Nintendo Switch

It's a little worrying that it hasn't been announced yet. Perhaps it's not technically possibly on the Switch? Is this a dumb thought? I mean, nearly of all Annapurna's lineup is on the Switch with the exception of Telling Lies, Wattam, and Outer Wilds. And the latter is probably their most high profile release yet. 

2 hours ago, Super Stop and Shop said:

It's a little worrying that it hasn't been announced yet. Perhaps it's not technically possibly on the Switch? Is this a dumb thought? I mean, nearly of all Annapurna's lineup is on the Switch with the exception of Telling Lies, Wattam, and Outer Wilds. And the latter is probably their most high profile release yet. 

If the Outer Wilds does get a release on Switch it’ll probably be the most impressive port on the console. It doesn’t look it, but it’s infinitely more complex in its systems than Witcher 3. It’d be fantastic if they can get it going though, as it’s definitely a game that seems a perfect fit for the machine.

I bought Gris yesterday - first time I’ve bought myself a game rather than the kids in years. 
played non stop till 11pm last night. 
It’s an extraordinary game - really magical in places. Such a treat to play something without the standard mechanics of health and whatnot. 
Well worth the 7 quid sale price atm. 

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I didn’t even realise Disaster Report 4 was getting a Switch release, and it’s out now - £54 :blink:

There's a thread I made for it.  

It's fantastic, but massively janky as hell. I paid £36 for it from The Game Collection before release, but they seem to have upped the price to £43 now. 

37 minutes ago, Dr Nookie said:

I bought Gris yesterday - first time I’ve bought myself a game rather than the kids in years. 
played non stop till 11pm last night. 
It’s an extraordinary game - really magical in places. Such a treat to play something without the standard mechanics of health and whatnot. 
Well worth the 7 quid sale price atm. 

Had the money sat in my account so watched the video and bought it, thanks for the recommendation. The art style helped a lot too, looks fantastic; reminded me very much of the American artist Audrey Kawasaki, wonder if she had anything to do with it?

2 hours ago, Pavey said:

Had the money sat in my account so watched the video and bought it, thanks for the recommendation. The art style helped a lot too, looks fantastic; reminded me very much of the American artist Audrey Kawasaki, wonder if she had anything to do with it?

Good stuff. 
It’s a delight really.

ED693191-771C-4992-BB55-9A9D99AC463F.jpeg

B932096E-6422-4642-B861-52FF2D0F5B61.jpeg

6 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

My nintendo account was hacked a few hours ago, I cant see any damage luckily. Apparently this has been on the rise lately - make sure you turn on the 2 factor verification.

I had a log-in from Russia during the night as well. I wonder if someone has been going through those previously hacked lists and checking Nintendo accounts. My own fault really for losing track of which accounts had previously shared passwords.

26 minutes ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

Knocked over a cup of tea this morning and some of it splashed on my Switch. Now it's not charging properly. I've powered it off and left it standing upright and hope it'll dry out.

*sob*

Stick it in your airing cupboard. I did something similar to my laptop years ago but it dried it right out.

24 minutes ago, nightwaxon said:

Just managed to blag a console from Very, with Super Mario Odyssey. I've not been this excited about a new console since the N64. Nothing like a bit of Nintendo magic to brighten these strange times

Enjoy SMO is awesome as is the Switch! :sealclap:

3 hours ago, nightwaxon said:

Just managed to blag a console from Very, with Super Mario Odyssey. I've not been this excited about a new console since the N64. Nothing like a bit of Nintendo magic to brighten these strange times

Me too! I’m not celebrating yet though as I ordered one through Design last week and it got cancelled the next day as they realised they took more orders than amount of Switches they had come in. Fingers crossed though!

24 minutes ago, lau said:

Me too! I’m not celebrating yet though as I ordered one through Design last week and it got cancelled the next day as they realised they took more orders than amount of Switches they had come in. Fingers crossed though!

Don't say things like that... :mad:

My Switch has some wear on the back faceplate (where my fingers sit). You know where it goes a bit shiny. 

Has anyone replaced the backplate before? If so, any suggestions on where to get a replacement? With it now being out of warranty I am up for a snazzy design too. Maybe even a better kickstand. 

34 minutes ago, bradigor said:

My Switch has some wear on the back faceplate (where my fingers sit). You know where it goes a bit shiny. 

Has anyone replaced the backplate before? If so, any suggestions on where to get a replacement? With it now being out of warranty I am up for a snazzy design too. Maybe even a better kickstand. 

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07ZD11D47/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1