Nintendo Switch

2 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Notsureifserious.jpg

It's called There is No Game: Wrong Dimension, sort of like a puzzle adventure Zelda parody thing, but quite meta.

Definitely joking :lol:

6 hours ago, scottcr said:

my sons playing it with his joycons on the TV RIGHT NOW.

Nintendo lied to me!

Is it any good though?

EDIT: bought it anyway 

2 hours ago, deKay said:

Nintendo lied to me!

Is it any good though?

EDIT: bought it anyway 

I’ve not played it yet but my son finished it today after playing it solid from release and he loved it 

My dock seems to have stopped connecting to the TV.

Now, I remember a dongle being shared in here which you could throw HDMI and ethernet into which was a decent alternative to the dock, but I'm drawing a blank trying to find it. Does anyone in here have one you could share the details of?

Thanks 

There Is No Game completed. Some clever puzzles, totally insane events, funny game homages (and the whole F2P bit!) but the “game” character who keeps talking to you frequently drops hints you don’t need or spoils the solutions for you. And his accent really grates.

Good though!

3 hours ago, TheShend said:

My dock seems to have stopped connecting to the TV.

Now, I remember a dongle being shared in here which you could throw HDMI and ethernet into which was a decent alternative to the dock, but I'm drawing a blank trying to find it. Does anyone in here have one you could share the details of?

Thanks 

Its this one- https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B078RZQJ8D?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

After it was released in 2019, The Last Remnant Remastered has never been on sale once on the Eshop. I've had it on my wishlist since then, mocking me. So today I bit the bullet and bought it at full price. Anyone who's waiting for it to be discounted can thank me next week when it inevitably is. 

Goddammit, I just forked out 6 quid for that dodo bag. It's pretty nice, but much smaller than I was anticipating. It's not worth 6 quid imo

Likewise the calendar, although there wouldn’t have been any point in waiting past January for that anyway.

I guess they finally realised that shipping a “free” promo item at £7 each from Germany was a losing prospect for everybody involved.

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Most of the stuff is in real money for me. It's not like I have enough points anyway, seeing as they've fucking expired because the 'rewards' were fucking garbage.

Ditto, it's all very well but I've long stopped paying attention to what points I have because they'd expire them before I had enough for anything anyway even if I wanted to pay £7 shipping for something not worth £7.

Wait, are they still doing the points for tat scheme? I thought it had been replaced by the points for a discount on downloads scheme.

You don't think Nintendo can't manage to have several entirely disconnected schemes going at once without ever knowing which you're earning towards or what account it's going on?

5 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Earth Defence Force 2 and 2017 are getting releases on the Switch. :omg:

Portable EDF is the best EDF. I can't wait. 

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/earth-defense-force-2-invaders-from-planet-space-and-earth-defense-force-2017-coming-to-switch

:omg:

Planet Space is a port of EDF2/Global Defence Force (PS2) with upgraded visuals, some more levels, the Air Raider class. Presume (hope) we'll get online co-op!

2017 is a slightly visually downgraded port of the 360 version, but adds the Wing Diver class from EDF2 rather than having just soldier (Hopefully again with multiplayer!)

World Brothers also finally got a release date - May 27th! (PS4 and Steam also)

Super Mario Party has just been updated with an online multiplayer mode. 

Ver. 1.1.0 (Released April 27, 2021)

Feature Added

You can now play the following modes over the internet:

Mario Party

Partner Party

Free Play (Minigames)

Important: To play over the internet, a subscription to the paid Nintendo Switch Online service is required.

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

Super Mario Party has just been updated with an online multiplayer mode. 

Presumably everyone needs a copy of the game.

Can you have 2 on each console?

Looking for a recommendation:

I sometimes use my Switch handheld but on a plastic stand with a Pro controller. This is often in a room with patchy wifi so I plug in an ethernet cable to the USB C socket. However, if I do this I obviously can't then charge it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a USB C hub splitter for the Switch which I can plug both an ethernet cable (potentially via USB or direct) and a power cable into at the same time, if that is possible?

I can see quite a lot of products like that but unclear which if any work with Switch.