Nintendo Switch

deKay

13 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Has anyone got the user manual for one of the Pro Controller for N-Switch fakes? Want to try and pair it with my Android but can't remember the button combo to switch the modes. 

I think "Spawnwave" did a video on it on YT mate, if not Wolfden did .

11 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

I think "Spawnwave" did a video on it on YT mate, if not Wolfden did .

I remember them reviewing it for the Switch. Don't remember them doing the Android stuff, will check em out again though, thanks. 

9 hours ago, sharak said:

Why the SN30 Pro? What’s the difference between that and the SF30 Pro?

I don’t fancy the Nintendo Pro controller really; would prefer something I can use with other systems as well, in a pinch. Having said that, some longer term comfort for Zelda would be good, though weirdly I’m playing it lying on the sofa hand held right now rather than plugging it into the TV.

Oh, sorry, it's the SN30 pro+ I've got and it looks like this:

1042853629_sn30pro.jpg.32075e93c7fae9949a2e922c56e0f89a.jpg

So far it's very comfy. :)

1 hour ago, Chooch said:

How do you know when these places are doing it cheap, just checking all time? 

Usually tipped off here or Twitter. I follow savygamer and postabargain and the like.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Postabargain don't exist any more. Dude couldn't keep it going and do a full time job :(

I hadn't realised, although now you say it I don't remember a post for a while.

Anyone else get Bury Me My Love when it was cheap recently? Or at any other time?

Oh boy is it grim. Amazing, eye opening story though - you're a man helping, over text messages, his Syrian wife flee to Europe. She shit she has to go through - abuse, lack of food, lack of shelter, racism, almost being blown up or shot (or possibly actually if you choose different routes than me).

Imagine 80 Days only set in the real world and it not being a happy jolly wheeze.

Goodness gracious; the emulation quality of those Sega Ages games on the Switch is out of this world. It's almost like playing on a CRT telly. Really impressed. Best emulation I've seen so far. Apart from those on the 3DS - the 3D effect really was the icing on the cake there.

They need to bring the whole of Sega's arcade back catalogue on there :p

Just watched a review of The Touryst and it looks absolutely delightful. Right up my street. 

Also, excellent news, Knights & Bikes is coming to Switch! My daughter loved the first book, the second is waiting to be read. The graphic style looks ace, and it will be a fun 2-player experience too. 

On 23/01/2020 at 21:28, hub2 said:

OK. I only ask because, I go to My Nintendo and it has my region as United States and I cannot change it.

If I can just change the store to UK, and add a UK CC then I'll not sweat it.

For the 3 people who might be vaguely interested or affected in future, I did have to contact Nintendo support in the end to change the store region on my account.

After a brief two minute chat chat over IM,  the agent asked a few details and said he needed to contact another team to change the region, 15 minutes later it was done.

Now to get spending! First thing first is to get a Nintendo Online account so I can show my son Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island!

1 hour ago, hobo said:

This is coming out Friday on Switch:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/not-tonight-take-back-control-edition-switch/

p.s. I made it, its like a nightlife Papers Please but Somerset.

Still hoping No More Robots come through for a review copy. Been waiting for this for what feels like ages now. (on Switch),

It looks fantastic!

PM me your email and I’ll get you one. 

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Still hoping No More Robots come through for a review copy. Been waiting for this for what feels like ages now. (on Switch),

It looks fantastic!

I wish Nintendo would hurry up and make a Switch run at higher resolutions. I don't need the thing to be ultra powerful, just powerful enough to have the exact same graphics, just running natively on my TV. 

I've become the designated custodian of my brother's Switch, and seeing something as genuinely beautiful as Zelda in slightly blurry form on my monitor is a little upsetting. 

Especially as running it in handheld looks so much crisper, but has the unfortunate effect of ruining my eyes.

11 hours ago, JoeK said:

I wish Nintendo would hurry up and make a Switch run at higher resolutions. I don't need the thing to be ultra powerful, just powerful enough to have the exact same graphics, just running natively on my TV. 

I've become the designated custodian of my brother's Switch, and seeing something as genuinely beautiful as Zelda in slightly blurry form on my monitor is a little upsetting. 

Especially as running it in handheld looks so much crisper, but has the unfortunate effect of ruining my eyes.

Yeah as Dekay says, it shouldn’t be going blurrier. 

Mine looks great on the TV.

5 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah as Dekay says, it shouldn’t be going blurrier. 

Mine looks great on the TV.

It may well be that it's because I was using my PC monitor perhaps. I'll hook it up to my TV later on and see if that does the job :)

2 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is out today, apparently. Although it's not showing in the UK store yet. 

Edit: And up! £16.99. 

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Thronebreaker-The-Witcher-Tales-1712187.html

oh FFS! I'm baws deep in The Witcher 3 just now... probably about 100 hours in and still just cuttin aboot Skellige.... the last thing I want (first thing!) is some more Witcher greatness on my switch.

OH VALLEY OF PLENTY

Ah, well that works much better on a TV :p . I've yet to upgrade my screen to anything other than 1080p, so it looks perfectly fine :D. 

Now just to find some time to get to grips with it...I'm already having issues with the way B and A buttons are the other way around from every other controllers I've been using for years. It's been a while since I've used a Nintendo pad :p 

5 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is out today, apparently. Although it's not showing in the UK store yet. 

Edit: And up! £16.99. 

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Thronebreaker-The-Witcher-Tales-1712187.html

Gah, I got it on PS4 a while ago, but didn't get too far. Double-dip time. (Perfect switch games etc., etc.)