rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Ordered one from Cex in the end, finally joining the Switch club. I've got Zelda and plan to get Mario Odyssey, is there any other switch only must have games?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Minion said:

Ordered one from Cex in the end, finally joining the Switch club. I've got Zelda and plan to get Amrio Odyssey, is there any other switch only must have games?

That's a big question. Must haves

Animal Crossing

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Astral Chain

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Luigi's Mansion 3

Ring Fit Adventure (If you can get hold of it)

And digitally:

Tetris 99

Just Shapes And Beats

Katamari Damacy Reroll

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Minion said:

Ordered one from Cex in the end, finally joining the Switch club. I've got Zelda and plan to get Mario Odyssey, is there any other switch only must have games?

I'd add Mario Kart 8 too.... Also if you like fiddling around with cardboard Labo is a bit different. Yoshi's Crafted World is good fun too if you like 2D platformers. Don't forget all the SNES and NES games too if you sub to the online service.

Thing that is great about the Switch is the pick up and play aspect so I have tended to start playing games on it rather than the PC these days when there is a choice especially the nice little indie games...

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, MattyP said:

SNES and NES games too it you sub to the online service

Oh wow I didn't know this, so I can get Super Mario World? OMG!!!!!

Thanks for the recommendation's mukers!

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Minion said:

Oh wow I didn't know this, so I can get Super Mario World? OMG!!!!!

Thanks for the recommendation's mukers!

Absolutely enjoy! 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Absolutely enjoy! 

I had no idea I'm overjoyed its my all time favourite game, thanks!

• Upvote 5

How is the stock situation these days?

I need to sell something and I'd rather start by selling the stuff that's easily replaceable. :(

@Minion - just play Zelda for now. Don't buy any other games that you'll be distracted by. It's much better to play one at a time and get the full, undiluted experience.

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, Fallows said:

How is the stock situation these days?

I need to sell something and I'd rather start by selling the stuff that's easily replaceable. :(

Still hard to get at the moment. They increased stock for the Animal Crossing launch, but it seems to be gone already. 

14 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

@Minion - just play Zelda for now. Don't buy any other games that you'll be distracted by. It's much better to play one at a time and get the full, undiluted experience.

Yeah I ordered Mario Odyssey last night as really want that too but will for sure be concentrating on BOTW.

• Upvote 2

BotW kept me going all the way up until Arms, and I still didn't finish it!

MK8D was the perfect distraction, as it was nothing new. I could jump on that for 30/60mins and then get back to hunting for Korok seeds.

59 minutes ago, deKay said:

Wasn't there one in January?

• Upvote 6

It had to wait its turn (I owned it on Wii U and never even got round to booting it and I was playing AI when it launched until earlier this week) but Tokyo Mirage Sessions is pretty brilliant, or at least exactly what I was looking for, after four hours anyway. In other words: Persona without the bloat that ruined 5 and a dusting of Nintendoness. I wish the Fire Emblem characters looked better but it's so bright and happy and the combat is the right mix of engaging but not overly-complicated and ooh I love it.

On 13/03/2020 at 12:28, womble9 said:

If anyone's after the (very well reviewed) Hori split pad pro then it's back on offer at Amazon again:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HORI-Split-Pad-Pro-Nintendo/dp/B07T5QKKVP/

Must admit I'm q tempted myself :).

On 14/03/2020 at 05:06, Stanshall said:

I did a bit of a comparison when I got it but long story short, not as comfortable to hold as the Satisfye because the grips aren't as big/round but the buttons and sticks are vastly more comfortable to use and the D-pad is excellent. It also slides into the dock more easily with the Hori Split Pad joycons attached. 

I've barely used the Satisfye grip since I got these and I play on handheld quite a lot more now, given that the D-pad is better than the Pro Controller. 

On 14/03/2020 at 08:16, Jamie John said:

Ordered! Hopefully I'll be good for Animal Crossing in handheld mode.

What with this, the Pro controller, SNES controller, Bluetooth dongle, Satisfye grip, case and screen protectors, my Switch accessories bill is getting to be near enough to what I played for the actual bloody console...

Just an update to say that I'm loving the Hori Joycon controller and haven't used my Satisfye grip since I bought it. I actually find it more comfortable to use, you can dock it with the controllers attached, and the oversized buttons and joysticks are great. I don't really miss the rumble, either.

Thinking I might sell the Satisfye, in fact, as I can't see myself using it now.

• Upvote 2

Edit: Xenoblade Chronicles looks amazing. :wub:29th May can't come soon enough. 

• Upvote 4

Borderlands: Legendary Collection

XCom 2 Collection

Bioshock Collection

All out May 29th. 

Catherine: Full Body 7th July. 

Demo for Bravely Default 2 today. 

A friend , no really, is looking to buy a switch right now. Any ideas where to look for a new one with extra battery life ? They are saying online is sold out but thought I would ask here

Good Job looks like a lot of fun. 

• Upvote 2

Jesus Christ, EA are actually releasing a game on the Switch? Burnout Paradise Remastered is about 2 years too late, but still...