IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

4 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

So I finally, inevitably buckled on the SwOLED :facepalm: 💸

Just setting it up now. Is there a painless tried and tested method for getting my entire library and save data transferred onto there from my old Switch? Right now it’s looking like I need to do it manually for every title 😨

you can copy your entire user with saves during first setup EXCEPT Animal Crossing which needs its own tool. 

1 hour ago, Calashnikov said:

I brought over my existing user account but fuck all games or saves came over. I’m currently going through my cloud saves and downloading data for each title individually. Fucked it. Knew it.

I had to re download everything. Couldn’t move them across, unless I missed something. 

3 minutes ago, kyletherobot said:

I've just ordered and redeemed a £50 code. 

The code was emailed straight after payment. 

It looks like it's a company called Famehype that handles it all. 

Debit/credit card only though I think!

Cheers, I'll take a look on my computer tomorrow. Might have a headache from my bank.

45 minutes ago, SMD said:

Cheers, have you used them before? Do they accept PayPal? 

20 minutes ago, retroed said:

I've never used them.

I don't imagine too many people have, based on my keen deductive skills:

Screenshot_20211221-221030_Firefox.thumb.jpg.7de8d5d3dbc099c7169a1cd24a24117d.jpg

Centre, move in, stop.

Screenshot_20211221-221108_Firefox.jpg.1d356ab1d8c73f01b0141fbce17d3b0c.jpg

Track right, move in, stop.

Screenshot_20211221-220845_Firefox.jpg.77ece13bde42e2a6c1d0890cf6fd7218.jpg

Gimme a hard copy right there.

9 minutes ago, Wiper said:

I don't imagine too many people have, based on my keen deductive skills:

Screenshot_20211221-221030_Firefox.thumb.jpg.7de8d5d3dbc099c7169a1cd24a24117d.jpg

Centre, move in, stop.

Screenshot_20211221-221108_Firefox.jpg.1d356ab1d8c73f01b0141fbce17d3b0c.jpg

Track right, move in, stop.

Screenshot_20211221-220845_Firefox.jpg.77ece13bde42e2a6c1d0890cf6fd7218.jpg

Gimme a hard copy right there.

Wow can't believe we found out you put @kyletheroboton ignore this way.

Recently tried playing a Smurfs game (Lost Village?) with my 4 year old and it's solid. Lots of difficult jumps and having to swing the camera around to get it right. Even on the easiest setting, there's no way she could progress without me.

Spotted an advert for a Paw Patrol game in one of her magazines yesterday so gonna try playing Adventure City Calls instead.

Failing that we've still got Mario Kart 8. The 'assisted controls' on that are really really good for little kids. Steers for you but not too obviously, and so she doesn't even realise she's not in complete control. Plus the GPs are 4 races each so we can alternate each and, if we're lucky, win a trophy. We've won all but two gold trophies in 50cc (both silver) and got a good mix of trophies in all the 100cc GPs. 150cc is proving difficult though - 2 GPs down and only two 4th place finishes and no trophies to show for it.

1 hour ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Spotted an advert for a Paw Patrol game in one of her magazines yesterday so gonna try playing Adventure City Calls instead.

My daughter is really keen on this but I've avoided it so far, let me know how you get on if you give it a shot.

On 20/12/2021 at 14:43, Popo said:

image.jpeg.653d02dd186e1061eb29d0ba2c37c9e6.jpeg

They made a total of 4 of them: their marketing strat being creating a desperate craving among their Faithful so that they jump at the chance (the very honour) of buying anything that issues forth from the Loins of the Source of All Miracles (Nintendo). Despite feeling this way, I will buy anything that issus forth from Ninty's loving Loins.

What is the latest recommendations for memory cards on the switch?

Looking for at least 128gb I think. Will likely order after Xmas as hopefully some will be in the sales.

Edit: Official Switch Sandisk 128gb is £18 on Amazon just now, doubt it will get much cheaper.

15 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

once it's in your machine you won't be able to tell the difference between an official card and any other rated at least at the same speed....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultra-HD-Premium-Memory-Microsdxc-Integral/dp/B07FC7W32H/

Great price, I've had it in my head that these things were a lot more expansive than they seem to be.

I haven't bought these types of memory cards since the days of the PSP & Vita though so maybe I've been psychologically scarred by Sony's pricing.