rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Been playing Azure Striker Gunvolt again and it’s bloody great. A better fit for the 3DS I think, but still excellent and so rewarding when you nail the bosses.

Daughter loves the guy who shouts LAZY LASER! Which comes out as RAZY RAZER of course.

I have to say, from first glance on a mobile screen I thought somebody had modified an egg box.

• Upvote 7

Can anyone remind me of the name of that turn based game mentioned recently that people said was like 3DS Ghost Recon? 

On 16/01/2020 at 15:30, deKay said:

West of Loathing is £5.40 now. It is an excellent game and needs purchasing by everyone.

Thanks for this. Been waiting for a sale and got it for 20p after using gold coins. 

Heard really good things. 

On 16/01/2020 at 17:53, deKay said:

I asked the same question a few pages back

What was the consensus?

5 minutes ago, Strafe said:

What was the consensus?

Good but short and people hadn’t played all the games included for various reasons.

• Upvote 1

On 17 January 2020 at 17:59, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Thanks for this. [West of Loathing] Been waiting for a sale and got it for 20p after using gold coins. 

Heard really good things. 

I've been really enjoying it - great sense of humour.

19 hours ago, deKay said:

I should be on fucking commission.

I left your commission in the spittoon. Seemed safe enough. Nobody would ever look in there...

12 hours ago, deKay said:

I should be on fucking commission.

I started a thread about it ages ago to try and get the game some more attention. :quote:

• Upvote 1

Had a couple of friends over last night and their kids, I set up the switch 4 controllers and Heave-Ho , after a quick period of learning how to control it all of them were literally crying laughing the whole night and begging their parents for one, they didn’t want to play anything else, just fully in love with that! 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, mdn2 said:

I started a thread about it ages ago to try and get the game some more attention. :quote:

It's been on my wishlist for ages so I bought it too. Only played an hour or so but I love it so far.

I feel asleep after about ten mins. Says more about my own exhaustion levels than the game so starting again tonight. Liked the little I saw of it.

3 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

Had a couple of friends over last night and their kids, I set up the switch 4 controllers and Heave-Ho , after a quick period of learning how to control it all of them were literally crying laughing the whole night and begging their parents for one, they didn’t want to play anything else, just fully in love with that! 

I had a similar experience with a few mates a couple of weeks ago. It is indeed hilarious. The funniest thing is waiting until the last person is in the cup and then farting them all out so they have to start again. Never gets old.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Well, I played a young *lass* setting off to find fame and fortune. Either that or is was one of Hanson, judging by the hair, but I think it was a lady because I'm called Annie.

Who apparently woke up last night after a nightmare where she was fleeing from a bag of sticks. My missus read that and asked "Who wrote this game - Reeves and Mortimer or Noel Fielding?"

Just remembered that when I first got my Switch, I used to play it in the bath all the time. Two hour baths playing Isaac or BotW. I was just too excited and wanted to play it everywhere all the time. Seems pretty absurd now. 

9 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Just remembered that when I first got my Switch, I used to play it in the bath all the time. Two hour baths playing Isaac or BotW. I was just too excited and wanted to play it everywhere all the time. Seems pretty absurd now. 

Love playing my switch in the bath. It's up their with a good book. So relaxing. Life's too short to not take some risks

• Upvote 1