16. Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu
17. Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee
18. Splatoon 2
19. FIFA 20 Legacy Edition
20. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
21. Super Mario Maker 2
22. Luigi’s Mansion 3

11 hours ago, Flub said:

I have both. What would you like to know?

I went with the Binbok in the end- primarily for it's versatility. It's on it's way from, I assume, China.

4 hours ago, drmick said:

I went with the Binbok in the end- primarily for it's versatility. It's on it's way from, I assume, China.

That's the one I would have recommended. It's much more versatile. Didn't you order from Amazon US? They prepay the import duty for you so it's an all in price.

*Edit* If anyone wants some very ergonomic wireless controllers (Similar to the non-wireless Hori split pad) try these. Amazon include import duty in the shipping fees so you won't get stung for any extra charges

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094CX4K9F?psc=1

image.png.91c2932cdd736a234042b35d7f597de5.png

Docking the switch still works with them attached. 

Finally getting myself a Nintendo Switch.

Quick question about the games - if I buy digital can anyone added to a family account also play it?

Also how tall is the oled when docked? Trying to figure out if it will fit in a certain shelf.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Sng said:

Finally getting myself a Nintendo Switch.

Quick question about the games - if I buy digital can anyone added to a family account also play it?

Also how tall is the oled when docked? Trying to figure out if it will fit in a certain shelf.

Cheers!

1. Nope. It’s Nintendo. 

2. about 4 inches or so. A docked switch sits in a half kallax gap with about an inch an half clearance above it (edit it’s actually 124 mm.)

2 hours ago, Sng said:

Yes, on the same Switch.

On 01/01/2022 at 13:45, Flub said:

That's the one I would have recommended. It's much more versatile. Didn't you order from Amazon US? They prepay the import duty for you so it's an all in price.

*Edit* If anyone wants some very ergonomic wireless controllers (Similar to the non-wireless Hori split pad) try these. Amazon include import duty in the shipping fees so you won't get stung for any extra charges

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094CX4K9F?psc=1

image.png.91c2932cdd736a234042b35d7f597de5.png

Docking the switch still works with them attached. 

How are the buttons and dpad on this? I had the Hori and didn't really like the feel of it. Can't 100% put my finger on why though

On 03/01/2022 at 20:20, Ninja Doctor said:

1. Nope. It’s Nintendo. 

2. about 4 inches or so. A docked switch sits in a half kallax gap with about an inch an half clearance above it (edit it’s actually 124 mm.)

I love the notion that an item of IKEA furniture is so prevalent in homes these days it is now a standard estimate of size. 😆

I knew exactly what sort of gap side you were describing there…. Have several Kallax unit’s myself. 

On 27/12/2021 at 02:26, drmick said:

Does anybody have any experience with the Binbok split joypad? Trying to decide between it or the Hori split pad.

I bought a Hori split pad for my son as his joycon sticks were drifting. I was so impressed with it on day-1 that I immediately bought one for myself.

Personal opinion (not having used any other 3rd party joycons) is that it's a brilliant replacement if you just want to use the switch with these pads in handheld mode (they don't have batteries nor wireless capability), but the build quality and design are so good that to me it is as good as using a Nintendo Pro Controller.

On 07/01/2022 at 03:14, Sarlaccfood said:

Just remembered we’re due a direct this month. Although I imagine any BOTW2 or Metroid Prime news will be saved for summer?

Team March for BOTW2, lets go

Only ACII is on the cartridge. I'll probably pick it up when its cheap, the trilogy is good for pick and play due to the relatively small size of the world. Hopefully it runs OK. 

21 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Weird would have thought they would have waited for the direct. 

They announced it in the last one.

On 31/12/2021 at 23:55, Keyboard Koala said:

The most played Switch games in Europe in 2021:

1. Fortnite (le sigh)
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
3. Minecraft
4. Pokemon Sword
5. Pokemon Shield
6. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
8. Rocket League
9. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
10. Super Mario Odyssey
11. FIFA 21 Legacy Edition
12. Pokemon Unite
13. Monster Hunter Rise
14. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
15. Super Mario Party
16. Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu
17. Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee
18. Splatoon 2
19. FIFA 20 Legacy Edition
20. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
21. Super Mario Maker 2
22. Luigi’s Mansion 3

How nice it'd be if ARMS made that list. :(

7 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

It’ll never take off. It doesn’t even do 4K. 

Is this where we try to pretend the Switch is better because it can’t do a decent picture on modern tellies again? :sherlock:

My kid just has a profile on our Switch, and got a couple of games for xmas which are now nagging about linking his account to a profile.  How do I fix this?  Do I have to set him up a Nintendo online account?  Can I add him as a child to my account rather than mess about setting him up an email address?

2 hours ago, ZOK said:

Is this where we try to pretend the Switch is better because it can’t do a decent picture on modern tellies again? :sherlock:

Nope, it's where we really don't give a toss and just play what we like, handheld or not, as we choose.