IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

8 hours ago, Luseth said:

I'd love an OLED model but the missus would kill me as i'm meant to be reserving my money for when she goes over on maternity next year :( I'm still buying games for my switch though so may just hold back on playing a select few for when I can get a new model.

Surely you should be getting that FOR maternity next year. 

Since buying the OLED Switch, I began to (re)play Skyrim.  It looks absolutely wonderful on that screen.   it captures the feeling of being in a vast, open-world entirely at your disposal perfectly.  I genuinely cannot think of a better adventure game than this.

3 hours ago, Sane said:

Sadly it does not. At least, I read it didn't and didn't try it out myself because I'm afraid to damage the screen.

It definitely isn't compatible but I believe an OLED model version is in the works. 

18 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Does the vanilla Switch work in a Switch OLED dock, incidentally? And do the Switch OLED models fit inside generic Switch carry-cases?

It's been said by many sources that the docks are completely interchangeable.  As for the carry cases, I have a Snakebyte slip case that fitted the original Switch + Joy-Cons nicely but is just a tiny bit tighter around the OLED so it comes down to whether the case is an exact fit or has just a little bit of give in it.

holy fuck, my switch is louder than my ps5. The boy left it on the sofa,  in handheld mode while playing gt sport.

I hear a noise. It is a fan, as I’d know that sound anywhere.

I wander over to the ps5. It’s not that.

I glance back at the sofa, and the direction of the sound has moved.

And there’s the switch, loud, and vibrating slightly with it.

Amazing. 

On 18/11/2021 at 12:23, Luseth said:

I'd love an OLED model but the missus would kill me as i'm meant to be reserving my money for when she goes over on maternity next year :( I'm still buying games for my switch though so may just hold back on playing a select few for when I can get a new model.

Trade your old one in for an OLED model with the same color joycons. That's what I did. 

The OLED only has white & Neon Joy-Con options but I just switched the Neon ones from the OLED with the Grey Ones from my existing Switch before selling it on. It'll mean the Grey ones have slightly less lifespan but I hardly used them during lockdown anyway & I just couldn't give up that sleek grey slate look the unit has with them attached.

I have a Switch with family membership, one of the accounts on it is my son’s. He’s getting his own Switch at Xmas, what’s the best way to set things up? Does the family membership work across multiple consoles? Is there a Primary/Secondary console  setup similar to PS for sharing games?

14 hours ago, scoobysi said:

I have a Switch with family membership, one of the accounts on it is my son’s. He’s getting his own Switch at Xmas, what’s the best way to set things up? Does the family membership work across multiple consoles? Is there a Primary/Secondary console  setup similar to PS for sharing games?

Yep, the family account works across multiple consoles. I have a Switch OLED, my girlfriend has my old Switch and my daughter has a Switch of her own (she doesn't live with me, so we're not quite a 3-Switch household) and all are covered by my family membership.

However, this is just for the online access and benefits (like the SNES, NES, Megadrive and N64 games). For games purchased from the eShop, you do indeed have a primary console and then secondary consoles. So for my individual account, my OLED is the primary, my girlfriend's Switch is a secondary. She can play games I've purchased digitally, but only if I'm not playing on my Switch at the time.

I haven't tried anything sneaky like putting my Switch in flight mode or anything yet, largely because my girlfriend is far more interested in her copy of Animal Crossing than any of my games, so I'm not sure how easy it is to trick Nintendo's checks.

6 minutes ago, Zio said:

Yep, the family account works across multiple consoles. I have a Switch OLED, my girlfriend has my old Switch and my daughter has a Switch of her own (she doesn't live with me, so we're not quite a 3-Switch household) and all are covered by my family membership.

However, this is just for the online access and benefits (like the SNES, NES, Megadrive and N64 games). For games purchased from the eShop, you do indeed have a primary console and then secondary consoles. So for my individual account, my OLED is the primary, my girlfriend's Switch is a secondary. She can play games I've purchased digitally, but only if I'm not playing on my Switch at the time.

I haven't tried anything sneaky like putting my Switch in flight mode or anything yet, largely because my girlfriend is far more interested in her copy of Animal Crossing than any of my games, so I'm not sure how easy it is to trick Nintendo's checks.

Thanks for that. Does the secondary Switch have to be online for your girlfriend to play your games? I assume that’s with her being logged into her own account but accessing your games. Odd that you need to be offline.

8 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Thanks for that. Does the secondary Switch have to be online for your girlfriend to play your games? I assume that’s with her being logged into her own account but accessing your games. Odd that you need to be offline.

Yeah, if she tries to load one of my games on her Switch, a pop-up will appear saying it's checking online that the game can be played. Her games, and my games on my OLED do not do this, they just start.

1 hour ago, iknowgungfu said:

I find this a bit strange really. I have the same thing. Am I correct that even with a family plan if I am playing one digitally owned game my daughter on the same plan would not be able to play another digitally owned game?

Not if it was bought with your account and you’re online at the time.

Anyone had to send a Joycon off for repair recently.  I've tried twice to book the repair with Nintendo but I just don't get the email with the shipping label, etc.  Does it take a couple of days for the email to come through or is it normally pretty quick?