rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Something branded like Sandisk or Kingston. Don’t get the Switch branded ones as they’re expensive.

• Upvote 1

Just now, deKay said:

Something branded like Sandisk or Kingston. Don’t get the Switch branded ones as they’re expensive.

Thank you sir :)

For those that don't know all Nintendo is doing regarding 3rd party codes is exactly the same shit Sony does. It's utter bullshit of course. 

Oh and crysis remastered is 27 quid on switch. Which is okay and a mile better than EA and Burnout remastered.

8 hours ago, RastanSaga said:

Am I looking for a particular micro sd card?

I. Bought Wolfenstein youngblood from cdkeys earlier.

I've pretty much had to archive everything else!

Advice appreciated.

I've searched and even on eBay it looks like some are actually branded for switch.

Thought I'd ask as I know you will know what's best.

Thank you x

I grabbed this recently, you'll want this sort of rated card for quick read speeds 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073JYC4XM?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

• Upvote 1

Perfy, thank you.

I have a Kingston, same size on my ebay watchlist, both similar priced.

16 hours ago, BabelRich said:

Ta - so they are just stopping their own Nintendo published titles then - not all titles full stop. And they are still allowing eshop credit, online memberships etc

It did note, however, that retailers will still be able to sell digital download codes for third-party titles as well as for Nintendo eShop funds, Nintendo Switch Online memberships, and DLC add-on content such as the recent Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass.

A shame, but not quite as drastic as ShopTo might have you think - I mean, they can still choose to sell credit, DLC, and 3rd-party titles if they want to, it's not a total banhammer.

You have to think this is goign to be tied somehow to the 'voucher' system - I think they want to drive first-party sales through that if they can.

1 minute ago, rgraves said:

You have to think this is goign to be tied somehow to the 'voucher' system - I think they want to drive first-party sales through that if they can.

The voucher system they've already axed in other regions?

• Empathy 1

Just now, deKay said:

The voucher system they've already axed in other regions?

Not axed no - it's still running in EMEA and APAC - just not in NA (where it always had a fixed end date the other regions didn't). And this 'ban' is just for EMEA, where that scheme is still running.... so yeah.

1 minute ago, rgraves said:

Ta - so they are just stopping their own Nintendo published titles then - not all titles full stop. And they are still allowing eshop credit, online memberships etc

A shame, but not quite as drastic as ShopTo might have you think - I mean, they can still choose to sell credit and 3rd-party titles if they want to, it's not a total banhammer.

More than a shame. It's awful for the consumer. About an extra £10 a game. Some games had an even bigger saving and I only buy digital. And to be honest I mainly just buy Nintendo titles on the Switch so pretty much a blanket ban for me.

Plus it's now going to drive people to buying more games from other countries eshops which will likely cost them more money in the long run unless they plan on dropping prices.

• Upvote 1

Is this another example of a video game company on top making shitty decisions before a fall? 

How gracious of them, LOL. Seems like it's only a matter of time for any given joycon.. bigger question is - have they fixed it for the Switch Lite?

2 hours ago, Hoodedclaw said:

Do nintendo fix joy con drift for free i cant seem to find a definitive answer ?

I'm not in the UK, but just had two of mine done. The red which came with it, and the pink from a set I bought. The repair centers were shut for the virus, but once they opened I very quickly got a UPS label. Once mailed, it only took a few days before I had them back. 

The paperwork said part replaced, so I'm not sure what they did. Put new sticks in? They feel new, like the purple and orange set I bought recently. 

Are 3rd party grips OK? I don't need one that charges, just something to literally hold them together. We went to do 4 player AC last night, and I realized I was one grip short. Seen a third party one for $10.

21 hours ago, Nequests said:

Did they actually release the blue one in the west? I'm guessing that's an import price.

You're right. Managed to get one from Play Asia including postage for £27 which seemed more reasonable.

5 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Ha, my left Joy Con has developed the dreaded stick drift after 18 months of use. I need to try the recalibration to see if that works first.

According to this Tech Radar article Nintendo are now accepting this as an issue and are fixing free of charge:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.techradar.com/amp/news/nintendo-finally-apologizes-for-joy-con-drift-amid-lawsuit

Just try some WD-40 Dry Contact Cleaner and spray it while moving the stick around. The problem is likely a bit of dirt stuck in the joycon, it’s fixed it every time I’ve got the problem. 

• Upvote 1

Switch sales this week in Japan have been a bit on the big side with it selling 93,000 machines for the week and animal crossing passing over 5 million copies in japan. In total the Switch sold around 91 percent of all console sales for the week. Astonishing.

Animal Crossing is going to end up the biggest selling game of all time in Japan. It'll take a while, but it's hard to see it not happening now. 

I got one of those Switch Bluetooth earphone adapters and I’ve been getting a lot of delay on the audio. I thought it was just how these are. I don’t have aptxLL earphones. But when I connect it to the PS4 (it comes with an adaptor) there doesn’t seem to be any lag at all. Is this normal for these kinds of adaptors?

Could it be because the Switch is a handheld and has no display lag, whereas the TV lag on the PS4 matches up to the headphone lag?

Edit - I forgot I could check that last thing with the Switch docked. Definitely the same audio lag as handheld. Hmm.

The answer is probably at the moment  NO!

but i don't suppose anybody anywhere here  knows if a new Switch will come out? 

A small Nintendo gaming box with the tech it in would be amazing.

4 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

I doubt it. They can’t seem to make the current models fast enough as it is.

5 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

You mean like a Switch home console? The console is half battery so it could be pretty tiny but I don’t know that anyone expects them to.

12 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

I got one of those Switch Bluetooth earphone adapters and I’ve been getting a lot of delay on the audio. I thought it was just how these are. I don’t have aptxLL earphones. But when I connect it to the PS4 (it comes with an adaptor) there doesn’t seem to be any lag at all. Is this normal for these kinds of adaptors?

Could it be because the Switch is a handheld and has no display lag, whereas the TV lag on the PS4 matches up to the headphone lag?

Edit - I forgot I could check that last thing with the Switch docked. Definitely the same audio lag as handheld. Hmm.

It probably doesn’t help, but I use a PS headset with a usb dongle and get no lag at all (or none that I notice anyway). So it’s not a Switch hardware thing.

Yeah, I just tried a wired headset off USB and there’s no lag. So the dongle for some reason picks up more lag with whatever format the Switch USB port is laying down than the PS4. Weird.

14 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Yeah, I just tried a wired headset off USB and there’s no lag. So the dongle for some reason picks up more lag with whatever format the Switch USB port is laying down than the PS4. Weird.

Hmm I don’t get lag using my PS gold headset and dongle with the Switch. 

32 minutes ago, RastanSaga said:

Arrived Earlier. Going to start it later :)

Megaman X Legacy.

IMG_20200704_183713.jpg

Have you taken it to bed with you?