Nintendo Switch

deKay

1 hour ago, Horribleman said:

It's a complete remake. New everything.

It's the same story, dialogue, map, puzzles, and items. It's new graphics, sound and modified controls.

More a reskin than a remake.

In an effort to stop the five page debate, what releases has everyone picked up on this insane week? I've bought:

Zelda: Links Awakening Limited Edition

AI: The Somnium Files Limited Edition

Puzzle Quest

Sayonara Wild Hearts

And I'll have Untitled Goose Game later on today. That's ridiculous. 

Just now, deKay said:

A lot of people are going for Sayonara Wild Hearts. Genuine question - why? Seems to just be yet another autorunner, albeit one with better than average art and music.

It's an amazing blend of art and music - similar to Rez. With a nice story and great high score mechanic at high promotes replayability. Honestly, it may end up my favourite release of the week, which really is saying something. 

9 hours ago, Majora said:

The WiFi in the Switch is terrible, sadly. It was the first thing I noticed on launch day.

My dock currently sits about 4 inches away from a mesh wifi node and I still don't get full bars on the signal. Speed is much better but god only knows what's going on with the thing.

By default, your existing Switch is the primary one.

Non-primary Switches need to check in every few hours so yeah the lite will need a connection every now and then.

You can set your Lite as the primary using the system settings, apparently you can do this as many times as you like. Think in your situation I'd make the daughter's Lite the primary. Obviously though if she's playing a game somewhere and you want to play it on your home one, that'll kick her out.

1 minute ago, ABenevolentGod said:

By default, your existing Switch is the primary one.

Non-primary Switches need to check in every few hours so yeah the lite will need a connection every now and then.

You can set your Lite as the primary using the system settings, apparently you can do this as many times as you like. Think in your situation I'd make the daughter's Lite the primary. Obviously though if she's playing a game somewhere and you want to play it on your home one, that'll kick her out.

What if she is playing digital and i am using a cartridge?

4 hours ago, deKay said:

I’ve got Link and Goose. Tempted by Puzzle Quest as I loved it on the DS but not sure about the controls. Still playing Astral Chain and River City Girls though.

Too many games.

Puzzle Quest on Switch works great in Tablet-Only mode with a capacitive stylus, or even just your fingers, to the point that I have just dropped the Switch sans Joy-cons into my jacket pocket so I can keep playing.

Which caused a problem when I wanted to hop back to the main Switch menu & couldn't figure out how.  Until i got back to the Joy-cons i was stuck playing Puzzle Quest.  The Horror! :o

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

Turn it off then back on.

Is that where you hold down the main power button for a few seconds?  I thought of that, but i didn't want to reboot the console.  I just wanted to check something on the news feed, & upon finding i couldn't decided it wasn't important enough for a full shutdown & restart, which i'm quite fond of the fact that the Switch hardly ever needs.

Nah, if I just drop the Switch into one pocket & the Joy-cons into the other, I should be set.

2 minutes ago, Jarik said:

Is that where you hold down the main power button for a few seconds? 

No - just press power and it goes off (well, standby), then press it on again. You'll be at the "press the same button three times" screen, tap the screen three times and you'll be on the home screen.

1 minute ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

£22.99 for Tetris 99 DLC and a year of Online seems like a pretty boss deal. I wonder if the code will last until my current year runs out.

edit: wait, I forgot Online only costs like £18, less Boss.

...DLC? More... blocks?