IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

9 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I mean acting affronted by things you won’t buy is one of the tenants of being a gamer and on Rllmuk so I jokingly suggested you must be nee to still be amazed by it.

Ah right, tbf the reaction here still seems like a zen garden compared to Twitter.

34 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Amazing how affronted some people act with this stuff.

It’s £3 a month. Don’t like what’s on offer? Then don’t subscribe. It’s hardly essential. 

It’s absolutely essential if you want to move cloud saves between Switch’s, and it’s unreasonable to just raise the price by 100% without letting customers know what to expect from the service in the future.

As I said earlier, by the time they add a few more systems to the service we could be paying in excess of £100 per year going by their current pricing tiers. 

It’s inconsistent and unsustainable. 

If it makes anyone feel any better its seems like Republic of Ireland customers have to order the N64 controller from Nintendos German store for €49.99 and then pay €14.99 for delivery. 

Enjoy your free delivery you bastards.

I'm not buying one, I was just curious. 

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It’s absolutely essential if you want to move cloud saves between Switch’s

That’s a feature of the expansion? Or the base package that is £1.50 a month?

You’ve been spoilt by one of the richest companies in the world giving you free stuff because they don’t yet dominate the market. 

9 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It’s absolutely essential if you want to move cloud saves between Switch’s, and it’s unreasonable to just raise the price by 100% without letting customers know what to expect from the service in the future.

As I said earlier, by the time they add a few more systems to the service we could be paying in excess of £100 per year going by their current pricing tiers. 

It’s inconsistent and unsustainable. 

But you could stay on the cheaper tier?

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

But you could stay on the cheaper tier?

You could yeah, and carry on paying for the same NES and SNES games you have been paying for over the last three years, bargain! 

How about a tier for the same price as that one for N64 only? 

It’s a rip off. 

7 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

That’s a feature of the expansion? Or the base package that is £1.50 a month?

You’ve been spoilt by one of the richest companies in the world giving you free stuff because they don’t yet dominate the market. 

Microsoft don’t dominate the market?

Ok :hmm:

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

You could yeah, and carry on paying for the same NES and SNES games you have been paying for over the last three years, bargain! 

How about a tier for the same price as that one for N64 only? 

It’s a rip off. 

I don't need any ROMs at all. I just want a package that doesn't use P2P for gaming and hosts my cloud saves indefinitely. I'd pay €90 a year for that.

3 minutes ago, Fallows said:

I don't need any ROMs at all. I just want a package that doesn't use P2P for gaming and hosts my cloud saves indefinitely. I'd pay €90 a year for that.

This is the thing, charging £18 a year, or £32 for the family, they’re off the hook to an extent because they’re way cheaper. 

Once you start charging £60 then people expect more than just a few N64 ROMS.

12 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Gamepass is an absolute steal, it’s absolutely spoiling us with loads of games for a really cheap cost?

Yeah, I should just shut up and be grateful for a load of old ROMs that I have to play with a shit border, a barely functional online service and some DLC for one game. 

Game Pass has nothing to do with this being a shit deal. Are Nintendo going to up the price every time they add a new rom pack? Who'd trust them not to do that now?

1 minute ago, Alex W. said:

Some folk in here are saying that something is different about cloud saves on the new tier compared to the existing one, what is that exactly?

God knows, perhaps this one actually lets you access all your saves between consoles instead of just some

of them. 

:lol: 

14 minutes ago, Quest said:

Yeah, I should just shut up and be grateful for a load of old ROMs that I have to play with a shit border, a barely functional online service and some DLC for one game. 

Game Pass has nothing to do with this being a shit deal. Are Nintendo going to up the price every time they add a new rom pack? Who'd trust them not to do that now?

The poster I was replying to specifically compared it to Gamepass.

As for your thoughts on the service: If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. I’ll probably skip it myself. No big deal. As always, value is in the eye of the beholder.

4 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

They’re on their way for sure!

But even if you don’t compare it to Game Pass, how about PS Now or PS Plus, Apple Arcade. 

Even Stadia Pro is better value for money.

And a perhaps small but I think  important difference with Game Pass is that you can still purchase each game outright if you choose. 

I might only want to play Ocarina of Time and use cloud saves but I’m being held to ransom with this second tier. 

Just now, Calashnikov said:

I ordered a pad but won’t be levelling up my sub until F-Zero X is on there. Felt I’d better secure the pad just in case scalper sales of them go tits as per usual.

That’s the other thing, why are they drip feeding games that will eventually all end up on the service for the same price? 

Opaque as ever. 

30 minutes ago, Stanley said:

But even if you don’t compare it to Game Pass, how about PS Now or PS Plus, Apple Arcade. 

Even Stadia Pro is better value for money.

And a perhaps small but I think  important difference with Game Pass is that you can still purchase each game outright if you choose. 

I might only want to play Ocarina of Time and use cloud saves but I’m being held to ransom with this second tier. 

None of those have Nintendo games though.

History, quality and nostalgia are the value proposition here. Might not be enough for you or me but they obviously think they can charge that much for it. And they’re normally proven right. The market decides the value. 

1 minute ago, Sarlaccfood said:

None of those have Nintendo games though.

History, quality and nostalgia are the value proposition there. Might not be enough for you or me but they obviously think they can charge that much for it. And they’re normally proven right. The market decides the value. 

Oh yeah I get it and in that respect I am part of the problem, I will pay for it as I have since the service began - but going forward I’d like to know what their plans are when more and more systems are added to the service.