Nintendo Switch

A stream from earlier showing just how good the game runs. 720-900p docked, 540-720p handheld. 30 fps. Looks very good. Also features ray tracing on ps4 and Xbox one and would be possible on switch but it tanks the framerate too much. (the crysis engine features a soiftware based ray tracer).

Looks like I might be getting the joycon drift, Link's been taking a couple of steps after I stop walking, just kept on walking in first-person once, and on the calibration screen the joycon's sometimes a bit slow to slide back to the centre position when I've let go of the stick. Because it's a bit intermittent should I just wait until it's pretty noticeable? My Switch was only bought last September and I think the warranty's two years, right?

2 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

A stream from earlier showing just how good the game runs. 720-900p docked, 540-720p handheld. 30 fps. Looks very good. Also features ray tracing on ps4 and Xbox one and would be possible on switch but it tanks the framerate too much. (the crysis engine features a soiftware based ray tracer).

Shame they didn’t have something with which they could have included the likes of this in a presentation, a Direct Mini maybe. 

• Upvote 1

Is the crysis port that impressive? It looks basically like a somewhat fancier take on the 360 version which is to be expected as the switch is quite a bit more powerful than the 360. 

Unless I'm missing something which I probably am. 

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Is the crysis port that impressive? It looks basically like a somewhat fancier take on the 360 version which is to be expected as the switch is quite a bit more powerful than the 360. 

Unless I'm missing something which I probably am. 

Yes, it's a port of the technologically-plausible rebuild of the original technologically-implausible game.

22 hours ago, rgraves said:

And, at £13, added to the pile 'o shame. Doh!

So, I gave Rogue Company a go last night....

1) On Switch, it crashed at the main menu the first two times I loaded it. Didn't even get into a game, just a crash almost immediately. The third time I got past the main menu and played 4-5 matches. Then it crashed again.

2) Either I'm really, really, really, really bad or everyone else is bloody awesome. I just died. A lot. Like I entered the play area and was sniped by someone that was at most only a single pixel off in the distance of my screen. I'm all for cross-play, but here it really did feel like I was being assassinated by MnK players all the damn time. I might just need to 'git gud' - but by christ it's hard when you're dead within seconds and never even really have a chance to get a single shot off back at them.

I'll stick with it for a bit in case it's just me being piss-poor - but it's a long way from being as welcoming and engaging to new players as something like Splatoon is....

You’re really gonna need to be on a mic and hope the rest of your team is as well to get anywhere in a game like Rogue Company.

I prefer Splatoon’s extensive communication system of ‘booyah’ and ‘this way’, naturally.

26 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

You’re really gonna need to be on a mic and hope the rest of your team is as well to get anywhere in a game like Rogue Company.

Oh :(

36 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

I prefer Splatoon’s extensive communication system of ‘booyah’ and ‘this way’, naturally.

All too often 'Booyah' and 'Ouch' for me...

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Benny said:

Crysis is literally one of the most boring games to talk about in relation to the Switch.

Yeah well there’s not much else of the horizon right now. There’s Paper Mario which looks, fine, and Animal Crossing is still pulling in the crowds. But really what else is there to talk about right now? 

On 21/07/2020 at 18:13, Alex W. said:

Looks like I might be getting the joycon drift, Link's been taking a couple of steps after I stop walking, just kept on walking in first-person once, and on the calibration screen the joycon's sometimes a bit slow to slide back to the centre position when I've let go of the stick. Because it's a bit intermittent should I just wait until it's pretty noticeable? My Switch was only bought last September and I think the warranty's two years, right?

As I understand it the warranty is 1 year. In the US they will fix JoyCon drift for free even if out of warranty. In the UK the official line is that you will have to pay for the repair (if out of warranty).

Reports suggest, however, that Nintendo UK *will* fix JoyCons for free, even though if you speak to their helpline they have to give you the official line.

So either way you should be covered. This article explains the situation.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/24/nintendo-fix-joy-con-drift-problem-free-10450814/

• Upvote 1

For all you Ringfitters what would you say the youngest age would be?

Ive got a 4 1/2 yr old and a nine year old. Not worried about the older one, but don’t want the young one to feel left out. 

I have a 3 and a 5 year old that play along with us. They love it and can do nearly all of it. The 3yo needs help sometimes but we take it in turns and its great fun. 

I'd say your little one would have no problem 

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, Earlleft said:

I have a 3 and a 5 year old that play along with us. They love it and can do nearly all of it. The 3yo needs help sometimes but we take it in turns and its great fun. 

I'd say your little one would have no problem 

Magic cheers. 

Well I got crysis and holy shit it really is crysis in the palm of your hand. Amazing stuff. It did crash though, so just like crysis on the PC then!

Also one good thing, if you die the restarts are pretty much instant.

• Upvote 2
21 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

After rinsing Odyssey my 4 year old is now tracing the history thanks to the Switch. 
I’m surprised he’s got the patience as it’s so unforgiving - the rewind certainly helps. 

58050B38-81BD-4334-8A0E-24BAD5673A48.jpeg

Any recommendations for younglings?

I was thinking Yoshi - it has co-op right?

Or that actually a bit tough?

7 minutes ago, Gloomy Andy said:

Any recommendations for younglings?

I was thinking Yoshi - it has co-op right?

Or that actually a bit tough?

Yoshi is world class. They played it today, as usual. It’s been played everyday since we bought it in October. You MUST buy it. 

Booked in my joy-con L for repair. Now trying to decide between buying a second pair of Joy-cons that probably won't get used for multiplayer this year, or just not bothering to use Ring Fit until mine comes back...