Nintendo Switch

deKay

I assume there will be a two tier system going forward. I currently have a family sub for next year (22.49 thanks to cdkeys) so can I continue on that level in future? is this a new choice or do wehave to renew at £60 next year.

Just now, Clipper said:

I assume there will be a two tier system going forward. I currently have a family sub for next year (22.49 thanks to cdkeys) so can I continue on that level in future? is this a new choice or do wehave to renew at £60 next year.

Two tiers.

If I were really into Animal Crossing it would seem like a much better deal. I imagine a lot of people are still really into it, or will be again with the new DLC.

From what I’ve seen the new DLC is rather substantial but I was always under the impression AC was almost a live service game that would be supported by free upgrades for years. I don’t feel great about them charging for it (though I also see it’s way more than just a coffee shop)

30 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

EDIT: Oh and keeping your cloud saves. Hmmm.

What’s this about? I just lost hundreds of hours of cloud saves because I unsubbed last year after selling my Switch.

What I wouldn’t give for a tiny bit of writable memory on the game cards.

4 minutes ago, Strafe said:

If I were really into Animal Crossing it would seem like a much better deal. I imagine a lot of people are still really into it, or will be again with the new DLC.

From what I’ve seen the new DLC is rather substantial but I was always under the impression AC was almost a live service game that would be supported by free upgrades for years. I don’t feel great about them charging for it (though I also see it’s way more than just a coffee shop)

The free update is substantial. The paid dlc is also substantial by the looks of things. I don't think Animal Crossing has been a bad investment. 

How much is the family plan currently? 

I mean I’ll go for the new one because I’d really like the N64 games and Animal Crossing etc. but honestly it’s a piss take, and it’s not like you can buy the games individually which really grates - £60 every year to carry on playing the same NES and SNES that have already been on the service for ages with barely any new additions or anything worthwhile.

When you consider what you get with Game Pass it’s an absolute joke. 

Also! It’s just not sustainable, what happens when they add Gameboy Advance or GameCube to the service, it goes up to £90? 

Yeah £60 for expansion pack is not great honestly (I have to have family sub unfortunately). I definitely want the AC DLC it looks incredible BUT BUT BUT realistically how much will I actually play the N64 and Megadrive games given I've played the current NSO games for less than 10 hours over about 4 years lol.

9 minutes ago, Stanley said:

How much is the family plan currently? 

I mean I’ll go for the new one because I’d really like the N64 games and Animal Crossing etc. but honestly it’s a piss take, and it’s not like you can buy the games individually which really grates - £60 every year to carry on playing the same NES and SNES that have already been on the service for ages with barely any new additions or anything worthwhile.

When you consider what you get with Game Pass it’s an absolute joke. 

Also! It’s just not sustainable, what happens when they add Gameboy Advance or GameCube to the service, it goes up to £90? 

£31.49

15 minutes ago, ChewMagma said:

BUT BUT BUT realistically how much will I actually play the N64 and Megadrive games given I've played the current NSO games for less than 10 hours over about 4 years lol.

That's another thing. Everyone bangs on about N64 games, but then when I check out the play time of everyone on my friends list they've played only a few hours tops of the current stuff. If anyone loved any of the games that much they'd still have the console hooked up and ready to go.

The pricing on that controller is a piss take as well, especially considering that it's only bluetooth. You could easily grab a second-hand N64 for the same price.

6 minutes ago, Fallows said:

That's another thing. Everyone bangs on about N64 games, but then when I check out the play time of everyone on my friends list they've played only a few hours tops of the current stuff. If anyone loved any of the games that much they'd still have the console hooked up and ready to go.

The pricing on that controller is a piss take as well, especially considering that it's only bluetooth. You could easily grab a second-hand N64 for the same price.

You really can't.

4 hours ago, KRP said:

I’m interested to see where they will go when cloud gaming fully takes off. At that point it would seem like an obvious time for platform uniformity to arrive i.e. I assume there will be less or no distinct hardware. 

Hopefully never.

Stream gaming is likely to be shite in the home for a long while yet.  On a portable?

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Nearly twice as much for N64, Megadrive and an expansion a lot of people aren't going to use? Oh Nintendo.

EDIT: Oh and keeping your cloud saves. Hmmm.

Keeping your cloud saves for the games they decide they will.

Which is no for the 2 I'd consider most important.

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Wait, I'm confused. I thought you meant you could buy an N64 for £40? Or were you talking about the pad AND the sub? Because that would make more sense. But then you'd have to buy the games and, well.....

And source a CRT TV or a hdmi adapter that doesn’t look like complete shit.

10 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Amazing how affronted some people act with this stuff.

It’s £3 a month. Don’t like what’s on offer? Then don’t subscribe. It’s hardly essential. 

About time we got a new member in here!

4 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

And source a CRT TV or a hdmi adapter that doesn’t look like complete shit.

It's an N64. It'd look like dogger even on a new old stock high-grade Sony BVM.

13 minutes ago, Fallows said:

A tenner more, then. Loads of BINs on there.

They look to be in good condition, too.

11 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Wait, I'm confused. I thought you meant you could buy an N64 for £40? Or were you talking about the pad AND the sub? Because that would make more sense. But then you'd have to buy the games and, well.....

I've been assembling my retro set-up over the last 6 years and you used to be able to easily aquire an NTSC N64 in great condition. 

I got my NTSC-J unit plus 2 immaculate pads off this very forum for £60 maybe? something like that but that was 2016 or so. 

Retro prices have gone through the room in recent times and it doesn't look that cheap any more. 

...also, after aquiring the console you should then get an Everdrive and never look back 😝