rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

7 minutes ago, Nequests said:

You might've. The terms say they might not contact winners for around ten days.

One day I shall read the small print to something, just once.

Looks as though we're going to get a couple of Switch Lites for the kids at Christmas, in addition to our regular Switch that they often fight over. Nintendo's website confirms that as I've got a family online subscription, they'll all be able to use the online services on their own devices as well as the main one. All our games (apart from free ones) are on cartridge so there shouldn't be any issues with the whole Primary/Secondary device stuff, right?

If we do buy any digital games, and have one device as primary and another as secondary, can two people play the same game at the same time?

Paid DLC will belong to the main account - like extra fighters in Smash and so on.

As far as I know you’ll only be able to play one copy of the digital game at a time.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

If we do buy any digital games, and have one device as primary and another as secondary, can two people play the same game at the same time?

No.

I gave Dauntless a go. 15 minutes was enough. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned its visual similarity to Fortnite (which also got about 15 minutes out of me) and I was surprised that it not only looks similar but plays like a free-to-play shooter with a Monster Hunter-esque melee mod installed. Daily XP pick ups, real money stores, random players running glitchily about. Horrible. Don't think Capcom has anything to worry about.

• Downvote 1

Watching the indie thing from yesterday. Do you think the makers of Gleamlight have played Hollow Knight?

I mean, I've heard of being influenced but fuck me, this is downright theft.

I did like the look of Supermash though. Has potential.

11 hours ago, bradigor said:

The issue I had with Gleamlight was the main character was from an existing franchise. 

Reveal hidden contents

orko.thumb.jpg.95903e9c9299562f397f21e806fae74c.jpg

Don't you mean

Spoiler

afbeelding.png.6c15b3f401b73f09fff5277f075511cf.png

Copied from the free Switch game thread:

Bury Me, My Love is free as well if you've bought one of the following games:

Splasher,

Yono and Celestial Elephants,

Bomberslinger,

Steredenn: Binary Stars,

Transcripted,

Neurovoider,

Journey to the Unexpected,

Dungeon Rushers,

Pankapu,

The Next Penelope,

BAFL - Breaks are for Losers,

Knights of Pen and Paper + 1 Deluxier Edition,

White Night,

Burly Men at Sea,

Hover,

Kill the Bad Guy,

Super Rocket Shootout,

DragoDino,

Old School Musical,

Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story,

Shape of the World,

A Normal Lost Phone,

Lost in Hamony,

My Farm,

Momonga Pinball Adventures,

Knight of Pen & Paper 2 Deluxiest Edition,

Lost Phone Stories,

Zombie Night Terror,

The Last Door - Complete Edition,

Knight of Pen and Paper Bundle,

My Exotic Farm 2018,

My Arctic Farm 2018,

My Jurassic Farm 2018,

Anarcute,

PictoQuest,

Instant Sports,

Dead in Vinland - True Viking edition,

Chroma Squad,

Lethis - Path of Progress,

Old School RPG Bundle.

I know a few people here bought Pictoquest, so they should be able to claim it. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

I know a few people here bought Pictoquest, so they should be able to claim it. 

Everyone should already have Transcripted too, as that was free a while back.

Is it possible to use Wii controllers with the Switch? I have a Mayflash USB stick that lets me connect PS/XB/Wii-U controllers. I quite fancy using my Tatsunoko stick with some arcade games. 

5 minutes ago, Nequests said:

I imagine it'll work with 8bitdo's GBros thingy, but couldn't find a definitive answer online.

It definitely does work. I've used that exact stick with the gbros adapter. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, mdn2 said:

New Bravely Default. No, it's not Bravely Second, it's Bravely Default 2. No, I don't get it either. 

Deliberately confusing names are 2020’s big thing.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Nequests said:

I imagine it'll work with 8bitdo's GBros thingy, but couldn't find a definitive answer online.

18 hours ago, joffocakes said:

It definitely does work. I've used that exact stick with the gbros adapter. 

Thanks. Have put up a wanted ad in case anybody has a spare. 

Sacrilege I know, but does anyone have experiences of, or recommendations for any of the cheap knock off alternatives to the pro controller? £52 is a bit much at this time of year (2 kids and one whose birthday is a few days before Xmas!) but my original joycons are hopeless Bluetooth-wise, and I’d like to be able to sit back on the sofa and play Luigis Mansion on the big telly. 

Otherwise I’ll try and find a second hand pro controller on eBay that doesn’t stray too high.  

2 minutes ago, Twinbee said:

Sacrilege I know, but does anyone have experiences of, or recommendations for any of the cheap knock off alternatives to the pro controller? £52 is a bit much at this time of year (2 kids and one whose birthday is a few days before Xmas!) but my original joycons are hopeless Bluetooth-wise, and I’d like to be able to sit back on the sofa and play Luigis Mansion on the big telly. 

Otherwise I’ll try and find a second hand pro controller on eBay that doesn’t stray too high.  

Lots of people through the thread have bought them and found them to be fine for the money.

I'm looking to get some more controller in the new year as we are getting Mario Party soon.

As they won't be used too offer I wonder if I would be better getting 2 of those AliExpress ones instead of a single set of official joycons.

35 minutes ago, Gloomy Andy said:

What's the best way to order from AliExpress?

I've always thought it was a dodgy Chinese rip off site. 

I know, so old and out of touch with the modern internet. 

Same as the rest of the Internet, sign up and always pay with a credit card.

I’ve ordered plenty and have much, much less trouble from AliExpress than eBay. Just be patient as everything takes an age to arrive!

I think when you pay, the money temporarily goes to AliExpress and isn’t released to the seller until it arrives and you say it’s arrived (or 45 days passes) which helps in stuff getting sorted.

The 1 issue I had was with an 8bitdo controller which the description said worked with Switch and it doesn’t. I ended up with a partial refund of >50% of the cost rather than returning, basically due to postage