IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

I feel like this happened with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess where for a couple of years after release everyone was like 'Yeah, it's proper shit, lol' then suddenly enough time had passed for it to be considered on its own terms and everyone realised they were good actually. 

Not me of course, I also thought they were good (Skyward Sword included) because I'm Mega-Cool. 

I played Skyward Sword for the first time a few years ago on the Wii U and thought it was lovely. A lot better than Twilight Princess, which I've tried three times but never been inspired to see through. The desert level towards the end of SS is especially great, and I never had a problem with the motion controls.

If Nintendo charge £60 for a straight port of a 9 year old game, though, without anything but the most rudimental of remastering, then they can suck my balls through my drawers.

2 hours ago, therearerules said:

I’m with the boss keys fellow when it comes to Zelda dungeons (ie, everything post mm has been disappointingly ‘follow the linear path’ when compared to oot and mm, except for botw, which don’t really feel like Zelda dungeons.

Nah, Majora’s Mask is weakest overall for dungeons IMO, great in other respects though. 

Nindie-World_08-17-20.jpg

Nintendo will host an Indie World Showcase live stream featuring roughly 20 minutes of information on upcoming indie games for Switch on August 18 at 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET / 17:00 p.m BST, the company announced. You will be able to watch it on YouTube or Nintendo.com.

20 hours ago, the_debaser said:

The linear shitshow that was skyward sword led directly to the development of BOTW, so we should be grateful for its existence. 

It’d be sort of nice to play it again just to remind us how far we’ve come. 

Skyward Sword is clear stepping stone towards BoTW, and not a rejection. The stamina meter and climbing is introduced in SS. As is weapon upgrades via item collection. SS also moves significant amount of puzzles outside the dungeons. BoTW 2 should steal timestones. All games should steal timestones. 

Genuinely miss the tactile nature of the combat in SS, bombs were the only things that gave me trouble. The only backtracking I minded was tadpoles, everything else reused old areas in interesting ways. It has some great dungeons and bosses, and of course Groose. It's magnificent game, and I will die on this hill. 

SS can retain the same controls for TV. It used motion plus for relative movement, even pointing. I believe the Switch still has that. 

2 hours ago, Revival said:

Nindie-World_08-17-20.jpg

Nintendo will host an Indie World Showcase live stream featuring roughly 20 minutes of information on upcoming indie games for Switch on August 18 at 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET / 17:00 p.m BST, the company announced. You will be able to watch it on YouTube or Nintendo.com.

Ooh in line with recent rumours which also suggested an actual direct to follow later on August.