Nintendo Switch

There won't be another MK this gen. Wasn't MK8DX in the top 10 best selling games of last year? There's no way they're gonna cut the legs off that. Mario Kart is the very definition of 'Evergreen'. 

I could see another Arms from the studio this year or next, though. Given Min Min has ended up in Smash, I could see them working on a sequel. 

8 Deluxe was maybe a 6 month job at best.

If they have the time to make extremely niche games like Pikmin 3 and ARMS that have flop written all over them, they can at the very least give us low effort HD remixes of Wave Race 64 and F-Zero X

Have you been forgotten already MK Live?

Honestly, after playing Forza Horizon 4 lately i really hope Nintendo takes the open world approach to Mario Kart. There could be some crazy events featuring other Nintendo characters, GP's, race your friends and whatever else could fit in. Effectively playing the game co op with friends as well sounds like a big change up and timed events could be a thing, considering the mobile version does similar things.

Mario kart has become stale and really needs to try a bigger approach at changing the formula up a notch.

But this is Nintendo...

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

And on the one hand you’re berating them for being lazy, on the other you’re begging for N64 ports :wacko:

This. So much this.

Let's be clear. He just wants specific remakes or series to be revived. Many of us would. But not doing that just makes them infuriating, not lazy or resting on their laurels.

I would love to see them do less sequals and remakes and make more original content that doesn't involve care board or RC cars I really want but don't have room for.

But I just don't see it whilst they have this gravy train. I also don't really see any other major publisher doing anything different. Endless sequals, remakes or get more repetitive trash made to the same tired blueprints.

Bought another Switch after a year or so of not owning one, activated the 7 day Nintendo Online trial to redownload my saves only to find out Nintendo kindly delete them all unless you resubscribe within six months. Guess I’m starting again on literally everything. 

How long do you think they should hold the data of people who have stopped subscribing?

Im sorry for your loss - Nintendo have pissed me off in the past too - but I think the 6 month limit is well publicised. 

Well, Steam still has my Alien Swarm save which I last played ten years ago and that’s always a free service, so at least that long. 

Didn’t even occur to me that Nintendo would delete them but maybe that’s just my PC gaming background. 

Apparently a port of Orcarina of Time is on the cards for Zelda’s 35th anniversary.

How many remakes has this game had?

What about the truly legendary Zelda, LTTP. It’s the game’s 30th coming up, surely it’s more deserving?

It’s also Fzero’s 30th. Nothing but silence.

44 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

LTTP has been available on every platform since the Wii. I'm not sure what you'd do with it, really, to make it stand out?

Remake it in the Link's Awakening remake engine. That wouldn't make me buy it, when I grow old and the memory of those I love fade from my head, a significant portion of Lttp's map will still be in there. A item location randomizer like speed runners use might make me bite, though. 

I don't want an FZero remake. I want F-Zero SX. GX still looks and runs phenomenally, the Switch should be capable of blowing it out of the park. Online, story mode, car customisation, nose bleeds, I want the works. 

4 hours ago, probotector said:

They’ve had 8 years to make it.

It better be good!

But it’ll probably be a minor upgrade because they’ve spent the last decade fucking about playing with cardboard boxes when they should be focusing on providing us with a decent online service worth £18 a year. 

I think £18 a year for the online service isn't that bad really - it's £1.50 a month.  I paid £1.10 for a packet of crisps the other day (much to my disgust). 

How much are the others consoles yearly costs?

3 hours ago, probotector said:

Apparently a port of Orcarina of Time is on the cards for Zelda’s 35th anniversary.

How many remakes has this game had?

What about the truly legendary Zelda, LTTP. It’s the game’s 30th coming up, surely it’s more deserving?

It’s also Fzero’s 30th. Nothing but silence.

Source? They haven’t made any announcements yet, and it’s also Metroid’s 30th anniversary. Ocarina has had one remake, on 3DS, ALTTP is available on the Switch Online sub.

Why is it trolling to demand more from Nintendo.

This has always been the problem with us Nintendo fanboys. Even our dreams are small.

Imagine a LTTP remake with amazing remixes of its music, cut scenes and the dark world gimmick in 3D. OoT can have its time in 2027! 

A ROM on the online service isn’t good enough. 

At least a Links Awakening style release would be amazing! Or maybe between both worlds that I never got round to getting!

16 hours ago, probotector said:

Guys,

Calm down! I love the switch! It’s actually my only current “live” console.

I just think on a software front, Nintendo are being very lazy and could release more. Especially now where they only have 1 platform to cater towards. In past generations, their handhelds became home to games like Fzero. 

When you take out all the WiiU ports, they’ve actually released very little.

In fact, Nintendo right now are so predictable, I sold my WiiU shortly after playing 3D world because I knew they were going to rehash all their games on their next console and I was right. 

Making bank on ports is great, but what else are they doing?

I seriously expect BIG things from Switch Pro are we’ve technically lost out on a true Mario Kart sequel for instance.

haven't nintendo released more first party titles than sony and microsoft

10 hours ago, probotector said:

It’s free on PC since the dawn of time. 

True - but I wouldn't say you can quite compare considering there isn't a unified service across all games/social stuff unless you and anyone you want to interact with are exclusively buying games from only one vendor e.g Steam or the like.

By the same merits Sony and Microsoft are taking the piss with their service then.

27 minutes ago, Dr Nookie said:

Golly!

It gives me motion sickness and a headache almost immediately at this point. I went back to it recently but, like PSVR for me, the nauseating sensation is almost like muscle memory now.

I can understand and forgive it on some cheapo indie eShop crud but for a fifty quid Nintendo game, I think it's awful. 

No doubt there will be plenty of people who can tolerate it perfectly fine or 'don't notice' the lurching framerate but it's simply a fact that the performance is one of constant fluctuations. 

9 hours ago, Stanley said:

Why should I? Troll away, I don’t care.

I care because every time I open this thread hoping to read something interesting about my favourite console, it is instead the same dull argument that people have been having for, ooh, 20 years about whether Nintendo know what they are doing or not.

I think it's pretty clear with online Nintendo continue to not know what they're doing.

But this time they've lucked into something pretty good other than their bizarre gatekeeping of which games are allowed cloud saves.

32 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Report it if it’s bothering you.

You can’t report people for having opinions, that’s ridiculous, if someone doesn’t like the current thread of discussion they should be an adult and ignore it. The mods have enough work as it is.  It is a Switch thread so people are allowed to discuss whatever they like about the console, whether that’s positive or negative. Personally these discussions are much more enjoyable than the usual technical issues and Q&A that these console threads are usually filled with post launch. 

There is a separate thread somewhere to discuss Nintendo which might be better for resurrecting for this kind of chat. I love the Switch, arguably my favourite console ever, it doesn’t mean that I believe Nintendo are free from critique. There’s a bizarre small minority on here who greet every critique of  Nintendo as a personal insult. There can be a separate thread for people to discuss this topic but a cabal will pile into it as if someone has taken a piss on their cornflakes.