rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

42 minutes ago, Zio said:

This isn't to do with them switching over from the original Minecraft: Switch Edition over to the newer multi-platform release, is it?

It has always being a bit slow loading but the last update seems to have knacked it a bit. As dekay mentioned, if you have your Microsoft account attached it seems to make it a bit smoother for some reason.

Has anyone got Football Manager? I am tempted with it but have heard the controls are a real grind. 

19 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Has anyone got Football Manager? I am tempted with it but have heard the controls are a real grind. 

They take a while to get used to, but after a while it feels fine. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kieran said:

Controls aren't a problem. Playing handheld you can use a mix of joycon and touchscreen. I'm still playing FM2018. It's a great game. 

• Upvote 1

Ok. So I bought one today, treated myself with Christmas bonus money. 

bought Zelda and Mario kart, and Assassins Creed as it was on offer in GameStop. 

Don’t know if I should get the hard copy of sonic mania or just download it. Thoughts? (I have it on PS4). 

just bought metal slug 3. Realised I missed my NGPC

I’m in Germany but selected the U.K. store. Once I start buying shit can I have a Japanese store account etc or is it not worth it?

loving it so far, mind you. Can’t find the message where someone wrote the must have games...

• Upvote 2

Welcome to the party! Yes you can access  the Japanese store account by either changing your My Nintendo account region to Japan or creating a new one. You’ll need either a Japanese credit card or Japanese eShop credits bought from a website. I haven’t found a reason to go on there except to but Virtua Racing as there was a long delay before it hit the U.K. but games bought from japan usually have an English language option (you can see this on the game’s page first).

As for Sonic you should ask if you value not having to change cart or ability to sell on later. 

4 hours ago, sharak said:

Ok. So I bought one today, treated myself with Christmas bonus money. 

bought Zelda and Mario kart, and Assassins Creed as it was on offer in GameStop. 

Don’t know if I should get the hard copy of sonic mania or just download it. Thoughts? (I have it on PS4). 

just bought metal slug 3. Realised I missed my NGPC

I’m in Germany but selected the U.K. store. Once I start buying shit can I have a Japanese store account etc or is it not worth it?

loving it so far, mind you. Can’t find the message where someone wrote the must have games...

To quote Alan Partridge

"ohhhhh....you're going to have a good time!"

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Popo said:

Welcome to the party! Yes you can access  the Japanese store account by either changing your My Nintendo account region to Japan or creating a new one. You’ll need either a Japanese credit card or Japanese eShop credits bought from a website. I haven’t found a reason to go on there except to but Virtua Racing as there was a long delay before it hit the U.K. but games bought from japan usually have an English language option (you can see this on the game’s page first).

As for Sonic you should ask if you value not having to change cart or ability to sell on later. 

Also note that if you have credit when you change regions, it’s gone.  

13 hours ago, sharak said:

I bought the physical copy of Sonic Mania Plus because I wanted the artwork book and reversible cover, but typically I get stuff off digital download.

50 minutes ago, watusi said:

So then. Thought on snooker 19 and grandia HD? Tempted by them both whilst they are on sale. 

I was enjoying Grandia for about 30 hours until I got to a boss I couldn't beat but as a game it seemed fine, prividing you can live with the blurry filter.

I keep hearing the sequel is a buggy mess but that's the internet who told me that and you know what they're like.

I loved both Grandia and Grandia 2, though the first is probably better. Don't recall 2 being much of a mess but maybe the conversion is crap.

Is this the one where the German translation was so bad that when one of your attacks didn't hit the target, it said FRAULEIN?

[edit] yes: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/08/random_amazingly_grandia_hds_translation_gaffe_is_only_the_second_funniest_german_localisation_mistake

I played and enjoyed Grandia 2 on Dreamcast many years ago, not sure I have the time to dedicate to it alongside Dragon Quest 11 (which is my GOTY by a mile) so it'll be to wait a while. I'm hoping there aren't many bugs in the Switch version.

Grandia 2 has been patched since, apparently. I've played and completed Grandia 1 and had no issues, not started 2 yet. 

I played Grandia 2 through on PC a few years back and absolutely loved it....never played 1 and the somewhat magic graphics are putting me off that.

On 23/12/2019 at 12:25, Kryptonian said:

It has always being a bit slow loading but the last update seems to have knacked it a bit. As dekay mentioned, if you have your Microsoft account attached it seems to make it a bit smoother for some reason.

Sorry with more questions, but do me and my daughter both need Microsoft accounts to play multiplayer on separate Switch's, locally? 

22 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Sorry with more questions, but do me and my daughter both need Microsoft accounts to play multiplayer on separate Switch's, locally? 

I don’t know, sorry - we have them as we play on the Xbox as well and so chop and change

No worries, for now I’ve just bought and downloaded the game on her Switch, set up her profile etc. It’s all wrapped now and under the tree along with Pokemon, her first ever console, I’m so excited! 

• Upvote 2

You were right @deKay Minecraft is currently Mineshafted, can’t even create a world - I’ll try later using a Microsoft account, tried before but it requires an email address which, obviously, my 6 year old doesn’t have :rolleyes: Ah well, she’s enjoying Pokemon.

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

You were right @deKay Minecraft is currently Mineshafted, can’t even create a world - I’ll try later using a Microsoft account, tried before but it requires an email address which, obviously, my 6 year old doesn’t have :rolleyes: Ah well, she’s enjoying Pokemon.

My son created a world this morning - new Switch, cartridge Minecraft, linked to his MS account (he has an account on the Xbox already) and had no issues so it could be worth doing that. Both my kids have email addresses though as we set them up when they were born to email pictures etc to them

12 minutes ago, deKay said:

Weegi 3

Where the Mario characters take a trip through Glasgow’s dark underbelly. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

My son created a world this morning - new Switch, cartridge Minecraft, linked to his MS account (he has an account on the Xbox already) and had no issues so it could be worth doing that. Both my kids have email addresses though as we set them up when they were born to email pictures etc to them

Thanks I just need to set up an email then and we’ll be away.

1 hour ago, Robo_1 said:

So, I'm in the club:

IMG_20191225_110118866.jpg

Downloaded My Friend Pedro and my daughter is currently being delighted by Kirby. Can never beat Christmas mornings with a new console. Hope everyone is having a good one. :)

Oh man you’ve got some nice games there, just got hold of Astral Chain myself, it looks stunning.

• Upvote 2

I've read quite a bit about Witcher 3, is playing the prequels a requirement?

I've not played them and obviously they aren't available on the Switch.

So I’m a new inductee into the switch world - we got Pokemon shield, Mario odyssey and Zelda Links awakening. 
 I also nabbed Tetris 99 and Golf Story from the store. 

What other recommendations do we have for someone that’s got a wii u already?