rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

NSO: I’m guessing the answer is no but is there anyway to turn off the grey halftone background? It’s irritating me more than it probably should.

Also: I got the Japanese one too to see if there was any difference. They get Smash Tennis rather than Super Tennis (not that I’ll end up playing either).

10 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

NSO: I’m guessing the answer is no but is there anyway to turn off the grey halftone background? It’s irritating me more than it probably should.

Also: I got the Japanese one too to see if there was any difference. They get Smash Tennis rather than Super Tennis (not that I’ll end up playing either).

Play Super Tennis - its still quite possibly the best tennis game ever..

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

There isn't. Not entirely sure why it's there. Maybe in QA the feedback was that massive black bars are distracting in a different way but the choice would be appreciated.

It doesn't personally bother me as the controls on screen used to but I'd still support the removal option, of course.

For my part, I'm loving play SMK and SMW again without third party emulation. Really great to have these in rotation. 

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

Apologies if there's a well-known answer to this, but what Switch controller had the best dpad?

The 8bitdo M30 has been the best for me by some distance. I wasnt keen on the HORI handheld-only dpad JoyCon and the Pro Controller's dpad is just decent, not great.

• Upvote 5

Interesting, and you may know this already, but the new Switch iteration has the same 4310 mAh battery as the 'old' one.  It's just that they've updated the main chip so you get a longer battery life. 

Charging system configeration is the same, heatsink the same....game slot the same...same fan, small changes for the video signal, some smalller filters for the video signal (makes sense if its drawing less power) and some differences including reduced configuration.  

More importantly, is the shitty old drifty JoyCon the same design?  The answer is no, but...is it better?  Only time will tell...

5 hours ago, Colonel Panic said:

You know, Stunt Race FX isn't *that* bad after all. Maybe it's playing it on the small screen or something? 

It begins to feel better after you sort off understand the input lag etc and anticipate things. I still love the game atfer all these years. Aqua tunnel is a great course.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, xtremeboat said:

Accidentally played Yoshi’s Island for 3 hours. Never had a SNES growing up. What a game

It gets better and better as well. The ending boss fight is great stuff.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Play Super Tennis - its still quite possibly the best tennis game ever..

I remember the last boss you play against on it being insanely difficult to beat.

6 hours ago, the_debaser said:

I'm definitely buying that snes wireless controller. Best d pad ever.

Wrong! Joffocakes, what is best in life?

41 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

The 8bitdo M30 has been the best for me by some distance. I wasnt keen on the HORI handheld-only dpad JoyCon and the Pro Controller's dpad is just decent, not great.

That is good, that is good. 

• Upvote 1

They added 2 or 3 Nes games every month so perhaps they will do something similar. 

The switch joycon dpads are ideal for some stuff where you need to hit separate directions (puzzle games!) but terrible for games required lots of diagonals and transitions - even sliding your thumb over the joycon buttons for a dragon punch or whatever is quite uncomfortable. 

I've been using one of those Hori joy cons for games that need a good D-Pad on the go, but I absolutely hate how it looks and it's a tighter fit than standard ones, so I'm worried it'll make the original joy con wobbly or something.

20 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

They added 2 or 3 Nes games every month so perhaps they will do something similar. 

Nintendo have already confirmed going forward the releases won't be as set in their launches unfortunately:

'More Super NES games will be added after launch, but those releases will not adhere to a regular schedule. Please look forward to future announcements."

&

"More NES games will be added in the future, but those releases will not adhere to a regular schedule. Please look forward to future announcements."

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Colonel Panic said:

I'm sure all the usual suspects will show up eventually. 

Well, except for the ones that are already being sold separately in collections like Super Castlevania IV & Secret of Mana.

Dare we hope for Chrono Trigger though?  They did remake that for the DS & AFAIK a port of the mobile version came out for PC not long ago, but as it's not actively being sold right now maybe Square will be willing to allow it.