rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

I remember getting a pair of BT headphones free with a PS3 game once. They were awful.

7 minutes ago, sharak said:

PS3 did.

image.png.9b591e6f18cf3fa0a8c683f8807a9b54.png

And, PS4 and Xbox do if you have "correct" headphones.

and it played older PlayStation games! :quote:

Mental. I wonder what changed so that now you need the wee dongle?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

and it played older PlayStation games! :quote:

Mental. I wonder what changed so that now you need the wee dongle?

For whatever reason, Sony locked things down a little more. Don't know why, but it transformed the extremely useful and impressive PS3 into the cumbersome PS4 one. The PS4 is great, but it's ridiculously limiting in quite a few ways. 

It's one thing I permitted from Sony entering the race, was their AV credentials. And now it's a mess as they lock it all down. Pisses me off. Topics for another thread, mind.

So wait, sorry for further off topic chat, is there a way for me to use bluetooth headphones on my PS4 even if they're not the dedicated "gamer" ones?

57 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

So wait, sorry for further off topic chat, is there a way for me to use bluetooth headphones on my PS4 even if they're not the dedicated "gamer" ones?

You need a dongle, because it's 2020 not 2006.

• Upvote 1

Ah okay. A USB thing that I plug into the PS4? My main controller doesn't have a headphone port so the 3.5mm adapter wouldnt work.

10 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Ah okay. A USB thing that I plug into the PS4? My main controller doesn't have a headphone port so the 3.5mm adapter wouldnt work.

This *might* work 

http://amzn.to/2O7l7Av

but I guarantee nothing!

• Upvote 1

Are there any good Bluetooth adapters for Switch? When I commute I have to get my Switch out of my bag, my glasses out, then my headphones. I look like a nerdy Mary Poppins (BIG BAG REFERENCE)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mugman said:

Are there any good Bluetooth adapters for Switch? When I commute I have to get my Switch out of my bag, my glasses out, then my headphones. I look like a nerdy Mary Poppins (BIG BAG REFERENCE)

This isn't cheap but looks the best. Bear in mind, Nintendo can simply release an update to enable this, if they pull their head out of their bottoms.

• Upvote 1

Just now, sharak said:

This isn't cheap but looks the best. Bear in mind, Nintendo can simply release an update to enable this, if they pull their head out of their bottoms.

Cheers, but it's a little rich for my blood. Plus the red and blue doesn't go brilliantly with my grey adults console for adults.

Just now, Mugman said:

Cheers, but it's a little rich for my blood. Plus the red and blue doesn't go brilliantly with my grey adults console for adults.

There's a grey-grey option :D

Yeah it's expensive but slim. Not sure what else to suggest tbh, other than tweet at Nintendo.

• Upvote 1

Can I just say I love how bad this image is. It looks like it was done in MS Word:

image.png.a83d3d9c0b6cf31afb5723420f41170f.png

• Upvote 4

Had an awesome evening filled with remasters of neo-retro games on my Switch.

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 and Code of Princess Ex are just so much fun.

Very tempted by the latter for a good while. What's it actually like, though? I can't figure out how it plays but I suspect it's not quite as it looks. 

37 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Very tempted by the latter for a good while. What's it actually like, though? I can't figure out how it plays but I suspect it's not quite as it looks. 

It's Guardian Heroes.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, deKay said:

It's Guardian Heroes.

Same character designer too! 

I played it lots on the 3ds,havent played it much on the switch. 

I like these game recommendations.

TBH I prefer 2D more than ever these days. 

1.8m in the week ending Nov 30th is the biggest peak sales in a week for any console in a decade. The only time since 2005 other consoles came close were in 2007/8/9 with the DS and Wii.

26 minutes ago, deKay said:

The Switch has now sold more units than the SNES did (52m vs 49m)

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/01/the_switch_has_overtaken_the_snes_in_lifetime_hardware_sales

EDIT: It sold 6m in the month leading up to Christmas alone.

It's going to pass the NES sooner rather than later, which is a pretty impressive achievement. I'm surprised it's not ahead of the SNES in software sales.

Animal Crossing is going to see a spike in 2nd and 3rd household Switches. I suspect my wife will need one and we've already got two in the house.

4 minutes ago, deKay said:

Animal Crossing is going to see a spike in 2nd and 3rd household Switches. I suspect my wife will need one and we've already got two in the house.

Have never played it - is it a life simulator of sorts? Know nothing about it, as can probably be guessed.

4 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

Anyone think it's got a shot at reaching the Wii's total?

Could do. It's half way there. It'll depend on whether the PS5/XboxoxoxxXSeriesX draw enough people away, and what Nintendo still have in their back pocket in terms of games.

Metroid will sell consoles, but how many?

BOTW2 will sell well, but surely anyone who would play that already has a Switch for the first game.

Same with another Pokemon - it'll sell, but Pokemon fans will mostly already have Switches.

6 minutes ago, sharak said:

I was one of those...

So were we. Daughter bought one for Pokemon.

Just now, deKay said:

So were we. Daughter bought one for Pokemon.

This will be the key to expanding that user base. Switch families adding extra Switches as children get older.

Is there really an untapped audience that Metroid Prime’s going to grab that didn’t already buy Switches for Zelda and Mario?

4 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Is there really an untapped audience that Metroid Prime’s going to grab that didn’t already buy Switches for Zelda and Mario?

Yeah, I think so.