IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

Looking for a recommendation:

I sometimes use my Switch handheld but on a plastic stand with a Pro controller. This is often in a room with patchy wifi so I plug in an ethernet cable to the USB C socket. However, if I do this I obviously can't then charge it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a USB C hub splitter for the Switch which I can plug both an ethernet cable (potentially via USB or direct) and a power cable into at the same time, if that is possible?

I can see quite a lot of products like that but unclear which if any work with Switch.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Presumably everyone needs a copy of the game.

Can you have 2 on each console?

I'm also curious about this. To be fair, it's probably crap when played over the internet - nothing can match the chaotic pleasure of playing in a big group, but I suppose pandemic needs most. 

4 hours ago, ChewMagma said:

Looking for a recommendation:

I sometimes use my Switch handheld but on a plastic stand with a Pro controller. This is often in a room with patchy wifi so I plug in an ethernet cable to the USB C socket. However, if I do this I obviously can't then charge it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a USB C hub splitter for the Switch which I can plug both an ethernet cable (potentially via USB or direct) and a power cable into at the same time, if that is possible?

I can see quite a lot of products like that but unclear which if any work with Switch.

I didn't think you could use ethernet in portable!

4 hours ago, Popo said:

I'm also curious about this. To be fair, it's probably crap when played over the internet - nothing can match the chaotic pleasure of playing in a big group, but I suppose pandemic needs most. 

A group of us meet up each month for board games, one of our number bought it a week after the last one we've so far been able to do in person.

So at this point he'd probably just be glad to make use of it, although tbf June should be in person.

My little brother lives in another country and has Mario party.

I guess, honestly - is it worth me getting to play with him online? Always wanted to play it but it's a big investment to check if it works ok - or even well for that matter.

6 minutes ago, Simmy said:

My little brother lives in another country and has Mario party.

I guess, honestly - is it worth me getting to play with him online? Always wanted to play it but it's a big investment to check if it works ok - or even well for that matter.

Well they have finally released some DLC for it this week, and it's free I believe.

Anyone played Immortals Fenyx Rising on Switch? I've heard decent things about it, so was going to try it out. I've got vouchers for Currys and they have it reduced at the moment, but is the performance okay on Switch or should I get it on Xbox?

7 hours ago, Butters said:

Anyone played Immortals Fenyx Rising on Switch? I've heard decent things about it, so was going to try it out. I've got vouchers for Currys and they have it reduced at the moment, but is the performance okay on Switch or should I get it on Xbox?

Its actually quite impressive on the Switch given what it’s running on...the eldest got it for Xmas and I was quite surprised how well it runs compared to the PC version I played.

It will inevitably look better on the Xbox though so depends on whether you want it portable or it’s a lot cheaper I guess but it’s certainly playable on the Switch (and a really good game to boot).

4 hours ago, Stanley said:

The Miitopia demo is very popular in our house at the moment, and despite me having no interest in it really, it’s produced to a very high standard - the music and sound is superb. 

The eldest really wants this on Switch even though he must have put 50 hours plus into the 3DS version and it appears to be the same game to me.

Can’t see the appeal myself but clearly it appeals to a younger audience 

9 hours ago, Butters said:

If you’re sold on playing it portable then the switch is the one to go for, though being a multi platform port it won’t look as good as breath of the wild in comparison.

Also, I thought as a game it wasn’t great but many disagree.