IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

I wish they would put in wireless and rumble instead.

On a different topic: I got a new wireless headset for my home office, a Jabra Evolve2 65.  I heard some headsets like this that have their own usb dongle work with Switch so I decided to try but it doesn't seem to work properly. My headset connects but the audio is still coming from the switch. Is there anything I can do to make it work or is it just bad luck?

On 10/08/2020 at 09:22, gizmo1990 said:

Yep I'll keep the game, physical games only here! ;) Is it just a code that's included in the box or does the cart need to be inserted first to activate the sub?

You might need to revise that stance given how a lot of Switch games are digital or produced and distributed by companies like Limited Run Games.

EDIT: I might have taken this a little literally.

16 minutes ago, Sane said:

I wish they would put in wireless and rumble instead.

On a different topic: I got a new wireless headset for my home office, a Jabra Evolve2 65.  I heard some headsets like this that have their own usb dongle work with Switch so I decided to try but it doesn't seem to work properly. My headset connects but the audio is still coming from the switch. Is there anything I can do to make it work or is it just bad luck?

It’s a lottery as to whether a USB headset or a headset dongle works with Switch sadly.

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

You might need to revise that stance given how a lot of Switch games are digital or produced and distributed by companies like Limited Run Games.

EDIT: I might have taken this a little literally.

Haha, nope I mean't it! I only really buy physical. Very few games have managed to tempt me to pay dl and only then if it's not available physically. I'll always wait if there's a sniff of a title being released physically, for example Blazing Chrome. I accept I'm in the minority tho. :(

Assassins creed black flag any good on the switch?  Going to be spending more time on the switch and want something to sink my teeth into (doesn't have to be ac).  Been playing ac odyssey and enjoying it so something like that would be good.   Too damn hot in the back room where the pc is atm and got to rest my leg with it straight so been relegated to the switch largely.

On 10/08/2020 at 18:55, deKay said:

Thanks, but it’s not really what I’m looking for - I’m after something with a story to play through in co-op. Like the Lego games, but not them.

Also, it’s a Yogscast game so no.

just out of interest what is the issue with it being a Yogscast game? I haven't seen their content in ages have their been problems? Simon Lane always seemed like a very pleasant chap.

20 minutes ago, Clipper said:

just out of interest what is the issue with it being a Yogscast game? I haven't seen their content in ages have their been problems? Simon Lane always seemed like a very pleasant chap.

A number of their staff have had allegations of sexual misconduct made against them. They've since been removed but I can see why people wouldn't want to give them more money.

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

A number of their staff have had allegations of sexual misconduct made against them. They've since been removed but I can see why people wouldn't want to give them more money.

That is pretty shitty - can only hope they root it out fully. Their output at times did have a "laddish" quality to it - more in keeping with 90s than noughties. It is a shame as I quite liked the idea of two firends just starting something up that goes massive. But without decent guidance and HR there are pitfalls all over for a bunch of friends branching out into more and more stuff - that kickstarter disaster and the whole setup seemed too chaotic at times.

1 hour ago, davidcotton said:

Assassins creed black flag any good on the switch?  Going to be spending more time on the switch and want something to sink my teeth into (doesn't have to be ac).  Been playing ac odyssey and enjoying it so something like that would be good.   Too damn hot in the back room where the pc is atm and got to rest my leg with it straight so been relegated to the switch largely.

Yes, it's a good port.  I've put many hours into it, despite also having it on PS4.  Great for short sessions in handheld.

Mind you, Add Creed is one of my favourite series ever.

7 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

There was also their crowdfunded game they fucked everyone over with, but you’re right.

8 hours ago, davidcotton said:

Yes. It's one of the best games of its type and the port is better than the last gen versions. 

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Black Flag was one of the last ones with the bullshit eaves dropping quests. The piracy stuff was absolutely fucking great, mind. Get through the bullshit main quest when you have to and then plunder the living shit out of the Caribbean.

I still have one ( or maybe 2 ) of the Legendary ships to beat on my X1 playthrough before it is fully complete, every shitty icon on that map is GONE, bar the remaining ship/s, I go back every now and again to try and beat it, I get frustrated and give up, Black Flag was my first AC game and I still think it's the best one they have done.

Can someone recommend some good games to play online with a friend on another continent? So basically nothing where latency issues is going to spoil the experience too much.

We've played a lot of Mario Kart and Rocket League. Tried Smash but the lag was too bad. 

41 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Splatoon 2? 

I almost put that, as I LOVE Splatoon, but it really isn't easy to play with a friend in that game. It's more 'play online with people' than 'play online with a specific person'.

8 minutes ago, rgraves said:

I almost put that, as I LOVE Splatoon, but it really isn't easy to play with a friend in that game. It's more 'play online with people' than 'play online with a specific person'.

Can you do Salmon runs with friends? In the regular game usually one of us joins a battle and the others jump in. Not perfect but means we always get to game together. Considering Nintendo allows you to have your own teams during their splatfests it is very annoying that it’s not an option usually. 

23 hours ago, deerokus said:

Banner of the Maid looks promising. Very Jeanne D'Arc kind of appeal to it. Might have to buy it. 

Some of the character art is ludicrous but it looks pretty diverting. I've been looking for a strategy/tactical RPG after Fire Emblem and it looks pretty decent - unless of course there are any must haves in the genre (Fell Seal also looks interesting).

1 hour ago, friedgold said:

Some of the character art is ludicrous but it looks pretty diverting. I've been looking for a strategy/tactical RPG after Fire Emblem and it looks pretty decent - unless of course there are any must haves in the genre (Fell Seal also looks interesting).

Would Sir care to try Valkyria Chronicles 4? I got it while it was on sale last week and, overly long and indulgent expository scenes notwithstanding, I’m enjoying it. 

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Warfarme has a ridiculous learning curve as a barrier to entry but once you wrap your head around it it's a lot of game for free.

I'd definitely recommend Warframe on the Switch. It runs at 30fps instead of insane fps on PC but they actually managed to port that crazy game to something you can carry around with you. Also Warframe has one of the best F2P implementations around. It's possible to never pay a penny but even a small investment in premium currency will go a very long way.

There's so much damn game in there. They're also getting super fast at getting the major content updates out on console. Often day and date with PC now and if not only a matter of weeks behind.

19 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Can someone recommend some good games to play online with a friend on another continent? So basically nothing where latency issues is going to spoil the experience too much.

We've played a lot of Mario Kart and Rocket League. Tried Smash but the lag was too bad. 

Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics