official dock?  My son has moved out and I now have a games room and could do with a second one.

Thanks in advance.