Nintendo Switch

https://www.powera.com/us/nano/

Features:
- Wireless game controller with Bluetooth® 5.0 technology
- Motion controls included for intuitive game interactions
- Nintendo Switch controller features Advanced Gaming Buttons for on the fly button mapping
- Compact ergonomic shell with standard sized buttons & controls
- Switch System buttons (+, -, Home, Capture)
- Left/Right shoulder buttons and triggers (L/R/ZL/ZR)
- Two Precision tuned analog sticks
- Eight-way plus-shaped D-pad
- Nintendo ABXY button layout (larger than Joy-Con)
- LEDs for player number, button mapping, and low battery warning
- 600mAh internal rechargeable battery for up to 20 hours of gameplay*

1 hour ago, Popo said:

That, er, looks exactly like a pro controller. 

Hopefully...because it's cheaper and has those remappable buttons as well. Be good to have a cheaper, decent, wireless alternative that has all the same functionality (including gyro etc).

• Upvote 1

Can’t you get that on things like the SN30 Pro Plus for the same $50? The back buttons are nice but it sounds like it’s meant to be a mini pad which makes me wonder how ergonomic it is.

30 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

it sounds like it’s meant to be a mini pad which makes me wonder how ergonomic it is.

It's only a little bit smaller than a pro - they give a silhouette comparison in the vid.

This article is utter lies and villany, right?

https://www.imore.com/how-transfer-internal-save-data-micro-sd-card-nintendo-switch

First result on Google for "backup switch saves to sd card". When really the first result should be something saying "no, you can't do it because Nintendo want you to pay for their online service". They seem to have misinterpreted the patch notes, from when an option to transfer game data (i.e. DLC, patches and the like) between internal and external memory was added. The UI literally says "save data can't be moved" when you try and their screenshots show this.

1 hour ago, Liamness said:

https://www.imore.com/how-transfer-internal-save-data-micro-sd-card-nintendo-switch

First result on Google for "backup switch saves to sd card". When really the first result should be something saying "no, you can't do it because Nintendo want you to pay for their online service". They seem to have misinterpreted the patch notes, from when an option to transfer game data (i.e. DLC, patches and the like) between internal and external memory was added. The UI literally says "save data can't be moved" when you try and their screenshots show this.

That’s Google’s fault, not imore’s. They don’t mention anything about transferring save data.

1 hour ago, Liamness said:

It says game data, not save data. In the screenshots you can see they're moving games and patches from the size of the files. 

50 minutes ago, deKay said:

That’s Google’s fault, not imore’s. They don’t mention anything about transferring save data.

I tweeted at them and they seem to have corrected it. You can see the URL slug still refers to "save" data but everything else has been changed. The incorrect information can be seen in Google's cache still.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Peb Kacharach said:

ERA thinks we’re getting a new F-Zero game.

There’s an inactive, official(?)* Twitter account linked to the 3D Mario All-Stars collection heavily rumoured already, and they found a similar one registered in March for F-Zero from the same source. Currently both have placeholder usernames ‘aaaaaa’. Now speculating this is why Falcon was in Min Min’s Smash reveal.

*ERA is never wrong!**

**See: Star Fox GP.

If Nintendo are dropping 64, Sunshine & Galaxy remasters, plus F-Zero and BotW2, that would be quite the 2020 for Switch.

It would. Although we're fast running out of 2020 if all those games are due for release and are still unannounced. 

38 minutes ago, McCoy said:

It would. Although we're fast running out of 2020 if all those games are due for release and are still unannounced. 

They are doing a pretty quick announcement -> release thing right now though - when did we first hear about Paper Mario, that was only 2 months ago right? So they could announce now (July) for release in September/October/November/December still without it being particularly unusual or unrealistic.

Even ignoring the impact of Covid, I feel like the pattern for the last couple of years has been a lighter first half of the year and a big finish. Likewise, they haven't been announcing things very far ahead since 2017. I made a thread in 2018 questioning the change in approach because I'd really appreciated knowing the road map in the launch year, but they've largely stuck with that strategy. 

Era is also convinced the year’s first full Direct is happening on the 20th.

And considering they’re on page 196 of OT 10 and they’ve been speculating about one since January, I’m happy to go along with the hype.

5 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

Era is also convinced the year’s first full Direct is happening on the 20th.

And considering they’re on page 196 of OT 10 and they’ve been speculating about one since January, I’m happy to go along with the hype.

If true, this is bound to be the event where the 35th anniversary Marios are announced. Can't wait to see the rumoured 64 remake!

Not sure if this is the best place to ask - please let me know if I should move my questions.

I want to buy ESP Ra.De. Psi digitally as I prefer not having to change carts. I'm not sure what the best way to get it is.

I've already got my Switch set up with a Japanese account ready to go. My problem is that the Japanese eShop won't accept my credit cards, Revolut or UK paypal. The only option I can think if is to buy a Japanese eShop card. But I haven't found anywhere that sells them without a big markup. So I guess my questions are:

(1) Is there a way to buy from the Japanese eShop with a UK paypal/credit card/Revolut account?

(2) what's a good place to buy Japanese eShop credit with reasonable markeup?

Any help / advice is appreciated.