Nintendo Switch

Already have Overcooked and Snipperclips. Heave Ho seems a similar sort of thing. Looking more for something story based to work through - like the Lego games and Knights and Bikes.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Already have Overcooked and Snipperclips. Heave Ho seems a similar sort of thing. Looking more for something story based to work through - like the Lego games and Knights and Bikes.

Have you tried Unravel 2?

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, deKay said:

Looking for a cheap but decent co-op game to fill a week off with my daughter. Not Lego, we’ve done those! Something like Knights and Bikes, I’m thinking. Any suggestions?

The Stretchers!

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, deKay said:

Looking for a cheap but decent co-op game to fill a week off with my daughter. Not Lego, we’ve done those! Something like Knights and Bikes, I’m thinking. Any suggestions?

https://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/drink-more-glurp-review/

I've had a lot of fun with this over the last few days. It's kind of a mix of QWOP, Fall Guys and Heave Ho, with lots more events and variety to it. It's great. 

39 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

https://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/drink-more-glurp-review/

I've had a lot of fun with this over the last few days. It's kind of a mix of QWOP, Fall Guys and Heave Ho, with lots more events and variety to it. It's great. 

Thanks, but it’s not really what I’m looking for - I’m after something with a story to play through in co-op. Like the Lego games, but not them.

Also, it’s a Yogscast game so no.

• Upvote 1

I wish they would put in wireless and rumble instead.

On a different topic: I got a new wireless headset for my home office, a Jabra Evolve2 65.  I heard some headsets like this that have their own usb dongle work with Switch so I decided to try but it doesn't seem to work properly. My headset connects but the audio is still coming from the switch. Is there anything I can do to make it work or is it just bad luck?

On 10/08/2020 at 09:22, gizmo1990 said:

Yep I'll keep the game, physical games only here! ;) Is it just a code that's included in the box or does the cart need to be inserted first to activate the sub?

You might need to revise that stance given how a lot of Switch games are digital or produced and distributed by companies like Limited Run Games.

EDIT: I might have taken this a little literally.

16 minutes ago, Sane said:

I wish they would put in wireless and rumble instead.

On a different topic: I got a new wireless headset for my home office, a Jabra Evolve2 65.  I heard some headsets like this that have their own usb dongle work with Switch so I decided to try but it doesn't seem to work properly. My headset connects but the audio is still coming from the switch. Is there anything I can do to make it work or is it just bad luck?

It’s a lottery as to whether a USB headset or a headset dongle works with Switch sadly.

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

You might need to revise that stance given how a lot of Switch games are digital or produced and distributed by companies like Limited Run Games.

EDIT: I might have taken this a little literally.

Haha, nope I mean't it! I only really buy physical. Very few games have managed to tempt me to pay dl and only then if it's not available physically. I'll always wait if there's a sniff of a title being released physically, for example Blazing Chrome. I accept I'm in the minority tho. :(

• Upvote 1

Assassins creed black flag any good on the switch?  Going to be spending more time on the switch and want something to sink my teeth into (doesn't have to be ac).  Been playing ac odyssey and enjoying it so something like that would be good.   Too damn hot in the back room where the pc is atm and got to rest my leg with it straight so been relegated to the switch largely.

On 10/08/2020 at 18:55, deKay said:

Thanks, but it’s not really what I’m looking for - I’m after something with a story to play through in co-op. Like the Lego games, but not them.

Also, it’s a Yogscast game so no.

just out of interest what is the issue with it being a Yogscast game? I haven't seen their content in ages have their been problems? Simon Lane always seemed like a very pleasant chap.

20 minutes ago, Clipper said:

just out of interest what is the issue with it being a Yogscast game? I haven't seen their content in ages have their been problems? Simon Lane always seemed like a very pleasant chap.

A number of their staff have had allegations of sexual misconduct made against them. They've since been removed but I can see why people wouldn't want to give them more money.

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

A number of their staff have had allegations of sexual misconduct made against them. They've since been removed but I can see why people wouldn't want to give them more money.

That is pretty shitty - can only hope they root it out fully. Their output at times did have a "laddish" quality to it - more in keeping with 90s than noughties. It is a shame as I quite liked the idea of two firends just starting something up that goes massive. But without decent guidance and HR there are pitfalls all over for a bunch of friends branching out into more and more stuff - that kickstarter disaster and the whole setup seemed too chaotic at times.

1 hour ago, davidcotton said:

Assassins creed black flag any good on the switch?  Going to be spending more time on the switch and want something to sink my teeth into (doesn't have to be ac).  Been playing ac odyssey and enjoying it so something like that would be good.   Too damn hot in the back room where the pc is atm and got to rest my leg with it straight so been relegated to the switch largely.

Yes, it's a good port.  I've put many hours into it, despite also having it on PS4.  Great for short sessions in handheld.

Mind you, Add Creed is one of my favourite series ever.

• Upvote 2