rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

3 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

‘Hopefully’????

If you have any doubt I’m making an official request that you delete it immediately - it’s for believers only....

Luckily it’s really good so far!

My Switch Lite appears to have died, four months old. Well, it's not completely dead as it's still making sounds and I can hear myself moving around the menus, but the screen will not come on at all. I've tried the various reset methods, and nothing, so I've filed a repair request with Nintendo UK.

• Empathy 1

1 hour ago, retroed said:

My Switch Lite appears to have died, four months old. Well, it's not completely dead as it's still making sounds and I can hear myself moving around the menus, but the screen will not come on at all. I've tried the various reset methods, and nothing, so I've filed a repair request with Nintendo UK.

Did you have any warning this was going to happen or did you just turn it on and the screen refused?

I’m back into BoTW and finding it rather enjoyable... but have just got to my “first” (alas) motion control shrine puzzle and tried completing it in bed five times last night and it was so frustrating. GF couldn’t do it either (worse than me but likes motion controls). 

I really dislike motion controls in games, I find them to be a huge gimmick. This is ruining (pun intended) BoTW for me but apparently it’s easier to remove the joy cons so I’ll do that later today. 

So I went off to find the blue flame in the furnace in the village, but couldn’t find that either. This is generally why I don’t like games like this, and prefer arcade games. My girlfriend wonders how I can play shmups over and over to try and get better scores and dodge more bullets, or play hours of NHL on the PS, but it’s because I don’t have to spend hours talking to people in a village trying to find something no doubt obvious. 

Flip grip arrived so I’ll try that out today as well. 

i still think BoTW is great but I’m still struggling with the general controls in fights and find the camera very clunky. Now I’ve slept I’ll return to it with a fresh outlook :)

• Upvote 1

I was trying that puzzle myself last night. Gave up after about 10 attempts but I put it down to the fact I was so tired. 

There's a really simple solution to it:

Spoiler

Turn the board upside down and roll it across the flat surface.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Just got it a moment ago

Spoiler

I ended up just rotating the whole platform so that when the ball dropped there was just one move to get it across to the other area. 

I've been playing a lot of Pinball with the flipgrip on my lunch breaks at work. Devil's Tilt is really good fun and I have a lot of tables in Pinball FX3 (And also the Star Wars release). The surprising thing is how well the HD Rumble works in Pinball FX games. It's remarkably realistic feeling.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, friedgold said:

I've got Pillars of Eternity (dropped until it's patched - if it ever happens)

I think the main issues have been patched out already. The inventory icon corruption was the most annoying one for me, and that's apparently sorted.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/113133-patch-notes-for-26500-for-the-nintendo-switch/

In Patch 2.65.00, you will find the following changes:

Top Community Issues:
  • Grey screen visual corruption of the game. It should also repair the issue for the players that have already experienced this issue, not just for the new players.
  • Graphic corruption (HUD, UI) as related issue of grey screen.
  • Improved stability.

General Fixes:

• Pathfinding in some areas was improved.
  • Icon corruption in inventory was fixed.
  • Game now generates autosave before loading screen.
  • Will-O'-Wisp in the Temple of Eothas flickering during the pause.
  • VFX that shows the outline of nearby objects.
  • Long tooltips in Cyclopedia were not scaled properly.
  • Stuck weapons under the feet after taking items from fallen companion.

Spells/Skills and Items Fixes:

• Hatchets did not apply deflection bonus.
  • Weapon and Shield style did not apply bonus deflection or reflex bonuses.
  • Modal effects did not apply their bonuses.
  • Bonuses from in-game effects were not applied.
  • Fine/Exceptional/Superb enchants did not apply their bonuses.
  • "Afflictions" status effects were not applied.
  • Missile and Dart traps in Galvino's Workshop behavior was fixed.

2 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

@sharak - was it the rolling the ball around one? I started the game a few weeks back and thought it was a terrible section.

Yeah it was. It just ruined (ho ho) the thought of getting another orb. I’ll get it done at lunch, with the joy cons separate. I really don’t like gyro controls though, never had.

2 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Hide contents

That’s difficult hand-held, in bed!

Also, dunno where the blue flame is but I will keep looking. I just dislike this time wasting aspect when things aren’t clear. But, that’s why RDR2 is sat with not much going on for months, even though it’s clearly brilliant. 

Aaalllso...where the fuck is my horse now?

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

UNLESS IT’S DEAD

Don't see him, and I am pretty sure he isn't dead.

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 15.43.52.png

EDIT: Well, that was much easier with the joycon disconnected. And, I accidentally found the blue furnace. Last night's rage seems to be less warranted, now.  Time to find horsey...

EO-XiDQUYAAszz-?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, sharak said:

Don't see him, and I am pretty sure he isn't dead.

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 15.43.52.png

He’s gone to live on a farm with all the other horses.

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Did you register him at a stable before parting with him? @sharak

:mellow:

EDIT: Found him!! :D

image.thumb.png.f86eabe26fd15fe25b7869606fe7e6f0.png

Now to register, I guess... but where is a stable? Also, I noticed a road to an equestrian village last night, but when i went there it was full of enemies.

Edit2: any tips on how to get more hearts because 3 just doesnt cut it.

• Upvote 3

There are stables dotted about the map in every region of the game. You must have seen some on your travels? They’ve got a big wooden horse head statue on their roof.

As for hearts, you can increase those (and your stamina gauge) by exchanging shrine orbs at any goddess statue you come across. Again, they’re dotted about the place and I believe every village has one.

Just looking at those screenshots, it really is a breathtaking beautiful game isnt it :wub:

• Upvote 2

Absolutely. It's amazing I can play this on a train or in bed, then on my 50" TV.

10 hours ago, sharak said:

Flip grip arrived so I’ll try that out today as well. 

DOWNWELL (that's all).

• Upvote 1

I'm booking out May (and probably most of June) for a replay of BotW to celebrate its three year (!) anniversary. Hopefully I've forgotten enough of it to enjoy it all over again.

• Empathy 1

Anyone else buy the Psikyo collection? I preordered it from Amazon and it was fulfilled today at the cost of £55!! Ouch! Surely it can’t be that price? I’d have thought £40 max 

9 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Anyone else buy the Psikyo collection? I preordered it from Amazon and it was fulfilled today at the cost of £55!! Ouch! Surely it can’t be that price? I’d have thought £40 max 

uh, how much was it when you preordered it?

I did the golf shrine last night. Behind the mummy thing there’s an extra hole to get a chest. 

@sharak you need to climb the nearby tower and unlock the map for that area. Then it’ll help you find stuff

• Upvote 1