rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Every first party WiiU game has found its way to the Switch, which is expected as for most they are entirely new games so there was no point in making a new Smash Bros, Mario Kart, New Mario Bros etc when perfectly good versions existed that could be repackaged. But why is there no sign of Super Mario 3D world? It’s the only WiiU game I wanted to play and have previously thought it would only be a matter of time. But still no sign, even that Toad game got a Switch release, Nintendo being Nintendo I’m half expecting it to never happen. 

1 hour ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Every first party WiiU game has found its way to the Switch, which is expected as for most they are entirely new games so there was no point in making a new Smash Bros, Mario Kart, New Mario Bros etc when perfectly good versions existed that could be repackaged. But why is there no sign of Super Mario 3D world? It’s the only WiiU game I wanted to play and have previously thought it would only be a matter of time. But still no sign, even that Toad game got a Switch release, Nintendo being Nintendo I’m half expecting it to never happen. 

I'm sure it will happen.  They must have the conversion process sorted by now.  SM3DW and Pikmin 3 are both games I expect to arrive on the Switch in due course. 

I would rebuy 3d World again, amazing game that was awesome in two player. It was the first game me and my daughter played together that she was able to understand and enjoy.

I wonder if they will slip it out next year when it is a little quiet in the release schedule.

No Yoshi’s Wooly World, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, or NES Remix.

Or Wonderful 101, which is sort of first party.

20 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Wonderful 101 would be difficult I’d have thought what with its controls. But Mario 3D world would be perfect on the Switch especially in multiplayer 

I played the entirety of W101 with normal controls.

They had NSMBsd and SMM2, so I got those. Checking again on Wednesday.

it smacks  of desperation on my part though. Buying any games they’ve got...

Another trip back to Tesco tonight and picked up...

Mario Maker 2

NSMBU deluxe

Mario Party

Yoshi Crafted world.

All going away until later in December for birthday and Xmas.

Add Luigi Mansion and Links Awakening I picked up a few days ago and I'm pretty much sorted for gaming next year already.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, memories said:

Another trip back to Tesco tonight and picked up...

Mario Maker 2

NSMBU deluxe

Mario Party

Yoshi Crafted world.

All going away until later in December for birthday and Xmas.

Add Luigi Mansion and Links Awakening I picked up a few days ago and I'm pretty much sorted for gaming next year already.

How long does the tesco offer go on for?

Finishes on the 11th I believe.

There are 3 big Tesco Extras close to me and 2 have pretty much been picked clean. I do wonder if they have been hit by scalpers picking them up and off to CEX.

I posted this in AtF but I thought I'd post it here as well in the hope that I get some replies - can anyone recommend and second dock for the Switch? I'm aware it's a question it's probably been asked before, multiple times...

31 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I posted this in AtF but I thought I'd post it here as well in the hope that I get some replies - can anyone recommend and second dock for the Switch? I'm aware it's a question it's probably been asked before, multiple times...

I’ve taken a punt on the Genki Covert dock, but I won’t get it until Feb. It sounds like a great solution in theory, hopefully it’ll live up to expectations. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/humanthings/genki-covert-dock

1 minute ago, Benny said:

Weren't third party docks bricking systems?

That's what I'd heard but I didn't know if there were any new non-bricking ones available. The official one is about £100 - I'm not paying that much. I want one to connect to the TV in my living room so that if I want to dock the Switch downstairs I don't have to bring all the cables and guff from behind the back of the TV upstairs. It's just for convenience, really.

I bought a new second dock off ebay for £38 and it works fine, it was a pikachu and eevee one too which made it a little bit more different. 

• Upvote 1

The bricking mainly happens when folks are not using an official power supply - whatever you do, use an *official* power supply.

That said, and using an official supply, I have both of the below and have used them multiple times without issue:

innoAura USB C Hub Multiport Adapter, 5-IN-1 Type C Hub with 4K USB C to HDMI, Ethernet Port, USB-C Power Delivery, 2 USB 3.0 Ports for Nintendo Switch

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F436JT6/

DMI Adapter for Nintendo Switch, 1080P USB C HDMI Converter Type C Hub Adapter for Nintendo Switch 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HC3YVHV/

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, rgraves said:

The bricking mainly happens when folks are not using an official power supply - whatever you do, use an *official* power supply.

That said, and using an official supply, I have both of the below and have used them multiple times without issue:

innoAura USB C Hub Multiport Adapter, 5-IN-1 Type C Hub with 4K USB C to HDMI, Ethernet Port, USB-C Power Delivery, 2 USB 3.0 Ports for Nintendo Switch

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F436JT6/

DMI Adapter for Nintendo Switch, 1080P USB C HDMI Converter Type C Hub Adapter for Nintendo Switch 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HC3YVHV/

Thanks for this - I'll look into it and decide whether it's worth it or not.

Not sure if its any cheaper, and it's still a little inconvenient, but just but a charger and HDMI for downstairs. That way, you only have to move the dock. Dont have to faff about with pulling out the wires out of the back of the TV, or plug socket.

• Upvote 3

So uh, forgot to go yesterday, went back today. Picked up display cases for Mario Odyssey and Party and went to customer services...

Spoiler

C6127647-E8BE-41AE-8193-99C208E0DA5F.thumb.jpeg.6a505d3e8737e7031d02d5c3e4199b88.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1