rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

It will be great to play though the Galaxy games again loved them on the Wii. Anything else Mario will be a bonus too....

37 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Has anyone ever had their Switch conk our and emit an extremely loud eardrum-piercing high-pitched noise before? :unsure: It happened to my cousin’s son’s Switch. They managed a hard reset and it seems to be working fine now, but googling around seems to suggest that might not prevent it from happening again. Can’t seem to find a reason why it happens. Any ideas what the issue might be?

Wonder if the fan is sticking or something? Is the noise coming from the speaker (software) or the hardware itself....

They are both in my pile of shame, as have never played either. Have them on the Wii and Wi U.

Might aswell buy them again :o

• Upvote 2

I recently purchased galaxy for a play through ( cant believe its 13 years since I played it ) but I might wait now for an improved switch version. It would be perfect if it was a galaxy 1 and 2 pack..

3 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

I recently purchased galaxy for a play through ( cant believe its 13 years since I played it ) but I might wait now for an improved switch version. It would be perfect if it was a galaxy 1 and 2 pack..

That's what I'm hoping for... Although expect they'll he separate buys...

8 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Wonder if the fan is sticking or something? Is the noise coming from the speaker (software) or the hardware itself....

I think it came from the speaker, despite being impossibly louder than the volume a Switch usually emits. So I’ve been told. The wee guy had to smother it with a cushion because it was so loud. 

Yeah, Eurogamer reporting this now and confirming they've heard the same from their sources. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-30-sources-nintendo-switch-2020-line-up-dominated-by-mario-games-old-and-new

The idea of having Galaxy on my Switch, ready to play whenever sounds great to me. One of the greatest games ever made. All the other stuff is just a great bonus.

If the Switch wasn't already an essential Nintendo console, it sure will be by the end of the year. :wub:

• Upvote 2

Mario All-Stars 2

Just do that Nintendo, make all the monies. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

I will buy all of the Mario games. Let me buy them pls Nintendo.

Even Mario Teaches Typing?

7 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Even Mario Teaches Typing?

Yes mate

• Upvote 1

Hopefully Paper Mario is a port of Thousand Year Door, there hasn’t been a good Paper Mario game since it was released.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

Hopefully Paper Mario is a port of Thousand Year Door, there hasn’t been a good Paper Mario game since it was released.

According to Gematsu, it’s a new game.

24 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

220px-Hotel_Mario.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

30 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Even Mario Sunshine?

42 minutes ago, deKay said:

SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE PLS

Indeed. One of my favourite Marios and long while since I last played it!

Didn't Eurogamer sources also verify the Starfox Grand Prix rumor......I think this one is true to be fair, but just saying they've played this "yeah, we also heard that before" card before.

As a news website, I'm always wondering why, if they've heard all this stuff, they don't just break it themselves - because saying "yeah, now they said it we can also" does not protect their sources (often cited as the reason they don;t break stuff and then later chime in with a 'yeah we knew that') in any additional way really does it?

• Upvote 1

Just been playing Salamander... Still as hard as nails! Love it though. Who'd have thought I'd have Salamander, Outrun and R-Type to play nearly arcade perfect on something smaller than my 48K Spectrum :) Progress eh. Let alone having a bunch of SNES and NES games too. Still think it odd at times seeing a SEGA logo pop up on a Nintendo device. Old git that I am.... :D

Looking forward to having some more Mario action on there this year...

• Upvote 2

Fucking yaaaas, it's been at least two years since I tried to enjoy Mario Sunshine. This time for sure.

It definitely needed analog triggers but I've forgotten why - anyone remember? Last time I played it was on the Wii U with the Pro Controller and I remember getting pure raging at some bit I literally couldn't do because I was lacking the button functionality.

1 minute ago, Yasawas said:

Fucking yaaaas, it's been at least two years since I tried to enjoy Mario Sunshine. This time for sure.

It definitely needed analog triggers but I've forgotten why - anyone remember? 

It altered the water pressure of FLUDD, enabling you to adjust your height while hovering and force of water when aiming at stuff. 

• Upvote 1

Never understood why the Switch never got analogue triggers like the 'Cube. There again the Wii didn't either. Odd really given the other consoles both sport them. Probably cost saving knowing Nintendo but does seem a backward step after the cubes were so good IMHO.

I think there might have been an interview, maybe an Iwata Asks, which talked about the importance of the Wii U gamepad's weight not being too much and analog triggers were one of the things they got rid of to keep that down. And the battery probably.

• Upvote 1

If you look at a tear down on a GC pad the analogue triggers needed a huge amount of space behind them. I can see why they wouldn’t work on a smaller controller very well. A shame as they’re one of be great fidget toys. 

• Upvote 2