Jump to content

Nintendo Switch


deKay
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

@Shimmyhill You can play on both machines, just not the same account simultaneously. Be aware that some game saves will not back up to the cloud such as Animal Crossing, Splatoon and the Pokémon games. You can manually transfer the save though. 


Cheers, the limitation being that on one console only I can play the games, not other users on that one can so one of them is pretty limited :( I’m just buying up the games the kids play on cart and will then make my new machine the primary console. 
 

Nintendo were pretty close, the game saves in the cloud has worked really well just the game sharing thats behind the other consoles/pc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought the Nindie Showcase was a bit...meh, to tell the truth. Lots of games that had the whiff of PS + fodder. I'm glad that Sky and Superliminal are both getting ports, however, but I can't say there was much else that particularly jumped out. I'm still waiting on some games that were announced in the last Indie direct before this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, similar from me. I wonder if current events have screwed the latest Nintendo direct proper so they put this out instead.

 

Or maybe I’m just disappointed because there’s nothing I want. Probably that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just waiting for the next proper direct where they announce the Ridge Racer Collection, Outrun 2 and Coast to Coast, Space Channel 5 Collection and show the BOTW Sequel. 

 

Then I wake up and it was all just a dream. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know has ben covered before but what's the current feeling on cheaper alternatives to the Pro controller.  Need a second wireless job for the kids.  Don't want to pay 50 notes, but don't want something that is always viewed as the crap one :-).

 

The Enhanced ones on Amazon seem OK but are only a tenner off the official job.  

Was looking at the 8bit do pro+ but thought the different stick layout might annoy.  NFC is no issue at all.

 

My main question is, once you set it to Switch, is that it, or do you need to do that every time or is it set to Switch or whatever, until you then change it to PC?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dr Nookie said:

I know has ben covered before but what's the current feeling on cheaper alternatives to the Pro controller.  Need a second wireless job for the kids.  Don't want to pay 50 notes, but don't want something that is always viewed as the crap one :-).

 

The Enhanced ones on Amazon seem OK but are only a tenner off the official job.  

Was looking at the 8bit do pro+ but thought the different stick layout might annoy.  NFC is no issue at all.

 

My main question is, once you set it to Switch, is that it, or do you need to do that every time or is it set to Switch or whatever, until you then change it to PC?  

 

Do you have multiple ps4 pads? Could always use a 8bit do wireless receiver for about £10. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CovisGod said:

So I’ve just bought this, for £20 with a random fishing rod attachment I can’t go wrong! Got me thinking though, are there any other Switch Games that come with weird Peripherals?

 

Is that fishing game any good? I fancy playing one while listening to the Mortimer & Whitehouse audiobook....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, shirubagan said:

@Shimmyhill You can play on both machines, just not the same account simultaneously. Be aware that some game saves will not back up to the cloud such as Animal Crossing, Splatoon and the Pokémon games. You can manually transfer the save though. 

 

I have a similar problem.

 

My user account purchased Two Point Hospital digitally.  My Switch Lite is my primary console.  My girlfriend used her existing profile to play the game on the Switch Lite.  Now when we go to the normal switch connected to the TV, my profile can play the game but hers cannot (it directs us to eshop and says she has to buy it herself).  Is this normal?

 

I could make the original Switch my primary console which would presumably allow her profile to play the game but since the online Nintendo account is only associated with my profile (I didn't think to get family when I signed up) she will not able to transfer her cloud save.

 

At no point are we trying to play the game simultaneously on two separate consoles, simply have different profiles using the game and my profile being a Nintendo online subscriber and having digitally purchased the game. 

 

Is the above all correct and as expected or am I missing something.  In the world of Nintendo I'm sure it all makes sense... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, McCoy said:

 

I have a similar problem.

 

My user account purchased Two Point Hospital digitally.  My Switch Lite is my primary console.  My girlfriend used her existing profile to play the game on the Switch Lite.  Now when we go to the normal switch connected to the TV, my profile can play the game but hers cannot (it directs us to eshop and says she has to buy it herself).  Is this normal?

