rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

3 hours ago, therearerules said:

Personally I'm waiting on a port of Skies of Arcadia.

I've come to terms with the fact that Skies of Arcadia is getting no further than the GameCube. It and 18 Wheel American Trucker are never coming out to a more modern system.

17 minutes ago, ryodi said:

I've come to terms with the fact that Skies of Arcadia is getting no further than the GameCube. It and 18 Wheel American Trucker are never coming out to a more modern system.

Add Power Stone to the list.

• Upvote 2

Taking my Switch on holiday - can I use any USB-C charger or do I have to use the one that came with the console?

Been playing Psikyo shooting stars Bravo this weekend as Base sent it a whole week before release. Loving it so far, three of my favourite ever shmups on it; Gunbird, Gunbird 2 and Sengoku Blade and a game I’ve never heard of before, less of a shooter and more of an Arkanoid kind of game; Gunbarich. Definitely prefer it to Alpha. 

An unexpected joy of being a Switch owner; it’s an awesome console for arcade gaming and shmups. 

• Upvote 1

I'm a new Switch owner (which I'm enjoying so far) and it occurs to me that occasionally my wife's nephews are going to come over and that they might want to play Mario Kart with the both of us. Are there any recommendations for cheap extra controllers for that? I don't imagine we'd be making use of them often, so a full price Nintendo set seems expensive.

24 minutes ago, makkuwata said:

I keep mine charging by the side of the bed via USB-C.

What about if I want to take the dock to connect it to the TV at the apartment I'm staying in - can I use the same USB-C charger or is it better to use the proper PSU?

35 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I'm a new Switch owner (which I'm enjoying so far) and it occurs to me that occasionally my wife's nephews are going to come over and that they might want to play Mario Kart with the both of us. Are there any recommendations for cheap extra controllers for that? I don't imagine we'd be making use of them often, so a full price Nintendo set seems expensive.

I'd get a second set of joycons. That'll give you 4P in a pinch, and in the meantime you can have one set charging and one set detached at all times. Also gives you a better 2P experience.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

What about if I want to take the dock to connect it to the TV at the apartment I'm staying in - can I use the same USB-C charger or is it better to use the proper PSU?

Docks are pretty sensitive. I’d use the official PSU. 

• Upvote 1

I think the good third party USB-C chargers that would provide enough power for the dock are practically the same price as the official one anyway. 

2 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

I've seen some wired pad in b+m that looks very decent. This thing. I am sure there's a plain version without the Mario stuff on it. 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8249739

RPG recommendations? Something jrpg like rather than Divinity etc.

Been eyeing up Xenoblade Chronicles or maybe the second South park game. Anything else worth looking at?

7 minutes ago, spork said:

Been eyeing up Xenoblade Chronicles or maybe the second South park game. Anything else worth looking at?

Dragon Quest XI or if you haven’t already played it Final Fantasy XII. I’d say they are the pinnacles of JRPGs.

11 minutes ago, spork said:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore is worth a look. It's a Persona game by any other name, with a cheerful, goofy J-pop setting. I'm enjoying it a lot. 

• Upvote 1

The original Xenoblade remaster is out in May, apparently. It's the best JRPG ever. 

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a great shout as well. 

• Upvote 2

Xenoblade is barely a JRPG and it's not even in the top 10 of JRPGs. Heathens.

• Upvote 1

Warface is now on the Switch if that interests anyone.

13 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Xenoblade isn't barely a JRPG and it's not even in the top 10 of JRPGs. Heathens.

Wrong. It’s better than BoTW. 

5 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Wrong. It’s better than BoTW. 

BoTW isn't a JRPG either. Sheesh!

• Upvote 1

BotW is the best game ever, Xenoblade Chronicles is the best JRPG ever. Both things can be true. 

I lasted about 15 hours on Xenoblade before the urge to batter the protagonist's face in every time he said the same fucking thing over and over got the better of me.

FFXII is the correct answer.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

BotW is the best game ever, Xenoblade Chronicles is the best JRPG ever. Both things can be true. 

Xenoblade Chronicles isn't a JRPG, so it simply can't be true.

22 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Xenoblade Chronicles isn't a JRPG, so it simply can't be true.

This stance is new on me. Why isn't it a JRPG?

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

Dragon Quest XI shits all over Xenoblade from a great height.

9 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Dragon Quest XI shits all over Xenoblade from a great height.

Piffle, my good man. And I say that as a former fan of the DQ games. If I had to make a top 5 best JRPG's, it would be:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles

2. Skies of Arcadia

3. Grandia

4. Final Fantasy XII

5. Chronotrigger

Dragon Quest VIII would probably just be outside my top 5, however. 

• Upvote 1

Xenoblade 'isn't barely' a JRPG? Actual, factual madness. It's more ambitious and inventive than the strictly inflexible DQ series (11 is a jump forward, though) but it never strays from the JRPG genre for a second. 

2 hours ago, deKay said:

Warface is now on the Switch if that interests anyone.

Is this on the UK store? Been waiting for a good online shooter. 

4 minutes ago, Jonnycash said:

Is this on the UK store? Been waiting for a good online shooter. 

According to Eurogamer, yes. But it’s not on the Nintendo site yet.

• Upvote 1