rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

On 18/09/2019 at 11:00, Rex Grossman said:

The SNES Mini will be around longer than the Switch online service – and you can add your own games to it.

Yeah; personally I don't see the point of getting SNES games on the Switch when you have a SNES mini.

1 hour ago, scottcr said:

You shouldn’t need to wall jump anywhere....

Oh...

then I have taken a wrong turn somewhere in Maridia.

Satisfying to pull off once you master it though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Blunted said:

A little easier than taking a TV on the bus.

Hahaha, a bit like saying there's no point in mobile phones you can just call people on your land line.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Never been tempted by the lite, but this has made my jaw drop to the floor. 

Really though?

The thing is , I remember buying a Gameboy Pocket on the day it was released - with Links Awakening, for £75.

I'm still tempted by this deal though, mainly because I'm stuck in hospital at the moment and have been thinking about getting a Switch for a while. 

How does the game compare to the original? Other than presumably being in colour - is there much new to it?

Also anyone know if this offer is available in store? Thinking of getting my mate to pick it up for me on his way to visit tomorrow, if it is. 

12 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Really though?

The thing is , I remember buying a Gameboy Pocket on the day it was released - with Links Awakening, for £75.

I'm still tempted by this deal though, mainly because I'm stuck in hospital at the moment and have been thinking about getting a Switch for a while. 

How does the game compare to the original? Other than presumably being in colour - is there much new to it?

Also anyone know if this offer is available in store? Thinking of getting my mate to pick it up for me on his way to visit tomorrow, if it is. 

Yeah really. I was thinking of picking up Zelda anyway, so technically I’d be getting a brand new switch lite for £150.

Ok then. I sneaked out of work to get home early and set the little thing up for the kids. Pretty smooth process all on all. 

My only frustration is the WiFi seems pretty sensitive to signal. My sky router is no more that 20 feet away through a few open door and around a plasterboard wall but it’s not having any of it. 

Incredibly - to me at least - there isn’t a socket for an Ethernet cable or I could use my dlinks. Guess I’ll meed to get a WiFi booster of some description.  

8 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

Really though?

It's a complete remake. New everything.

7 hours ago, bobontheway said:

So what time does the store update? When can I get my goose fix?!?

2pm usually, but for Goose, 9am

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Horribleman said:

It's a complete remake. New everything.

It's the same story, dialogue, map, puzzles, and items. It's new graphics, sound and modified controls.

More a reskin than a remake.

Just now, deKay said:

It's the same story, dialogue, map, puzzles, and items. It's new graphics, sound and modified controls.

More a reskin than a remake.

It's a remake. If it was a reskin then the movement would be the same. 

In an effort to stop the five page debate, what releases has everyone picked up on this insane week? I've bought:

Zelda: Links Awakening Limited Edition

AI: The Somnium Files Limited Edition

Puzzle Quest

Sayonara Wild Hearts

And I'll have Untitled Goose Game later on today. That's ridiculous. 

Yeah, LA, Sayonara, HONK for me. Still jiving with DxM and gone back to FE:3H for the Nazi run. Playing Dodonpachi DaiOuJou and Ketsui on the 360. Gotta get sacked really to free up some time. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve got Link and Goose. Tempted by Puzzle Quest as I loved it on the DS but not sure about the controls. Still playing Astral Chain and River City Girls though.

Too many games.

A lot of people are going for Sayonara Wild Hearts. Genuine question - why? Seems to just be yet another autorunner, albeit one with better than average art and music.

• Downvote 1

Just now, deKay said:

A lot of people are going for Sayonara Wild Hearts. Genuine question - why? Seems to just be yet another autorunner, albeit one with better than average art and music.

It's an amazing blend of art and music - similar to Rez. With a nice story and great high score mechanic at high promotes replayability. Honestly, it may end up my favourite release of the week, which really is saying something. 

• Upvote 1

Have purchased zelda (actually used my Nintendo voucher thingy), GRID, untitled goose game, Sayonara, track & field and the footie game i can’t remember the name of!