 

I could make the original Switch my primary console which would presumably allow her profile to play the game but since the online Nintendo account is only associated with my profile (I didn't think to get family when I signed up) she will not able to transfer her cloud save.

 

At no point are we trying to play the game simultaneously on two separate consoles, simply have different profiles using the game and my profile being a Nintendo online subscriber and having digitally purchased the game. 

 

Is the above all correct and as expected or am I missing something.  In the world of Nintendo I'm sure it all makes sense... 

 

It’s all working as designed. Any Switch which is not the primary console will only be able to play digital purchases on the purchasers profile. 
 

You have a few solutions:

 

Buy another copy of the game (you could have a physical version or digital purchased by the other half) for the secondary Switch

 

Upgrade your online membership to a family one so you can transfer the save over and make the old switch the primary console. 

 

Keep it in mind that whichever Switch is not your primary console it will need an internet connection to check if it can play your purchased digital games (a mobile phone hotspot will do the job). I think you are then able to play for 2 hours before it checks again but not sure on that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nosejam said:

 

It’s all working as designed. Any Switch which is not the primary console will only be able to play digital purchases on the purchasers profile. 
 

You have a few solutions:

 

Buy another copy of the game (you could have a physical version or digital purchased by the other half) for the secondary Switch

 

Upgrade your online membership to a family one so you can transfer the save over and make the old switch the primary console. 

 

Keep it in mind that whichever Switch is not your primary console it will need an internet connection to check if it can play your purchased digital games (a mobile phone hotspot will do the job). I think you are then able to play for 2 hours before it checks again but not sure on that. 

 

Cheers.  I think you're right.  I should have just got her to use my profile!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Faulty joycons (stick drift)...

 

We had one repaired when it was 4 months old (within warranty). The replacement has now developed the same fault after 10 months. The warranty on the Switch will have expired by now, any idea what Nintendo are likely to do re the repair?

 

Crap time to happen - the website says they are doing their stock take so it’ll be 3 weeks and with the lockdown I imagine it might just not happen or be even longer than that. The boy will be upset :( 

 

edit - what’s the fix you can do yourself? And I think I’ll call them in the morning to see if they can say what the deal is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Faulty joycons...

 

We had one repaired when it was 4 months old (within warranty). The replacement has now developed the same fault after 10 months. The warranty on the Switch will have expired by now, any idea what Nintendo are likely to do re the repair?

 

Crap time to happen - the website says they are doing their stock take so it’ll be 3 weeks and with the lockdown I imagine it might just not happen or be even longer than that. The boy will be upset :( 

 

edit - what’s the fix you can do yourself? And I think I’ll call them in the morning to see if they can say what the deal is

What’s the fault? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

The replacement has now developed the same fault after 10 months.

 

The repair should be covered for 12 months.

 

Quote

Nintendo Warranty

For all repaired Products, Nintendo will extend its standard Nintendo Warranty by a period of 12 months from the date that your Product is returned to you, as confirmed by the letter accompanying your returned Product. Please ensure that you keep this letter safe as it must be presented along with your original proof of purchase on any subsequent claim under the Nintendo Warranty.

Further information about the standard Nintendo warranty can be found on the relevant product page at http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

 

Beautiful! I had to delay delivery to tomorrow because I wasn't at home today but I'm excited. How's the art book and jigsaw?

The art book is great, not looked at the jigsaw yet. 

DSC_0152.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My AC switch is coming today. I'll be transfering my accounts over from the old one. Does anyone know if the sd card data is account tiedorf machine tied? I suspect the later which is a ballache but fine. I only need to download AC today :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, cool. So the AC Switch doesn't come with a preloaded digi copy of the game, then? Or does a transfer magically not delete the game?

 

Edit: Why am I not googling this, it's a pet hate of mine that people ask questions on the quiet forum instead of typing that question into google for an immediate result. :D I see it's a download code that's included, that's good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.