rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

5 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Panzer Dragoon is coming to Gamepass on release day isn't it?

I don't think it's even announced for Xbox. Orta is on Gamepass. 

36 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

:wub:  :wub:

A perfect fit for a Switch in handheld mode.

I absolutely rinsed this on the Dreamcast..

12 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Shame it wasn’t burnout 2 or 3 instead of paradise. 

I loved 2 so much. 

13 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

I absolutely rinsed this on the Dreamcast..

Drill Land wasn't on the Dreamcast, it was on the Gamecube.

This may be my most anticipated title.  I played loads on the GC, but was always put off by having to use the Freeloader to play it.

10 minutes ago, Xevious said:

Drill Land wasn't on the Dreamcast, it was on the Gamecube.

This may be my most anticipated title.  I played loads on the GC, but was always put off by having to use the Freeloader to play it.

Well OK - Mr Driller then Captain particular...

• Upvote 1

Burnouts before Paradise would be tricky in as much as tracking down who the fuck owns those now.

This looks better than I thought it might be - F2P, so no issue giving it a go at least:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

Well OK - Mr Driller then Captain particular...

I had Mr Driller Drill Land on my Jap/USA GameCube. Comfortably the best ever Mr Driller game IMO, because of the variety of different modes. 

• Upvote 2

For a generation of gamers whose mantra is "git gud" - some Burnout players clearly didn't invest the time required to appreciate the brilliance of Paradise.

Has anyone else experienced a network problem on Switch where it complains of DNS issues even though every other device on your network copes ok?

I've even given it the Google DNS which hasn't made a difference. Have reset my router to factory settings such didn't do anything either.

On 26/03/2020 at 20:34, mdn2 said:

It is the first one and it's personally my favourite of the three. The world, the characters and the soundtrack haven't been equalled since. Xenoblade X on the WiiU is probably the weakest of the 3, but it had an amazing world to travel around in. It's a shame the rest of the game is so dull. Xenoblade 2 on the Switch is decent, but the world isn't as good as the other two. However, it has a decent story and characters. 

So my list:

1>>>>>2>>>>>>>>>X. 

How is the battle system in the first one compared with 2? 

22 minutes ago, strawdonkey said:

Has anyone else experienced a network problem on Switch where it complains of DNS issues even though every other device on your network copes ok?

I've even given it the Google DNS which hasn't made a difference. Have reset my router to factory settings such didn't do anything either.

Happened on my daughter's Lite this week. Turning it off and back on fixed it.

41 minutes ago, Stanley said:

How is the battle system in the first one compared with 2? 

@Alexlotl did a really good post in the Xenoblade thread highlighting the differences.

There’s certainly a constituency of XC1 fans who don’t like XC2, but I’ve never seen any proper arguments beyond “XC2 is too anime” and “Rex’s VA is bad at screaming”, so I think it’s largely a taste thing rather than anyone breaking the mechanics. I guess the gacha stuff rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but if you relax your completist tendencies and just view it as a randomiser, it’s good fun. 

I like them both a lot. XC2 has the better battle system IMO - the cancels make you focus on the present, while the orbs get you planning strategically in longer battles. XC1 towards the end is pretty much spam arts and wait for recharges. That said, XC1 arguably offers more diverse combat types (Melia is pretty much unique, while Shulk’s Monaco arts and Riki’s DoT focus don’t really have an XC2 analogue).

Both have great music, best-in-class localisation and likeable characters, although I’d say the XC1 characters are a bit more human in their motivations. XC1 skews a bit more serious in tone, and XC2 a bit more comic (although it’s pretty serious too by the endgame). XC1 wild environments probably just have the edge, while XC2’s towns are much better. 

tl;dr - they’re both good, and I can’t really understand liking one and not the other. I can entirely understand liking them both but not the charmless XCX, though. 

• Upvote 2

I’ve been added to a family plan, it shows I’m in one on the Nintendo website but my switch and eshop isn’t recognising it?

Is something else required?

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Thanks. Sadly I've done that without any joy, been experiencing it for months! Can't hurt to reboot frequently though.

You completely powered it down, @strawdonkey, and not just put it to sleep and woke it up, right?

When it powers on you see the Nintendo logo and the Switch logo before it hits the home screen. 

Sorry I cant find a thread for it but is Bomberman R a good version of bomberman?

4 minutes ago, Minion said:

Sorry I cant find a thread for it but is Bomberman R a good version of bomberman?

It’s OK. Not as good as Saturn/Super/Mega but it’s decent enough.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Minion said:

It's got an alright story mode, with co-op it's a nice distraction.

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys. I just want the classic arcade mode so as long as it has that it should be good, last one I played was the 360 version. I do love bomberman. 

2 hours ago, deKay said:

When did this happen please? 

51 minutes ago, Popo said:

You completely powered it down, @strawdonkey, and not just put it to sleep and woke it up, right?

When it powers on you see the Nintendo logo and the Switch logo before it hits the home screen. 

Yep - full powerdown rather than sleep. 

[edit] since I have Complained On The Internet about it, it's started bloody working normally obviously. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, ravnaz said:

When did this happen please? 

Monday or Tuesday, I think? Happened a few weeks back too.

• Upvote 1

On 23/03/2020 at 22:29, MattyP said:

Just picked up Pikuniku on the store for 89p incredible fun and a steal at that price. Works really well in handheld mode - great pick up and play feelgood game....

Completed this today. Great fun... few difficulty spikes here and there but nothing too frustrating. Going back over it to mop up a few things rarely do that these days... :) Recommended if anyone wants a quick relaxing feel good game to play! :) Think its also on Xbox Game Pass too for any Xbox owners out there too....

14 hours ago, strawdonkey said:

Thanks. Sadly I've done that without any joy, been experiencing it for months! Can't hurt to reboot frequently though.

I had this issue when setting up my new Switch last week. I manually entered DNS servers in the settings - 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1. The Switch seems happy to pick up IP and default router / gateway via DHCP. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Norfolk Enchants said:

I had this issue when setting up my new Switch last week. I manually entered DNS servers in the settings - 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1. The Switch seems happy to pick up IP and default router / gateway via DHCP. 

Thanks - I'll give the DNS from two different providers a go and see if that helps.

It started happening again last night so the reboot is unlikely to be the fix sadly. Still unsure if the error message is even relevant.

I want to buy Divinity Original Sin 2, but it seems to be really expensive here, cant find a download code and its £50 on the estore.

I have found a US code for £34, I already have a US account, used it for Edith Finch when a seller sent me a US code instead of a UK one! Presumably the Divinity Original Sin code can br played in the same way without issue?