Nintendo Switch

deKay

Got some slowdown in the first level of Super Mario World, which was weird. Also the physics feel quite different from SMM2! Much snappier, with far less inertia. I thought I'd gone a little bit mad when I first picked up SMM2 and it felt just a touch weird. 

16 hours ago, Nequests said:

Hopefully we'll be able to grab the Super Famicom app from the JPN store, though I have no idea if the library is any different.

I didn't see this addressed anywhere else, but I checked the Japanese version of the video, and it lists the following games:

6E4DD96C-7EB4-40DE-90A5-960C6A097100.thumb.png.733470a49b529912922e4a3f8d61111b.png

Translated, the list of games would read:

• F-Zero
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Starfox
  • Super Earth Defense Force
  • Smash Tennis
  • Super Soccer
  • Super Puyo Puyo 2
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Joe and Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
  • Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
  • Demon's Crest
  • Pilotwings
  • Breath of Fire
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Brawl Brothers
  • Stunt Race FX

It's almost the same list--except for the inclusion of Namco's Smash Tennis instead of Super Tennis. Opinions about how wrong it is to prefer Smash to Super aside, I wonder if this will be the pattern for upcoming updates, with one or two Japan/European releases swapped in.

8 hours ago, Colonel Panic said:

I just put on Stunt Race FX for the first time in... Well, I got it at launch and rinsed it for 6 months. 

It's fucking terrible. 

I honestly wonder if the amount of time I put into this and Doom on the SNES is why I get such terrible migraines now. It was enlightening to play again this morning if nothing else. 

This isn't news to anyone but Yoshi's Island is still unspeakably beautiful. I could watch that title screen for hours. 

I played through NTSC Super Mario World on the cycle-accurate Super NT earlier this year, and it does have occasional slowdown. I don’t remember it from back-in-the-day - not sure if that’s faulty memory, or if the PAL version didn’t suffer from it. 

Here's the first look at your xmas number 1 - looks like the spiritual successor to Wii Fit with some added party games and a bit of a chastity belt to me. More details on 12th apparently. The fact you slot the expensive joy con bit in means it'll be relatively cheap I suspect (by Nintendo standards).

6 hours ago, ann coulter said:

There's an option to hide controls in game. :omg:

But it doesn't hide the P1 symbol with your avatar at the side of the game, even in single player. :facepalm:

Same as the NES games.

3 hours ago, DeDeDe said:

It's almost the same list--except for the inclusion of Namco's Smash Tennis instead of Super Tennis. Opinions about how wrong it is to prefer Smash to Super aside, I wonder if this will be the pattern for upcoming updates, with one or two Japan/European releases swapped in.

Same as the NES games.

36 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

I honestly wonder if the amount of time I put into this and Doom on the SNES is why I get such terrible migraines now. It was enlightening to play again this morning if nothing else. 

This isn't news to anyone but Yoshi's Island is still unspeakably beautiful. I could watch that title screen for hours. 

It's crazy, I used to think it was a the future!

As for Yoshi's Island. Yeah man, I played through it recently and it's just gorgeous. Brilliant game too.

Just was going through the process of setting up the Twitch Prime / Nintendo online offer online and right at the end of it all I got the below message. Does this mean I need to validate the offer via the hardware? Because I'm doing all this prior to picking up the Switch Lite in a few weeks:

Error Code: 9001-0026

In order to continue, please access Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console linked to this Nintendo Account.

Just want to make sure I'm not doing anything incorrect, before getting the hardware and having the online service setup beforehand.

Just had a go at F-Zero. Christ allmighty I’m terrible at it now. I can’t remember it being this fast. It went well for the first couple of courses but when I got to the Death wind course I died. I was flung all over the place and struggled to do the hairpin turns while compensating for the wind.

While F-Zero ran smoothly, Ghosts n Goblins had some terrible framedrops at times, making it even harder. I hope this isn’t a general emulation issue.

3 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Just was going through the process of setting up the Twitch Prime / Nintendo online offer online and right at the end of it all I got the below message. Does this mean I need to validate the offer via the hardware? Because I'm doing all this prior to picking up the Switch Lite in a few weeks:

Error Code: 9001-0026

In order to continue, please access Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console linked to this Nintendo Account.

Just want to make sure I'm not doing anything incorrect, before getting the hardware and having the online service setup beforehand.

So you don’t have an existing account on a Switch?