IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

3 hours ago, deKay said:

Everything.

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Ugh.

It is actually possible to do it per game Stanley. Go to Data Management in settings and select Transfer Your Save Data. Then select 'Send Save Data to Another Console'. It'll then allow you to manually pick the game you wish to transfer. That's how I transferred my Switch Lite save of Sword/Shield a few months back to my Hybrid Switch.

Between my daughter going to bed at 7 and Love Island starting at 9 I usually dick about on my computer, playing football manager and reading forums. I’m not feeling great at the moment so think I could spend this time mindlessly playing a game on my Switch.

Can anyone recommend a game where you control someone and work through the game, “recruiting” team mates and, you know, doing stuff? But that’s got an easy setting or something so I can just blitz through without struggling.

Was thinking maybe Diablo 3 but it’s a bit complicated isn’t it?

I’m wanting like Dungeon Siege or something.

does sharing digital games between two switched work like xbox (as it seems to).

Hypothetically...

1) I have a primary switch for my account and that has MK8 on it

2) I have my second switch and my account is logged in. I can play MK8 on this switch fine.

3) However on primary switch can someone else (on another account like my son) play MK8 at same time as I am playing on my 2nd switch?

To jump on the back of @Clipper’s question with a similar one of my own,

I own a Switch and have a ton of digital games, I have recently bought my Daughter a Lite….If I sign in to my account on both my Main Switch and my Daughters Lite what can and Can’t I do? Can we be logged in at the same time? Can we both play my purchased games? Cheers all

59 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Between my daughter going to bed at 7 and Love Island starting at 9 I usually dick about on my computer, playing football manager and reading forums. I’m not feeling great at the moment so think I could spend this time mindlessly playing a game on my Switch.

Can anyone recommend a game where you control someone and work through the game, “recruiting” team mates and, you know, doing stuff? But that’s got an easy setting or something so I can just blitz through without struggling.

I’m wanting like Dungeon Siege or something.

Dragon’s Dogma maybe? Not that I’ve ever actually played that, but I’m sure you recruit other players’ characters for quests and stuff. But they’re not player controlled, even though it’s their characters. Is that right? Fuck, I dunno.

EDIT: It’s called the ‘Pawn’ system, and I have no idea about how it works but it maybe sounds like what you’re looking for 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

@Clipper My understanding is that so long as you'd started MK8 on the secondary Switch first, and the primary Switch wasn't online, you could have it running on both at the same time. I don't think it'd be possible to play together though. If both consoles are online I'm sure it either prevents the game loading a second time, or kicks the other user off.

@CovisGod If you set your daughter's Lite to your account's 'primary' console, she can play any of your digital games under her own profile. You'd still be able to play them on your own Switch but only with your profile. You also need to be online when the game initially loads to pass whatever DRM checks they do.

Basically, anyone can play digital content on a console so long as the user it was bought by has it set as their primary console. A user can then play any games they own on another device so long as it is online, but only under their own profile.

8 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Nah, not really. It’s an action RPG and any complexity is introduced pretty gradually. It’s great on the Switch too, although to be fair it’s not one of the most demanding games out there. I’d certainly recommend it.

The Witcher 3 is also great on Switch but can be a little more tricky to grasp at first. It absolutely is the worst version of the game in terms of visuals and performance, but still a fabulous, extremely good port of one of the greatest games ever made.

Are there any Switch physical releases, other than Tetris 99, which include a 1 year online sub? I need to re sub but I'd rather grab a physical game than just the £17.99 an online sub I think it currently is. Tbh, I'm tempted to just get another copy of Tetris!

5 hours ago, gizmo1990 said:

£17.99 an online sub I think it currently is.

Yup, 'tis. Just had a reminder. Given my online credit is 0.00 and I don't have a CC linked to the account, I doubt that's going to auto-renew.

It really does amaze me that the Xbox and PlayStation doesn't support gyro, I know the PlayStation consoles have it but so few games use it that it may as well not be there. I'm not saying gyro should be mandatory I'd just like the option to use it in any game that has aiming because I find controller + gyro to be significantly better than controller on it's own.

Gyro is something I have enjoyed on my 3ds, Wii U and now the Switch, I have even bought a Steam controller so I can have the function in my PC games when I use a controller. It's honestly become something of a deal breaker for me when using controllers.

Were people and companies so scarred by the 'dreaded waggle' that now any sort of motion control is unacceptable?

I finished Skyward Sword HD last week and now I'm playing Breath of the wild and using the bow or anything that requires aiming is a joy.

I don't know yet, waiting to hear from Nintendo CS. Yes, I hacked it around a year and a bit ago, but never ever use it in CFW mode. The only thing I can think of was a purchase I made on Saturday with the joint account card instead of a personal card. Might have been flagged.

On 18/08/2021 at 14:59, disperse and recoagulate said:

Nexomon Extinction is basically a 2D Pokémon game, currently on sale for £11-ish. No idea how hard or easy it is, though, I just got it myself because it seems ideal for exactly this sort of thing.

Noooo.... I can't even do a System Transfer because the consoles need to both be online. I am screwed. CS have gotten back to me asking for further info, but now I'm worried about getting my account banned and losing access to all my saves and £100s in digital purchases. I feel sick. I think I'm just going to leave it, take the loss and wait for the OLED to show up.

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

Trying to get the Luigi keyring, I'm a VIP member on the site and no where to add this after putting the  Mario keyring in the cart. Must be missing something.

Site states:

'For a limited time, My Nintendo users can redeem their Platinum Points for a cool LEGO® Super Mario™ Keychain, digital wallpapers and even LEGO® VIP points. That’s not all! If you’re a LEGO® VIP member, you can redeem your LEGO® VIP points to receive a matching LEGO® Luigi™ Keychain and digital wallpaper as well.'

On 24/08/2021 at 12:22, shirubagan said:

Noooo.... I can't even do a System Transfer because the consoles need to both be online. I am screwed. CS have gotten back to me asking for further info, but now I'm worried about getting my account banned and losing access to all my saves and £100s in digital purchases. I feel sick. I think I'm just going to leave it, take the loss and wait for the OLED to show up.

for info I have a banned Switch (CFW) and it hasn't banned my account.  I am pretty sure they just blacklist the hardware.