rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

It might be a new wireless device somewhere nearby that's causing it, but it's only the left one so hopefully some foam - which I've found at work - will sort it!

8 minutes ago, deKay said:

It might be a new wireless device somewhere nearby that's causing it, but it's only the left one so hopefully some foam - which I've found at work - will sort it!

Foam? This is a new one for me haha :) I will have to have a look into this.

Well that was easier to fix than I was expecting. Remains to be seen if it works of course.

It stays connected now when I'm some five times the length of my lounge away (normally it's about 1/3 of the length when it disconnects) through two doors and an (outside) wall. Hopefully that translates to working better then previously when I get it home.

• Upvote 1

How do you get native* voice chat whilst docked? 

I have a Genki Bluetooth headphones adaptor that can plug into the dock via a USB C adapt or but it doesn’t take voice. They included a Mini microphone  for the headphone Jack on the switch but this doesn’t seem to work and if it did, would probably be too far away to use.

The arctic steel series 1 has a bluetooth dock adapter also but I don’t know if it takes voice. Google seems to suggest voice only goes through the headphone jack.

*native voice chat meaning built in on Overwatch and others, not the Nintendo app. I realise playing it docked kind of erodes the point when I have a PS4 and an Xbox sat there but I’m 320 hours in and using a wired connection which is much more favourable to my performance.

@strafe - funnily enough, it's working just fine for me using a Playstation wireless headset. Stick the dongle in the dock (or using a USB c adapter while portable) and bingo.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, rgraves said:

@strafe - funnily enough, it's working just fine for me using a Playstation wireless headset. Stick the dongle in the dock (or using a USB c adapter while portable) and bingo.

That is both excellent and annoying because I have a PS4 gold headset (is that what you have?) but the dongle is broken and from what I know the Individual dongle and headset pair are uniquely linked.

I use the gold headset. 

Either straight into the dock or, in handheld, into the USB-C via a small adapter. Yes it looks like you’ve got a weird aerial poking out the bottom but you get used to it. Sounds good too. I find that normal headphones cabled into the switch come out very quiet for some reason. 

• Upvote 1

I use my gold headset in handheld, wired. Gonna investigate fixing the dongle.

Nice to know it does Bluetooth chat though.

Have heard rumors of a Nintendo Direct this thursday.. to be announced tomorrow or later today.

The direct this time last year was amazing, possibly better than E3 - I'm looking forward to some surprises..

13 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Have heard rumors of a Nintendo Direct this thursday.. to be announced tomorrow or later today.

The direct this time last year was amazing, possibly better than E3 - I'm looking forward to some surprises..

Can't beat the January one

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, deKay said:

Can't beat the January one

What did they announce? Was talking about the SMM2/Links Awakening reveals. Unless that was January.

Personally (selfishly), I’ll be a bit annoyed if it’s an animal crossing dedicated direct. I plan to buy it regardless so don’t need to know anything else.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

Personally (selfishly), I’ll be a bit annoyed if it’s an animal crossing dedicated direct. I plan to buy it regardless so don’t need to know anything else.

Spoiler

52 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

We haven't seen Brewster yet, have we? 

Yep. He's on the calendar.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Where did you hear that? Hope its true :)

Apparently Nintendo have teased a big sale for this Thursday - SMM2 and FE confirmed discounts - so maybe there's a direct to coincide with that?

Nothing announced , it's still possible but tomorrow is looking unlikely.

I think there was some evidence for the 20th but I guess that's as good a guess as any , especially as animal crossing really isnt long away and they have barely shown anything of it.

Picked up Puyo Puyo Tetris today and can't stop playing it ... Addictive beyond belief. Always loved Tetris though since I got my hands on a Gameboy back in 1990.... :D

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Nothing announced , it's still possible but tomorrow is looking unlikely.

I think there was some evidence for the 20th but I guess that's as good a guess as any , especially as animal crossing really isnt long away and they have barely shown anything of it.

rumourklaxon.gif.69a424da970cbc12b64fc44c2f165285.gif