Nintendo Switch

deKay

1 hour ago, Flub said:

Nice. That means I can hopefully get one of the new Animal Crossing models if they actually release them over here

LOOK AT IT!

Damn those Nintendo peeps...

I don’t even really like the joy cons and yet I want those ones. 

9 minutes ago, sharak said:

I don't know why a "Switch Pro"  is even being discussed, in all honesty. Have they ever made a "Pro" before? I know XBOX and PS have done so, but I'm not sure I like the idea anyway. 

They made the New 3DS, which was more powerful than the existing one. But apart from that I don't think they have. 

11 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

They made the New 3DS, which was more powerful than the existing one. But apart from that I don't think they have. 

The DSi was a new platform too, but hardly anyone used the (region locked) features. 

You could also argue the Game Boy Colour sort of fits the bill. The RAM expansion for the N64 sort of created an N64 Pro platform too. 

5 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

Any Switch Pro would presumably follow this plan. Upgrading the current machine without changing its USP.

The extra power in the New 3ds was almost completely unused though sadly. It's always going to be a problem devving for something most of the user base won't have. There's not enough return in it.

This was probably known ages ago but it's exciting to me - The Witcher: Throne breaker is coming to Switch. 

This is another game by CD Project Red that largely went under the radar on PC. It's a top down RPG with card battling mechanics from Gwent, but with the added bonus of a well written story. It's worth a go!

5 minutes ago, PeteJ said:

This was probably known ages ago but it's exiting to me - The Witcher: Throne breaker is coming to Switch. 

This is another game by CD Project Red that largely went under the radar on PC. It's a top down RPG with card battling mechanics from Gwent, but with the added bonus of a well written story. It's worth a go!

It's out already. Came out on Monday. 

1 hour ago, PeteJ said:

This was probably known ages ago but it's exiting to me - The Witcher: Throne breaker is coming to Switch. 

I'll be all over this - once I'm ready to play something other than the Witcher 3.  It's all I've played since I got it 2 months ago.

9 hours ago, spork said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078RZQJ8D/

Picked one of these up after someone posted about it in here and it works like a charm!

Wasn't there something about making sure you used an official Switch power supply with third party docks - OK to recharge with non-Ninty supplies, but don't play with them.

Ah, wait, Gloomy Andy knew that.

9 hours ago, spork said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078RZQJ8D/

Picked one of these up after someone posted about it in here and it works like a charm!

How do you use one of these though?

Do you have an extra stand?

How does the switch stay cool lying flat on a table using the extra grunt of TV mode?

Does the main dock have any additional cooling in it?

I've seen that CEX sell the official solution for £75 second hand. 

You're up to about £50 even with an unofficial dock and official PSU. 

I have one of those and it works fine, although not as good as the proper dock:

Cooling could be an issue

You have to power everything on in the right order otherwise you get nothing displaying on the screen. 

I use mine when I'm staying in hotels, less to carry around. 

God that AC Switch looks so nice. There’s also a load of different cases, freebies and the like up for pre-order with the game. 

Currently trying to explain to the wife how we need two copies of the game, one for me, one for my daughter, and that it will cost £100. I also told her it’s not up for debate. She wasn’t impressed. 

When I showed her that new AC Edition Switch never before have I seen an eyebrow raised higher, she makes Sir Roger Moore look like an amateur.