Nintendo Switch

deKay

I just found out that Jets 'N' Guns and Jets 'N' Guns 2 are on the Switch! The first was one of my favourite scrolling shooters in the earlier 2000s. Loving the sequel. 

8 hours ago, T Pot said:

I just found out that Jets 'N' Guns and Jets 'N' Guns 2 are on the Switch! The first was one of my favourite scrolling shooters in the earlier 2000s. Loving the sequel. 

I have them on the PC, and can recommend the first, but I was disappointed by the sequel. It's not terrible, but pretty lacking in content compared to the first game. Killer soundtracks on both though, if you like your chip metal.

I have a nice bluetooth adapter for my switch that gives me a really solid connection and no lag that I can tell (With Airpods max). Could someone recommend a good alternative that also supports power passthrough while I'm playing handheld?

Setup my switch again for the first time in a few months in order to finish Breath of the Wild. 

I want to get a few more games for it. What’s the verdict on Skyward Sword ? I know it’s out soon. 

and what’s the best Mario game ? Always liked the look of 3D world but wouldn’t mind picking Odyssey if it’s considered the better game. 

6 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Setup my switch again for the first time in a few months in order to finish Breath of the Wild. 

I want to get a few more games for it. What’s the verdict on Skyward Sword ? I know it’s out soon. 

and what’s the best Mario game ? Always liked the look of 3D world but wouldn’t mind picking Odyssey if it’s considered the better game. 

Skyward Sword isn't a bad game as such, but bear in mind that BotW was basically a reaction to all the things that were wrong with it, and is its polar opposite in terms of freedom and handholding. It's very linear, there's no real open world, but the dungeons and motion controls are excellent. I played it on the Wii and enjoyed it well enough, but I would never play it again in a million years. Make of that what you will!

Odyssey is marvellous. Possibly the best Mario game. 

Skyward Sword is technically fine, and has loads of great environmental puzzles and neat ideas, but it came along at a time when I was personally very bored of Zelda games in what had become, by then, a very prescriptive and tired format. Unburdened from such concerns, I’m sure you’ll have a grand time, but I personally won’t be going near it. 

@Fargo

23 hours ago, Flub said:

I have a nice bluetooth adapter for my switch that gives me a really solid connection and no lag that I can tell (With Airpods max). Could someone recommend a good alternative that also supports power passthrough while I'm playing handheld?

You just need something like this, don't you?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphone-Adapter-Earphone-Charging-Compatible-black/dp/B07KXRHGDS

2 hours ago, Fargo said:

Odyssey and 3D World are very different - both deserve your time. I'm working on my third playthrough of 3D World (twice on Wii U, again on Switch), at some point I'll wipe my Odyssey save and start again as well, brilliant games. 

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Yeah. I've looked around at the various options and it turns out I've got one of the most liked adaptors to start with so I reckon I might just invest in an audio cable for the Airpods and just use that when I need to charge.

No mention anywhere of improved performance, right?

Nintendo Switch OLED comes with

• an adjustable wide stand
  • a new 7-inch OLED screen
  • enhanced audio
  • a wired LAN port
  • 64GB internal storage
  • white or black colour choice

1 minute ago, QuackQuack said:

No mention anywhere of improved performance, right?

No. Bigger screen, OLED, wider stand and a LAN port.

I never expected better performance. Weirdly it doesn’t seem to replace the original model