rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

All the very best with it, I'll defo pick it up when it's on XB. Bad luck with Nintendo, they're buggers. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, APM said:

I know. I'm tempted to resubmit it with a picture of an Anime girl on the logo. Sure to get accepted then...

Seriously, though, I think it's because I have no publisher. 

Never mind. splitting my time on my new game and porting Shudder to Xbox at the moment,

Good luck :) 

• Upvote 1

The left joycon on the brand new Switch I bought about five months ago is already drifting. The durability of these sticks is dreadful. I equipped weapons in Breath of the Wild that lasted longer than these fecking analogue sticks. I fear for anyone who bought a Switch Lite.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

It's been mentioned before, but WD40 Fast Drying Contact Cleaner works amazingly well. I had cause myself to use it myself this weekend on a left joycon. Fixed that, then I tried it on sticky joycon buttons and it fixed that, then I tried it on a USB controllers buttons and it fixed that, and my Paypoint card stopped working in my gas meter so I sprayed some on there and it fixed that. At this stage, thinking of trying it out on the coronavirus.

And did you do it just by lifting up the stick?

33 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

It's been mentioned before, but WD40 Fast Drying Contact Cleaner works amazingly well. I had cause myself to use it myself this weekend on a left joycon. Fixed that, then I tried it on sticky joycon buttons and it fixed that, then I tried it on a USB controllers buttons and it fixed that, and my Paypoint card stopped working in my gas meter so I sprayed some on there and it fixed that. At this stage, thinking of trying it out on the coronavirus.

This all day long! 

Every time I think my stick is drifting it turns out gyro control has somehow come back on in Mario Kart. Touch wood but there’s been no problems yet apart from that. 

• Upvote 1

Long shot but is there any site that updates when the Switch is back in stock online? Need to get a Neon one as soon as I can but not sure which site is going to have stock first and worried I'll get charged for a load at the same time if I put pre-orders in at different places.

Got the Animal Crossing one on order as I need two eventually but would prefer one sooner and in a different colour if I can get one before that's released.

So excited for the ACNH Switch. It and the game are a prezzie for the missus, but the minute she puts it down for more than 10 minutes it will become mine.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bushtopher said:

This turned up today. Really nice cover, v happy with it - thanks again for posting!

Yep, a super slim cover and you can use it whilst it is in the cover which is good. 

It can finally fit inside my inner coat pocket. 

You know. I love the switch. But why is the Pro controller so crap at waking it up? It's not like I'm sat miles away - most of the time I have to push the power button on the switch whilst dock to wake it up.  

Is this common to everyone else with one?

No, i press the button on the controller and it comes to life instantly.

Sometimes need to give the home button on the controller a couple of lengthy prods but never have to use the power button on the Switch itself.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, iknowgungfu said:

You know. I love the switch. But why is the Pro controller so crap at waking it up? It's not like I'm sat miles away - most of the time I have to push the power button on the switch whilst dock to wake it up.  

Is this common to everyone else with one?

Always works immediately for me. You are pressing the right button, yeah? 

2 hours ago, Pavey said:

No, i press the button on the controller and it comes to life instantly.

Same for me. 

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Always works immediately for me. You are pressing the right button, yeah? 

The home button....right?  :unsure:

Although when I press any button I can see the pad tries to find the switch. 

36 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

The home button....right?  :unsure:

Although when I press any button I can see the pad tries to find the switch. 

That’s right. Home turns the Switch on. Other buttons just try to link the pad to an already-on Switch.

42 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Yeah..looks like for whatever reason mine just seem a little shy around eachother to begin with. 

Have you paired them? Plug the pro controller into the dock via usb and turn the switch on using the controller while wired up. That should do the trick.

It's definitely paired as once I manually wake the switch it all works fine. It's just it seems crap at waking up the switch. 

6 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

It's definitely paired as once I manually wake the switch it all works fine. It's just it seems crap at waking up the switch. 

That’s not paired - that’s just linked. If it’s paired it can wake it up.

Pretty sure it needs a long press on the home button, which always works on mine. I like that its a long press too, and only 1 button, not like that old ps3 remote control where you’d breathe near it and the PlayStation would turn on, and not having an actual off button, you’d have to switch TV input to turn it off again...

• Upvote 1