Nintendo Switch

2 minutes ago, Popo said:

To be fair I hadn't checked how much it was on the Playstation Store, where it's £32.99.  All very comparable, but the PS4 version nets you the PS5 version as well, and that'll surely be the ultimate edition of the Ultimate Edition.

Chances of me having a PS5 any time soon are nill I'm afraid...

anyways, I goes through to the big telly to try it again to see how it looked and it says there are 'no more trial sessions available' - I've only played it twice for 5 minutes a pop!!!!

The Hyrule Warriors demo took me 2 hours to see through to the end and I can keep playing it and grinding some leves while I wait on the full release, likewise Pikmin 3!

What's determining how good it is under perfect conditions, is simply what version they're running on what hardware in the backend.

It'll presumably be a PC version with the menus customised to hide this fact running on whatever they decided to budget.

Personally think the base PS4 version is better on all counts, no lag and cleaner looking with no artefacts or compression - that version isn’t without issues either where frame rate is concerned but I’d still choose it over Switch. 

5 hours ago, phresh said:

It would be great if they implemented Geforce Now (+ local Gamestream), the Switch it uses pretty similar hardware to the Shield TV and it all works fine on that.

Rainway is still coming.

I mean, it clearly never is.

9 hours ago, scottcr said:

Chances of me having a PS5 any time soon are nill I'm afraid...

anyways, I goes through to the big telly to try it again to see how it looked and it says there are 'no more trial sessions available' - I've only played it twice for 5 minutes a pop!!!!

The Hyrule Warriors demo took me 2 hours to see through to the end and I can keep playing it and grinding some leves while I wait on the full release, likewise Pikmin 3!

Does your Hyrule Warriors save carry on from the demo to the full release?

Now I've got the Switch (with Mario Odyssey) I thought I'd ask this lovely forum for some more recommendations. Zelda BOTW is a given - I'll be buying that for myself immediately but aside from these 2 games, which others are recommended? 

Top 5s? 

Just now, Boothjan said:

Now I've got the Switch (with Mario Odyssey) I thought I'd ask this lovely forum for some more recommendations. Zelda BOTW is a given - I'll be buying that for myself immediately but aside from these 2 games, which others are recommended? 

Top 5s? 

Mario vs Rabbids

30 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Top 5s? 

At the risk of saying games you've played elsewhere:

• Baba is You
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • Return of the Obra Dinn
  • West of Loathing
  • Dark Souls
4 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Are any of the Resident Evil games on switch worth a go? I've got RE4 obviously but never played any of the others that are on the eshop...

This is a very broad answered question depending on who you ask. My short answer is probably not. The remake of 1 and Zero are clunky as fuck, and 5 and 6 are bad/cheeseball fun depending who you ask.

2 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Top 5s? 

Leaving out BotW and MO, and picking only from those I've played:

1. Splatoon 2
  2. Dragon Quest XI
  3. Mario vs Rabbids
  4. Hyrule Warriors
  5. Astral Chain

Christ, what a collection of 7 titles that is...all playable on the lav :D

Honorable mentions (as long as you've not already played them elsewhere):

• Mario Kart
  • Alien Isolation
  • Pikmin 3
  • Dark Souls
  • Switcher
35 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

This is a very broad answered question depending on who you ask. My short answer is probably not. The remake of 1 and Zero are clunky as fuck, and 5 and 6 are bad/cheeseball fun depending who you ask.

What about revelations? 

2 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Top 5s? 

ARMS

5 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Are any of the Resident Evil games on switch worth a go? I've got RE4 obviously but never played any of the others that are on the eshop...

REmake is stellar.

Zero, 5, 6, and Revelations 1 are bad.

Revelations 2 is alright.

33 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

What about revelations? 

They're barely Resident Evil games. @PyramidFace is right, 2 is fine. I guess it depends how much it is, they're usually overpriced on Switch even on sale.

Just checked, for six quid and change I'd say probably? I think it's telling that no-one can go "FUCK YEAH BUY REVELATIONS 2!"

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

They're barely Resident Evil games. @PyramidFace is right, 2 is fine. I guess it depends how much it is, they're usually overpriced on Switch even on sale.

Just checked, for six quid and change I'd say probably? I think it's telling that no-one can go "FUCK YEAH BUY REVELATIONS 2!"

Hmm REmake I've never played.. what about RE0?

26 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Hmm REmake I've never played.. what about RE0?

Zero is uninspired crap and always was. I actually consider it the worst in the series, at least 6 was trying something, even if that wasn't at all what you want from a resi game. 

38 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

5 is a great action co op game. One of my favourite co op games.

It's not a particularly good RE game though. It's still worth playing especially if you have someone you can play it with.

Yeah completely agree. The whole game is set during the day time for one thing!