Nintendo Switch

deKay

2 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Just set up a usa account to download the snes games but they dont appear to be there yet. Also are we sure we dont need another online membership for different region / user ?

I use the JP Famicom games with my UK Online account.

16 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Isn't it odd that even though Doom 64 was announced and dated for November Doom Eternal did not feature in the Direct, nor in any of their (Nintendo's) promotional materials to date.

It was in the E3 Direct.

5 minutes ago, sandman said:

How much is this switch online thing to play the SNES games?

Do I need to be online to play them?

A year is £18. You can get a free year if you have Twitch Prime (free with Amazon Prime). You don't need to be online to play the NES (and presumably SNES) games, you just need to have a connection to download the updates for them when they add games..

7 minutes ago, sandman said:

How much is this switch online thing to play the SNES games?

Do I need to be online to play them?

You need to launch the app while online and then you'll be able to play them offline for a week. After seven days you have to check in again. That's how it works at the moment with the NES games at least.

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I remember all those logos and Doom Eternal not being one of them. I dunno, perhaps it's going to be delayed.

They are till saying day and date. Can't remember where I saw that recently though. 

Just now, bradigor said:

They are till saying day and date. Can't remember where I saw that recently though. 

Hopefully it will happen, I just expected Nintendo to be making more out of having it for Switch as it's one of the biggest games of the year.

Fair enough. It's just odd that they didn't mention it at all with the release being so close, especially when they got Pete Hines who is head of global marketing at Bethesda to announce Doom 64, which is released the same date, yet not a sausage! 

39 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

A year is £18. You can get a free year if you have Twitch Prime (free with Amazon Prime). You don't need to be online to play the NES (and presumably SNES) games, you just need to have a connection to download the updates for them when they add games..

how do I get the twitch prime for free (I have amazon prime)?

Ok, so my Nintendo online is activated. I went through twitch and it was very odd. It said it was for 3 months then I would get 9 more later on and at the end asked me to confirm my credit card on the account so I have no idea what the heck is going on. 

Anyhoo, how do I download games?. I was just playing nes Zelda and as far as I could work out it was streaming the game.

I bought a Switch. Finally.

Bought it for Tetris 99 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore. And Dandy Dungeon. And Cadance of Hyrule. And Swery65 and SUDA 51 trips. And M2 ports. And vertical shmups. And Platinum Games.

Do I need a screen protector and whats a good carrying case? Any good D-Pads?

As someone who hasn't bought any Nintendo hardware since the Wii - I'm liking it a lot and it's very pleasant to navigate use and download things.

42 minutes ago, sandman said:

Ok, so my Nintendo online is activated. I went through twitch and it was very odd. It said it was for 3 months then I would get 9 more later on and at the end asked me to confirm my credit card on the account so I have no idea what the heck is going on. 

Anyhoo, how do I download games?. I was just playing nes Zelda and as far as I could work out it was streaming the game.

Nah, stick it on flight mode and you'll still be able to play it.

13 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I have been out all day on a painful bike ride, I then had a modest amount of high quality booze at  Cloudwater on my way home. 

When I get in a bit later, will I be able to play SMW on my Switch. 

Please be honest. 

Have you homebrewed it? If not, no.