Nintendo Switch

deKay

22 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

The switch is region free but your account will be set to an eshop store. Best thing to do to access other countries stores is to create a new account just for that store and then use that to make your purchases. If you change the store your main account loses you lose all money held within it (but not games).

I also had trouble changing back from USA region as I had 1 cent balance on there.

Had to contact customer services and pretend I was travelling a lot. :ph34r:

My fave Pinball FX3 table is now Attack From Mars. At first I thought it was too fast but I've settled in nicely now. It's quite a simple table as well which suits me better. It's easy to get launch skillshots and super easy to trigger multiballs. I love it when all my balls are flying around at once (matron)

My scores have been improving. Yesterday I was over 10k in the world. Today

EPDFVS6VAAAdm9r?format=jpg&name=large

2 hours ago, Parappa said:

Hey all - have any of you any experience of having your Nintendo account hacked and having 160 quids worth of sodding Fortnite vbucks taken from your account? :angry:

Is it your Nintendo account, or your Epic account that has been hacked?

3 hours ago, rgraves said:

Is it your Nintendo account, or your Epic account that has been hacked?

Hmm good question - well the charges have come from Nintendo on my bank statement so I assume Nintendo.  Which had my PayPal account attached to it. 

I have reported to Nintendo who have now escalated it and Paypal have also raised a dispute with Nintendo so hopefully I can get this sorted.  I mentioned it at work and it has happened to other people as well so maybe worth a reminder to put 2FA on your Nintendo accounts! 

23 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Yeah, I contacted amazon and hopefully it causes them to readjust their prices of Bravo when it’s out and Alpha, which would mean I get the difference refunded. 

I can see why it’s rrp is £55. It’s a nice package with the art cards and triple CD soundtrack album. For £40 it’s a must have for any Switch owning shmup fans. 

55 minutes ago, milko said:

buy credit for less elsewhere (eg cdkeys.com), you can usually save a couple of quid. Not sure it’s often “much cheaper” but ymmv. 

yes but he means when using a credit card, when for some reason it offers you the chance to pay the required amount or a selection of other higher amounts.

2 hours ago, milko said:

buy credit for less elsewhere (eg cdkeys.com), you can usually save a couple of quid. Not sure it’s often “much cheaper” but ymmv. 

I usually buy £25 for £20 or £50 for £40-42, so yeah, it’s almost 20% most of the time.

Trick is to buy when it’s cheap not when you need it.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

yes but he means when using a credit card, when for some reason it offers you the chance to pay the required amount or a selection of other higher amounts.

aha. Well that’s a different thing and yeah I don’t know why you’d do that, indeed. 

26 minutes ago, Alshie said:

Has there been any word of a stand alone western Strikers 1945 III release?

It is on the collection but I already have every other game on it so struggling to justify a purchase even with the extras. 

I've just read that it's on the Japanese eShop for ¥1200, I believe. I'd expect it to come to the EU eShop given that everything else has but not heard anything. I'm in a similar boat to you. I also like rather than love Psikyo stuff so I'm not desperate to play it, but at the same time, it's often cited as their best game so I feel like I ought to try it out and complete the collection. 

I'm doing pretty well though with my moderation so I'll wait. 

I upgraded from a Switch Lite to a Switch Heavy yesterday and I'm surprised at how much better the buttons on the Lite feel compared to the big brother's flimsy clicky things. I'm also (more pleasantly) surprised at how good it looks upscaled on my (fairly low end) 4k TV; even the Witcher looks good which I wasn't expecting after all the Digital Foundry videos I watch. I've got a SN30pro pad coming today so I'll finally get back into Astral Chain! Lovely lovely videogamey things.

Why the SN30 Pro? What’s the difference between that and the SF30 Pro?

I don’t fancy the Nintendo Pro controller really; would prefer something I can use with other systems as well, in a pinch. Having said that, some longer term comfort for Zelda would be good, though weirdly I’m playing it lying on the sofa hand held right now rather than plugging it into the TV.