Nintendo Switch

19 hours ago, Stanley said:

How does it devalue it? I think it’d be great if the price was right, but with joycons rather than Pro Controller - multiplayer out of the box and compatible with stuff like Ring Fit Adventure. 

Yes I think that’s actually a better idea. 

2 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Has anyone seen any good prices on the pro pad, £55 is best I’ve seen!?

Despite owning an additional 8bitdo SF30, SF30 Pro and M30, I’m also keen to hear about good deals on the pro pass. 

Speaking of which, the left Dpad button on my left joycon has stopped working, in addition to one of the LEDs. Guess I’ll need to send it in for repair - the second time I’ll have had to do so. Terrible build quality. 

New to switch. Looking in the store last night at software with demos. Landed up buying venture kid for 89p love it.

Read reviews after purchase, I personally think it's great, really lovely. I think the biggest criticism of it is (by reviewers) it fails in creating its own identity.

I played through the first two stages before bed and I really think it's great.

Recommended! Especially at 89p if I'd of paid 9.99....even though I've played very little so far, I'd of not been dissatisfied.

Edit - sorry, this probably belonged in eshop chatter.

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, Mallet said:

I bought a Switch earlier as I really want to play the Xenoblade games. I find the default controller to be awful tbh, too small and I get cramped hands if I play for any length of time.

Pro Controller for docked play is a game changer, superb pad. 

Hori Split Pad Pro is the most comfortable option for handheld play by far, albeit it lacks rumble and gyro. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Marlew said:

Pro Controller for docked play is a game changer, superb pad. 

Hori Split Pad Pro is the most comfortable option for handheld play by far, albeit it lacks rumble and gyro. 

I picked up a pro controller this morning, so much better.

• Upvote 1
On 12/09/2020 at 16:50, Shimmyhill said:

Has anyone seen any good prices on the pro pad, £55 is best I’ve seen!?

Pretty much, I eventually bought it with 2 years of Clubcard vouchers.

• Upvote 1

I probably wouldn’t have bought one without using a jammy Amazon discount code someone kindly shared in the trading folder, which got me £25 off mine. Having used it extensively, I actually kick myself for not buying it sooner, and I probably think the £55 would pretty much be worth it.  

I saw this one recommended on here. Can't remember who said it, sorry... anyway, looks like the shitty player 2 pad you give your mate so he's rubbish, but it actually feels pretty good to use and I find it's easier to find the buttons than on the pro. It's a bit light compared to the nice heft of the pro but ... bargain at less than half the price. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QXVKKM6/

• Upvote 1

Quick question. I only have a switch light right now, so ive only bought games from the eshop for it. Ive just bought a 'real' switch. Please tell me I can play all my games on the new one with mt account.

Anyone had the issue of one the mini SL or SR buttons on a detached joycon not working? 

Mine suddenly seems to have stopped and it's not picking the SL button up in the system test. Just wondering if it's a known issue/easy fix.

Are the LEDs working?

I had similar very recently (SL, SR and LEDs stopped working on one Joycon) and repaired it with a £5 part. There's a ribbon cable that connects the SL/SR/LED panel to the rest of the controller, and that had folded and snapped. Just needed to replace that part (they're available on eBay and Amazon) and it's working a charm again.

PARTNER mini direct tomorrow - all note the use of the word PARTNER

There will be no Wave Race, no F Zero, no surprise Splatoon 3, no ARMS2

This of course won't stop some claiming they are sure they saw a new Advance Wars in their eShop coming soon section

Hopefully a release date of NMH III and more info in Bayonetta 3 as well  :)

It'd have to be somewhat spectacular as I'd wager it's set against the PS5 presentation, so the kids don't forget about the Switch all of a sudden.

Tbh, I don't see Wave Race, F-Zero, Splatoon 3 nor ARMS2 happening any time soon.

On 14/09/2020 at 13:47, moosegrinder said:

And it's worth every single penny if you play docked often. There are some bootleg ones on things like AliExpress that people have bought, someone should be able to give you a link and a heads up on how they are.

My Splatoon clone pro pad works works great. The rumble isn't HD, and there's no NFC, but it cost about £17. And the build quality is very nice.

Admittedly I wish it worked via BT on PC, which it doesn't seem to want to do.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Hoodedclaw said:

i paid £16 for one of these in a lighting deal - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08725YC6S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If yea on a budget they are well made and it works 

I've got one of those for doing co-op on the switch. Have a Pro and use this one from Amazon as the second, is a great controller, only downside is it doesn't hold a charge for too long.

4 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Hopefully a release date of NMH III and more info in Bayonetta 3 as well  :)

It'd have to be somewhat spectacular as I'd wager it's set against the PS5 presentation, so the kids don't forget about the Switch all of a sudden.

I hope so. The last two have been so shit I wont even bother watching live. 

Mind you, they didn’t announce them ahead of time like this one so....