rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

21 hours ago, chris on the moon said:

It won't be possible for me to play on the TV while charging the joy cons - correct?

Don't worry, the batteries last for ages and attaching them to the console is the best place to store them when not in use anyway.

• Upvote 1

As someone who is supposed to do 30 to 60 minutes of cardio a day but who happens to hate the gym and live in a country where it’s always raining, I am well up for this.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Stanley said:

No one needs to do 60 minutes cardio a day. 

True, in my case it’s just a good idea. I would rather just eat susages.

On 11/10/2019 at 18:06, Gord said:

Yes, yes, yes, yes, because. 

4 hours ago, wretcherd said:

Don't worry, the batteries last for ages and attaching them to the console is the best place to store them when not in use anyway.

Thank you both! 

I keep chipping away at Mario Odyssey. When the TV’s free, on the TV, when it’s not, on handheld. Sometimes I take it in the kitchen and play it in there for a while in desktop mode between cooking steps.

I dropped the grip with my joycons in it so now my right Joycon is a bit creaky so I guess I’ve got to buy those pink and green ones. For reasons.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

6 hours ago, Stanley said:

No one needs to do 60 minutes cardio a day. 

There is very good evidence that at least 30mins per day prolongs life.

7 hours ago, drmick said:

There is very good evidence that at least 30mins per day prolongs life.

I guess it depends on your lifestyle. If you’re pretty active anyway you need a day here and there to literally do fuck all and let your body rest. 

• Upvote 2

My switch snes pads just turned up. Seem decent from quick impressions. 

Just want a few more snes games now to show up.

Nice. Are they a similar weight to the original pads? I assume they don’t come with rumble or anything?

On 11/10/2019 at 18:06, Gord said:

Yes, yes, yes, yes, because. 

Nintendo do seem to have least learned the meaning of the word 'sale' recently.  If you put games you are interested in on your Switch eShop wishlist, you'll get an email notification if they go on sale, & at least one title on my list has done so twice.

On 12/10/2019 at 19:12, womblingfree said:

As someone who is supposed to do 30 to 60 minutes of cardio a day but who happens to hate the gym and live in a country where it’s always raining, I am well up for this.

actually looks pretty good

On 12/10/2019 at 16:10, deKay said:

Hyper Sentinel is 12 cents on the US eShop if anyone is interested.

I got it for 6c as I had 6 gold points.

But... every time I finish the second level, I get a black screen and it won't respond or do anything :(

On 11/10/2019 at 11:54, bm said:

Got my notification that my 30th September order has been shipped. Estimated delivery Tuesday (£8.90)

Mine turned up today. It's a little chunkier than I was expecting - though I may be mis-remembering the size of the original.

Don't forget: within the SNES app, you can hold ZR and R in place of the (missing) home button, and ZL and L for the (missing) capture button. Only within that app, though.

On 12/10/2019 at 18:12, womblingfree said:

22 hours ago, scottcr said:

actually looks pretty good

Quick heads up for you two and obv anyone else who's dares to admit they're interested (I've not ordered one, honest :)) that The Game Collection over on ebay have got this listed and there's 20% off with the code POPULAR20 taking it down to a rather more palatable £52.00.  

• Upvote 7

On 12/10/2019 at 18:12, womblingfree said:

Looks good but they’ve dumped my 2 favourites from the previous videos 5642FB5D-246D-4FE6-A501-27AAADED6B8A.gif.497ba83fb8b31b0f29674ea8d2ee0df7.gif

1F4D709F-7052-495F-A3E7-5DB7624929E6.gif.4c0096ca453679d87043618c91d73e60.gif

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, womble9 said:

Quick heads up for you two and obv anyone else who's dares to admit they're interested (I've not ordered one, honest :)) that The Game Collection over on ebay have got this listed and there's 20% off with the code POPULAR20 taking it down to a rather more palatable £52.00.  

Thank you. I definitely haven't cancelled my Amazon order and gone for this.

• Upvote 1

I’m probably being dense, but: sometimes if I press the “y” button with the keyboard up, to insert a space, it inserts the first word prediction instead. Sometimes. What am I doing wrong?

Mine has arrived. It’s great. Love the sneaked in Zr and Zl. Just wish it had its own home button. Need to try it with Mario maker. 

4 hours ago, womble9 said:

Thanks! Have ordered both this and Witcher 3 :)

Cheers @womblingfree it is such a cliche but I’ve ordered this for my wife. She’s complained of wanting to do gym stuff but has some pretty genuine limits on time that make it not work. Showed her this and she was all like “haha no” until she got to a battle bit of the trailer and suddenly her tune was changed! 

I am looking forward to having a go, and seeing if we can do the psychopath expressions while we play. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Alex W. said:

I’m probably being dense, but: sometimes if I press the “y” button with the keyboard up, to insert a space, it inserts the first word prediction instead. Sometimes. What am I doing wrong?

It has always done that because Nintendo.

• Empathy 1

Discovered why the post and packing of the SNES controllers is so pricey. That’s a lot of packaging for 2 controllers.

D154A413-5938-4DD3-8E40-89065FC23A79.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

1 hour ago, deKay said:

It has always done that because Nintendo.

Sometimes it doesn’t though, and it’s be great to figure out how to make it never do it. :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Coolcongo said:

anyone getting Witcher, wondering how it is Framerate and looks wise.

I've got it. Played up until you hit the first inn (just before the fist fight). I'm playing exclusively handheld on a lite and it's an amazing achievement. That said if you should buy it probably depends on what you want to get out of it.

As DF say in their video if you plan to play mostly/exclusively docked and have another console/PC you can play it on the Switch version isn't going to be the best version you can play. Undocked it's a revelation and just shows what can be achieved on this little beast.

If you've never played it and the Switch is your primary form of video game content you're going to have a blast for the next 100 hours or so :)

• Upvote 2