Nintendo Switch

deKay

You're still right, though. A lot of games do look good at 4K with no effort at all.

With cel-shaded and other stylised/vector games that barely use any texturing in the first place it's very easy to upscale them. Forgiving the rasterised UI elements Gamecube Viewtiful Joe looks incredible at 4K.

29 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I suspect that Super Metroid and Breath of the Wild 2 have been in development for the newer Switch version for a while now.

You mean the same way that BotW was made for the Wii U, but worked a bit better on the Switch?

Yeah, that's fine, 60+ million people will be able to play BotW just fine as they are, some will buy a new console to get it looking better, but there is NO WAY Nintendo will cut off all those customers and make it Switch Pro / Plus ? Super etc exclusive, Nintendo love money too much.

2 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

You mean the same way that BotW was made for the Wii U, but worked a bit better on the Switch?

Yeah, that's fine, 60+ million people will be able to play BotW just fine as they are, some will buy a new console to get it looking better, but there is NO WAY Nintendo will cut off all those customers and make it Switch Pro / Plus ? Super etc exclusive, Nintendo love money too much.

You make a very good point. I can't really add anything to that.

Yep, and Nintendo were pretty much the first to do mid-generation refreshes with exclusive games no fucker ever bought but runs some existing games slightly better and all of them at least as well.

That trick was pulled with both the DS/DSi and 3DS/New 3DS.  There's every chance they'll do a Switch Pro that works the same way.

You sh

1 hour ago, Rob Rule said:

https://store.nintendo.co.jp/customize2.html

Bah. Wish Nintendo would bring their custom joycons to the West, although I doubt they will. I'd order a left orange and a right purple in a heartbeat to make two matching pairs from the second best joycon colours. 

maxresdefault.jpg

https://dbrand.com/shop/Nintendo-switch-skins is the next best thing to their Japanese colours. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Brilliant, thanks for the link. Best price I've ever seen official joycons for, and I need new ones since the contact cleaner trick has stopped working on my left one.

Is anybody using the Mayflash usb adaptor for the Switch? Is it any good?

My kids JoyCons are drifting like mad and I'm constantly spraying them with contact cleaner, it works for a wee while and then it starts again.

We were considering getting a Pro Controller for him, but I wondered if the Mayflash with an Xbox controller might work just as well ( we have several spare Xbox one controllers) and save a bit of cash.

if the Mayflash isn't great though I'd prob end up buying the controller in a few months anyway so wondering if I'm just delaying the inevitable.

As an aside, we have multiple Switches in the house and each and every single JoyCon drifts in some fashion. It's in my top few consoles of all time but I do wonder if the hardware faults will taint its legacy.

4 minutes ago, Marlew said:

@Alshie MayFlash adaptor works perfectly fine but it's still expensive enough for a bit of a faff. Maybe get one second hand until you get a Pro Controller?

Thanks! That's good to know. Yeah I'll have a wee look 2nd hand. I'm leaning towards just getting the Pro (he has birthday money but was just trying to save a bit of cash) :)

3 hours ago, Alshie said:

Is anybody using the Mayflash usb adaptor for the Switch? Is it any good?

My kids JoyCons are drifting like mad and I'm constantly spraying them with contact cleaner, it works for a wee while and then it starts again.

We were considering getting a Pro Controller for him, but I wondered if the Mayflash with an Xbox controller might work just as well ( we have several spare Xbox one controllers) and save a bit of cash.

if the Mayflash isn't great though I'd prob end up buying the controller in a few months anyway so wondering if I'm just delaying the inevitable.

As an aside, we have multiple Switches in the house and each and every single JoyCon drifts in some fashion. It's in my top few consoles of all time but I do wonder if the hardware faults will taint its legacy.

I've got one of the 8bitdo adapters and it works perfectly with my dualshock 4. 

Only thing is button prompts for those who don't play games regularly. 

On 29/08/2020 at 15:35, Alshie said:

I didn't realise this until I actually bought one, but the pro controller has motion control functionality built in. So, you can aim by tilting the controller, you can shake it to do stuff in mario, that sort of thing. So it wouldn't work the same.