Nintendo Switch

deKay

I got a win about 5 games in. It definitely feels quite Battle Royale-y. Starting off quite slow, just rinsing 1-1 and 1-2 a few times to get enough time/coins/the fire flower. I'll be honest I won by getting early time on the board and then quite slowly playing Mario whilst trying to kill as much as possible. 

Sorry to hijack the thread guys but i have just had a switch as an early Christmas present a few weeks ago and i have an issue with it and i don't know if i am being thick.

How to i add a passcode so if god forbid it gets lost or stolen i can stop people getting into the device. 

21 hours ago, Sprite Machine said:

8Bitdo bluetooth adapters  But I've just realised the dongle is quite big and the rear USB port might not have enough clearance for it to fit inside. Has anyone used one of these dongles and does it fit inside the dock?

Answering my own question (and anyone else wondering) but yes, it is just about small enough to fit in the rear USB slot with a bit of a squeeze between the power and HDMI cables. :)

(Which is all well and good but I seem to have a faulty one as it doesn't bloody work. :angry: )

13 minutes ago, Sprite Machine said:

Answering my own question (and anyone else wondering) but yes, it is just about small enough to fit in the rear USB slot with a bit of a squeeze between the power and HDMI cables. :)

(Which is all well and good but I seem to have a faulty one as it doesn't bloody work. :angry: )

I think you have to update them

21 hours ago, Gambit said:

I got my first win just after 3 games. It feels like it goes on forever if you're one of the last survivors. It took ages to whittle it down from the Top 6. I guess I was expecting (hoping) for a full frenetic fast paced, in and out (oo-er) experience.

I know what you mean, you'd expect it to be madness at the end but it's more of a war of attrition.

7 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

I think you have to update them

I've updated the firmware on the dongle. The PS4 controller successfully pairs with it (light turns solid, controller rumbles), but it doesn't actually control anything. None of the buttons do anything. And I've turned on the 'Wired Pro Controller' settings in the Switch menu that it tells you to. Tried all three USB ports and two different PS4 controllers. Still nothing. :(

EDIT: Sorted it. For anyone wondering, you have to change the "mode" of the device by holding down two buttons on the controller for three seconds. For Nintendo Switch mode, it's Select (Share) and L1.

2 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Is the Ring Fit worth getting?

Outside of Ring Fit Adventure does it have any other "compatible" games?

Yes, no. 

Depends on your situation. It has been absolutely brilliant for lockdown. My wife and I do about thirty minutes each every morning and gamifying exercise has really helped keep us going. 

If you have a home gym set up or regularly enjoy going out for a run, or maybe go to the gyms now they've been reopening, perhaps it's not the godsend it was for us. 

But it's probably better trying to find a proper fitness person to weigh in on whether it's actually a good range of exercises. 

The adventure is really really simple in terms of story and strategy. It's just a device for making you do exercises but it's very effective at making you go longer than you would if simply asked to do a bunch of reps. 

Anyone got a charging dock for the pro controllers and joycon?

Looking at something like this to make sure things are always fully charged. 

Nintendo Switch Charging Dock KINGTOP 6 in 1 Charger Docking Station with Individual LED Indicator and Type-C USB Cable for Joy-Con and Pro Controller https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0788NGN4L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_Oo3EFb9JS7XPD

1 hour ago, Jonny5 said:

Anyone got a charging dock for the pro controllers and joycon?

Looking at something like this to make sure things are always fully charged. 

Nintendo Switch Charging Dock KINGTOP 6 in 1 Charger Docking Station with Individual LED Indicator and Type-C USB Cable for Joy-Con and Pro Controller https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0788NGN4L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_Oo3EFb9JS7XPD

My eldest has one of those and says it’s brilliant. And the lights look really good.

Looks nice! Decent price considering it'll work on PC as well. I have the Brook Xbox 360 > Wii U adapter to use my old Mad Catz sticks on Switch and the 8bitdo NES30 wireless stick but I just end up playing Street Fighter in handheld mode mostly. Or in tabletop mode with the 8bitdo M30 (saturn style) pad if I'm fighting real people. WiFi is terrible for fighting games online but sometimes it's my only choice, haha.

My girlfriend and I recently played some Switch together, we hit Mario Kart hard and played some Ultimate Chicken Horse and the real winner was Heave Ho. 

Looking for some suggestions for this weekends action!  

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

My girlfriend and I recently played some Switch together, we hit Mario Kart hard and played some Ultimate Chicken Horse and the real winner was Heave Ho. 

Super Mario Party.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Guacamelee, Unravel Two, Stretchers, Overcooked, Snipperclips.

All good games.