Nintendo Switch

deKay

1 minute ago, Dan said:

It was a little finicky for me too, when I clicked on it in latest it told me I had to have a membership(which I have) and there was no download to click. I had to click on membership options and then go back, then I had the option to download :) 

This happened to me too.

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Can you do it before your current one ends though?

Yes, but I don't know if it stacks or just wipes out the end of it. Not really an issue, I've only a week left :)

I said something similar when Virtua Racing came out on Switch but if Nintendo got M2 to give Stunt Race FX the same treatment, it would be received just as well. As things stand I’m trading on nostalgia for Aqua Tunnel alone and it’s still a welcome reunion with the 4WD (not so much the 2WD). This bond cannot be broken by frame rates.

PS. My former Super Tennis skills are MIA.

3 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

PS. My former Super Tennis skills are MIA.

I could hardly return the ball in super tennis, I used to be good at it.

Still bullseyed the first couple of Pilotwings parachute landings though - just playing it made me happy but sad, its crying out for nice bright 60fps HD new game on the switch.

17 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Can you do it before your current one ends though?

You can, but if you switch to a family membership it essentially replaces your single user one - so you only really want to change type when you are near the end or you'll lose whatever you have left.

BLOT: You get 12 months of family from whenever you enter the code, it won't stack or add-on to the end of a single-user membership.

The thing I'm most surprised about is 20 games all in one go. I was expecting 2 a month like the NES one. Or wait, did the NES one start with 20 games then add 2 every month? Can't remember now.

Either way, this is a great selection of SNES games, and I hope it's not too long before they add more.

1 minute ago, dug said:

Or wait, did the NES one start with 20 games then add 2 every month? Can't remember now.

NES launched with 20 games, yeah. I guess with the SNES, it feels more generous, particularly with the all-time classics that are Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island there from day one. The SNES line up doesn't get much better than that.

15 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

NES launched with 20 games, yeah. I guess with the SNES, it feels more generous, particularly with the all-time classics that are Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island there from day one. The SNES line up doesn't get much better than that.

Wasn't Yoshi's Island one of the latter SNES games too? For Nintendo to give it to us upfront like that is really starting the service off with a bang, but I wonder what the lineup will look like going forward.

For instance, i don't think we'll get Super Castlevania IV, Contra III/Super Probotector or Secret of Mana on the service as those games are being sold separately as part of collections, but I'm sure there's other titles both Konami & Square-Enix would be willing to put on there.

What a great line up of games, just downloaded them from the shop, still can't quite decide between Pixel Perfect and CRT Filter....I liked Pixel Perfect on the NES one since it looked a bit too RF like, but CRT on the SNES one seems to be closer to RGB style CRT TV.

12 minutes ago, scottcr said:

This is now the absolute definitive way to play these games... telly, on the go, rewind, save points... Just played a bit of LttP, it looks lovely on the switch screen.    

Absolutely. Cue the onslaught of SNES mini's in the trading folder.

4 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Stunt Race FX. :( Can't believe I used to love it, it's aged so badly.

You think?  I mean, technically, yes, but I played it for the first time last year (well, bar the odd go on the demo machine in my local Comet) on my Super NT and really adored it.  It oozes charm, from the characters, I mean cars, to the track design and music.  Would liove to play a polished version with less clipping and more fps, but not necessarily much more.