rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

I think I'd be the opposite. For me it'll be connected to the TV the majority of the time. 

I wouldn’t bother with the screen protector in that case. Also high five for the official memory card.

I’m the only weirdo who thinks Joy-Cons are the thing, aren’t I? Possibly my favourite controllers of all time. 

• Upvote 7

Is there any cheap way of connecting the Switch to a tv using a USB-C to HDMI adapter and still somehow connect my 8bitdo adapter for DS4? Don't want to buy another dock for the living room.

• Empathy 1

Animal Crossing aside, it’s looking a bit empty. Mostly Just conversions, indie games and expansion passes.

I think the February 6th Nintendo direct - that hasn’t been announced yet but I feel it - will yield some goodies.

Yes even a lot of stuff we do know about such as Panzer Dragoon and Doom Eternal still have no date. To be honest I don’t mind - we know from past experience that Nintendo just like to announce things as and when, that said I’m hoping for some sort of a Metroid game this year, and BoTW2 would be amazing. If that comes out for Christmas I couldn’t care less about PS5 or Series X. 

Pretty excited about Panzer and Xenoblade as well tbh. 

I'm not hugely into Minecraft but Minecraft Dungeons looks interesting. My kids will go nuts for it too.

"looks a bit empty"

Then posts a pretty long list of stuff that I'll have to buy. :coffee:

But yeah, it's Nintendo, if you haven't learnt by now they like to keep stuff close to their chest before dropping them in random Directs, you'll never learn.

• Upvote 1

I broke my flipgrip out of lockup tonight and played some pinball. I own quite a few Pinball FX 3 tables (Even though most of them are pretty poor) and I'm slowly figuring out which ones I like best. Then I checked and found out Demon's Tilt worked with the flipgrip and got that. It's a very nice pinballs that is even though I have no idea what's going on.

I'll probably end up getting the Star Wars set when I get paid. It's a shame the page I was using to check flipgrip supported games hasn't been updated in ages.

Is it possible to quit out of a SNES or NES game to the game selection or do you have to quit out of the whole thing and reload it? 

3 hours ago, Avuncular said:

Is it possible to quit out of a SNES or NES game to the game selection or do you have to quit out of the whole thing and reload it? 

ZL + ZR brings up the menu where you can select to go back to the game list. 

• Upvote 2

Is it just me or do the SNES and NES apps check in online now and again even if it's the primary switch?

7 minutes ago, grungekid said:

Is it just me or do the SNES and NES apps check in online now and again even if it's the primary switch?

I assumed it was for them to check that your online subscription is still valid and hasn't expired. So people don't signed up, download the NES and SNES games and then un-subscribe, but keeping the games.

12 hours ago, Flub said:

It's a shame the page I was using to check flipgrip supported games hasn't been updated in ages.

Same here. I’ve been wondering about setting something up. I’ll see if I have time today. Just a basic page with a list would be good initially - the one on retronauts has not been updated since near launch

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Alshie said:

Same here. I’ve been wondering about setting something up. I’ll see if I have time today. Just a basic page with a list would be good initially - the one on retronauts has not been updated since near launch

That would be great. There's certainly still stuff coming out with tate support and as far as I'm aware most of it works the right way round for the flipgrip.

Does anyone know anyone (or anyone on here!) who makes custom joycons?

Not just pre set designs like those SNES ones but takes commissions. Doylescustoms on insta I know about but he may have his hands full right now, sadly.

23 hours ago, Yasawas said:

I’m the only weirdo who thinks Joy-Cons are the thing, aren’t I? Possibly my favourite controllers of all time. 

Yasawas yesterday.

download.jpg.7955aa6b9759fa4300596cf8c40cd6c0.jpg

On 20/01/2020 at 15:05, Yasawas said:

It’s like cameras on phones. The best camera is the one you always have with you.

So, yes.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, deKay said:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.ada34a39d70f1db027f426c03158f7f5.jpg

As an aside he's back on Amazon Prime on Friday night too.... :D 

• Upvote 2

On another note entirely, I've been playing and absolutely loving Divinity 2 after restarting. I'd made such a balls up of my party, skills, basically the entire thing that it wasn't worth the effort respeccing etc. and it's made all the difference.

I've got Pillars of Eternity (dropped until it's patched - if it ever happens), Planescape and Baldur's Gate 1&2 to get into eventually - am I missing any other quality examples of the genre?

• Upvote 1

I bought Resident Evil 4 the other day, I was apprehensive as I thought the controls might be dated and/or crap but it's been fine so far. I have an issue with the Switch sticks in general as I find them a bit sensitive when compared to the Xbox but I've been pleasantly surprised. I don't think I've played it properly since the GCN or Wii so I'm hopefully in for a treat.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kryptonian said:

I don't think I've played it properly since the GCN or Wii so I'm hopefully in for a treat.

‘Hopefully’????

If you have any doubt I’m making an official request that you delete it immediately - it’s for believers only....