rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

It may be anathema, but the rewin feature means I'm going to see the end of some of these games now.  I gave up with Super Metroid ages ago - but keen to go back to it.  

In other news, looks like the Daemon X Machina demo is like Dragon Quest - the first 10 missions and you save your progress.... oh man.  I just can keep up with the awesome.

45 minutes ago, scottcr said:

It may be anathema, but the rewin feature means I'm going to see the end of some of these games now. 

It's a game changer! I would love this to be standard across all games

• Upvote 1

Yeah the rewind feature is much better than the snes classic. So much quicker.

I really hope we get as many 2 player games available as possible, unfortunately most of the best ones are unlikely due to licensing.:(

It's a shame the rewind feature isn't disabled during time trials. Maybe they'll add "SP" versions of Mario Kart and F-Zero where 150cc and tracks are already unlocked but save states and rewind are disabled to keep folk honest.

Friend leaderboards is a more optimistic hope.

Just now, scottcr said:

But what if I’m having fun playing and using rewind?

I think we both know you’re free to enjoy the game as you see fit. I’m just expressing my thoughts on the matter. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, scottcr said:

But what if I’m having fun playing and using rewind?

Are you having fun in a crowded room full of people who love starfox,or a forum thread, and all retelling stories of how they died at so and so part because that was part of their experience? That was part of the joy of the game- learning to beat it. I can understand cheating if the game truly cheats you, but you're having an odd experience of what gaming fundamentally is, if you use it too liberally I think. That said if you use it to learn and get through sections and replay without it that could be worthwhile.

• Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, mrpranny said:

Are you having fun in a crowded room full of people who love starfox,or a forum thread, and all retelling stories of how they died at so and so part because that was part of their experience? That was part of the joy of the game- learning to beat it. I can understand cheating if the game truly cheats you, but you're having an odd experience of what gaming fundamentally is, if you use it too liberally I think. That said if you use it to learn and get through sections and replay without it that could be worthwhile.

If someone has loads and loads of free time to devote to it then great. But for people with families and jobs rewind features are a godsend even if it might seem like an odd experience to you.

I've barely touched the SNES games since they were added but if/when I find time I'm going to be using the rewind just as liberally as @scottcr.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

If someone has loads and loads of free time to devote to it then great. But for people with families and jobs rewind features are a godsend even if it might seem like an odd experience to you.

I've barely touched the SNES games since they were added but if/when I find time I'm going to be using the rewind just as liberally as @scottcr.

Its absolutely a different experience. Would you put it in modern games? Do you still have a family and a job while you play modern games? How do you cope?!

Demon’s Crest is a game I have never played before – It looked like a Castlevania style platform romp at first, but after the introductory level, turns out it was an early attempt at a Metroidvania. Have to dig out my Super Plays from storage to check the review out. Feels like I could mess up and miss out on some vital items....

I love my Switch but it’s always been a hassle to get it docked.

Hold the home button. Nothing happens. Take out console and reinsert. Try again. This time the console switches on but won’t connect to the TV. Unplug everything. Take out and reinsert all cables. Try again and now it works.

I have to go through this about one time out of five. I don’t know if it’s just dust or shit cables. Are all of them a bit unreliable or is it just mine?

1 minute ago, mrpranny said:

Its absolutely a different experience. Would you put it in modern games? Do you still have a family and a job while you play modern games? How do you cope?!

You don't play many driving games do you?

3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

You don't play many driving games do you?

No I play animal crossing ;3  . Do you have a set amount of rewinds ? I assume its woven into the game mechanics somehow?

~It could even work in Dark souls or something similar. Just if it was limited or purposefully part of the game sure.